2019 Hurricane Season

T&C

For a while there we were downgraded to only a hurricane watch in my area (Palm Beach County).

The storm looks like it's going to stay out to sea and follow the coast line up.  

It might be a problem for like South Carolina or something; don't think it's going to mess with me very much.

We'll just get a lot of wind and rain.  

40 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Interesting fact... 1/3 of time... A storm will NOT pass through the predicted cone of uncertainty.

I have a hunch it ain't passing east!

I looked at the latest loop and at the very end it looked like it was taking a slight WNW track... hope it wasn't just a wobble but the beginning of a real move. 5 o'clock update should be very telling.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, T&C said:

I looked at the latest loop and at the very end it looked like it was taking a slight WNW track... hope it wasn't just a wobble but the beginning of a real move. 5 o'clock update should be very telling.

One coast rejoice will be another's pain. Too bad it can't hook out to sea like a Trump hook on hole 5! LoL...

I take that's a "Bermuda High?"

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

36 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Where did you move to? If you say New Orleans I will consider you to be crazy! :)

Not just no -- HELL NO. ? We're in the suburbs of Atlanta. We get a bit of wind from Florida's hurricanes, but that's about it! We moved shortly after Jeanne. Went to bed and were told that Hurricane Jeanne was moving away from the United States. Wake up... Jeanne ***** LOOPED back toward us. We were in Vero Beach at the time and got hit pretty hard.

Jeanne_2004_track.png

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Not just no -- HELL NO. ? We're in the suburbs of Atlanta. We get a bit of wind from Florida's hurricanes, but that's about it! We moved shortly after Jeanne. Went to bed and were told that Hurricane Jeanne was moving away from the United States. Wake up... Jeanne ***** LOOPED back toward us. We were in Vero Beach at the time and got hit pretty hard.

Jeanne_2004_track.png

That first light blue "bead" over the state is where we live... majorly ***** things up here, mainly the trees. I have a 6' tall shard from a destroyed oak in my living room. Did get 6 grand from the insurance company on that one though as it took out the back patio and a couple of other things that to me were minor but whatever, sure. 

Anticipating the 5pm update on Dorian.

3 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I'm near Greenville NC. About 3 and hlf to 4 hrs north of Wilmington NC. And it's looking like it's headed that way. Just hope that beast stays in the water for the most part. We already got hit here pretty good last year around this same time and some are still recovering.

Stay safe, broski.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

That's me between Palm Beach and Ft Lauderdale.

What is your plan if at all a plan? I can see folks in your area getting mesmerised by the forecast but I think a lot of bad ***** will still hit the eastern side of Fla. This is one nasty ***** to say the least, I don't recall seeing another one this perfectly designed like this killer is.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, T&C said:

What is your plan if at all a plan? I can see folks in your area getting mesmerised by the forecast but I think a lot of bad ***** will still hit the eastern side of Fla. This is one nasty ***** to say the least, I don't recall seeing another one this perfectly designed like this killer is.

I live a half mile from where I work which is a concrete facility with dual generators b.c of the food. My boss said I could hold up in there if it might get bad.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

I live a half mile from where I work which is a concrete facility with dual generators b.c of the food. My boss said I could hold up in there if it might get bad.

Publix?

32 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Wow that is amazingly beautiful for what destruction it brings.

I think you said it about as accurately as can be told... beautiful but deadly. The guys flying into and around that thing must have nuts the size of baseballs.

I "think" its taken a slight wnw turn but will wait until the 11pm update to know for sure.