2019 Hurricane Season

T&C

12 hours ago, /dev/null said:

I mean no offense.  Really, I wish you guys well down there.

But if it's going to hit somewhere, I'd rather it stay down there

Wife said i was being insensitive yesterday when i said dont care where it goes, as long as it does not take my power out for next Sunday and opening day on the NFL

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, /dev/null said:

I mean no offense.  Really, I wish you guys well down there.

But if it's going to hit somewhere, I'd rather it stay down there

that would be like me saying if it's going to hit somewhere, I'd rater it be north of me in ga or the carolinas. rather selfish of me to think like that. I really mean no offense but that's the take I get from you. I understand though, nobody wants it to hit their home so it becomes easy to be more selfish as to where you would like to see it land.

it's going to hit somewhere, lets just hope no lives are lost as we know there will be immense damage somewhere along the east coast by mid week.

wishing you well up there, where ever you are.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

33 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Now 180 mph. This -- right here -- is why we left Florida.

Florida.jpg

With gusts up to 220... Like Duke said, scary as *****. I'm just east of Tampa and the sooner this one takes a north/northeast turn the better.

6 minutes ago, T&C said:

With gusts up to 220... Like Duke said, scary as *****. I'm just east of Tampa and the sooner this one takes a north/northeast turn the better.

It's eerily reminiscent of Andrew. They kept saying it would turn north, but...

I have good friends in Rockledge/Melbourne who are waiting it out. We're anxiously awaiting that turn.

13 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

It's eerily reminiscent of Andrew. They kept saying it would turn north, but...

I have good friends in Rockledge/Melbourne who are waiting it out. We're anxiously awaiting that turn.

I'm hoping the 2pm or the 5pm update shows some sort of trend other than due west. Your friends are really close to the left edge of the current forecast. They don't want to take a west coast trip across the state? Plenty of hotel rooms over this way.

6 minutes ago, T&C said:

I'm hoping the 2pm or the 5pm update shows some sort of trend other than due west. Your friends are really close to the left edge of the current forecast. They don't want to take a west coast trip across the state? Plenty of hotel rooms over this way.

You nailed it. They're waiting to see what the 5 p.m. update shows. But by then I think they'll have a lot of competition getting out of town.

5 minutes ago, T&C said:

Window guy told my sister... Nothing may stop CAT 5.  The windows they replaced go to 175.  Door, sliding glass door is $10,000.  Yet behind patio/balcony shutters.

3 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yup!  I'd almost try anything right now.  Can we still *NukeIt©?  

*But steer it over Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens first?  Then NukeIt©?

J/K!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

You got that right. Problem is , it's hard to build storm shelters below sea level. 

I'm near Greenville NC. About 3 and hlf to 4 hrs north of Wilmington NC. And it's looking like it's headed that way. Just hope that beast stays in the water for the most part. We already got hit here pretty good last year around this same time and some are still recovering.

2 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I'm near Greenville NC. About 3 and hlf to 4 hrs north of Wilmington NC. And it's looking like it's headed that way. Just hope that beast stays in the water for the most part. We already got hit here pretty good last year around this same time and some are still recovering.

My Niece from Vermont is a sophomore @ UNC-Wilmington.

• Like (+1) 1