2019 Hurricane Season

T&C

30 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Hurricane Brownies. 200 mg of THC!  Get ready, Dorian. Here I come!

Hurricane Brownies resized.jpg

if you're confident Dorian is going to be a non-event, by all means enjoy yourself

but if you think Dorian may be severe in your area, you may want to keep a clear mind

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

if you're confident Dorian is going to be a non-event, by all means enjoy yourself

but if you think Dorian may be severe in your area, you may want to keep a clear mind

Are you MAD?

I can't go screwing around and trying new things at a time like this. 

• Haha (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

WOW.

But why do people with iPhones always seem to shoot in portrait mode in situations where landscape seems so much more useful?  OK, maybe it's not just iPhone people. 

And yes I know he is shooting mostly through windows. So this guy gets a pass. But my point remains.

Edited by The Dean

Then there's this "heart tugging" story.  God bless their little hearts:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1048941

Yeah, right:

“The only people on this block who left have the money to do it — a dentist, a pilot, an anesthesiologist,”

They don't have the "money" to get out?

Time to sell the boat and put down the drink.  Only in 2019, errant priorities get worshipped:

"WILBUR-BY-THE-SEA, Fla. — Typically on Labor Day, Sherry Estrada and her family go boating or relax with a drink on the beach a quarter-mile from their home. ..."

/smh you cant make this stuff up.  There used to be a time:

Migrant_Mother_Nipomo_California_3334095

Now in 2019 when natural calamity strikes:

190902-hurricane-dorian-ed-ou-ac-949p_fa

190902-hurricane-dorian-ed-ou-ac-948p_fa

“You've come a long way, baby” 

13 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Looks like 3 more storms may be brewing after Dorian.  One in the Gulf, one in the western Atlantic and another off the coast of Africa

Western Atlantic... isn't that the US?

Well, I've made my decision. I'm staying put. This looks to be quite the dud, for us anyway. I'm not complaining, though. Best of luck to those of you living on the coast a bit further north.

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Well, I've made my decision. I'm staying put. This looks to be quite the dud, for us anyway. I'm not complaining, though. Best of luck to those of you living on the coast a bit further north.

Yeah, that too.  But, I am really concerned about the good people in Alabama. 

We don't know where it's going to hit, but we have an idea. Probably a little bit different than the original course. The original course was dead into Florida. Now it seems to be going up to toward South Carolina, toward North Carolina. Georgia is going to be hit. Alabama is going to get a piece of it, it looks like. But it can change its course again and it could go back more toward Florida.

20190902_234414.jpg

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah, that too.  But, I am really concerned about the good people in Alabama. 

We don't know where it's going to hit, but we have an idea. Probably a little bit different than the original course. The original course was dead into Florida. Now it seems to be going up to toward South Carolina, toward North Carolina. Georgia is going to be hit. Alabama is going to get a piece of it, it looks like. But it can change its course again and it could go back more toward Florida.

20190902_234414.jpg

It's not heafing back towards FL.  If anything, it'll track farther out to sea than expected.

There's a strong high-pressure ridge over the midwest, keeping Dorian from moving east.  There's no sign of that weakening in the next 24-48 hours.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

It's not heafing back towards FL.  If anything, it'll track farther out to sea than expected.

There's a strong high-pressure ridge over the midwest, keeping Dorian from moving east.  There's no sign of that weakening in the next 24-48 hours.

No sh*t Sherlock. Sarcasm detector broken or just not keeping up today.  My bad for not citing my references properly.  I figure, it got him far, why not me.

That was a direct quote from our President Tweet:  Oh, those poor people in Alabama.

"We don't know where it's going to hit, but we have an idea. Probably a little bit different than the original course. The original course was dead into Florida. Now it seems to be going up to toward South Carolina, toward North Carolina. Georgia is going to be hit. Alabama is going to get a piece of it, it looks like. But it can change its course again and it could go back more toward Florida." ~The Weatherman In Chief