Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ddaryl

Buffalo a travel destination !!!

Recommended Posts

stuff all around Toronto for Buffalo tourism

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2019 at 1:16 PM, ddaryl said:

Really enjoy seeing positive articles about Buffalo's revival. Coming back this weekend for a wedding at Hotel Henry. Always love gauging the progress of Buffalo every return trip

 


https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/tripideas/the-great-buffalo-revival/ar-AACxYOK?ocid=spartanntp

 

 

Old news for the locals.Medical research and banking (M&T)...we need more people here.

***** the weather...we got jobs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My sister just got back from her HS reunion. Sent me photos all weekend, had a great time! Had beautiful weather for a day out on a boat, hit all the great restaurants. We all get back periodically and always enjoy the trips. 

 

 

.

Edited by Augie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will be there next month. Staying downtown. I’m going to starve myself until I go so I can eat everything I see. Ohio just doesn’t have the same foods. 

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Will be there next month. Staying downtown. I’m going to starve myself until I go so I can eat everything I see. Ohio just doesn’t have the same foods. 

Don't forget...Taste of Buffalo is (13,14).

Enjoy and welcome back home..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2019 at 1:43 PM, row_33 said:

stuff all around Toronto for Buffalo tourism

 

 

Too bad it's not such a pain in the a*s to go to Canada.

 

We were there 2 weeks ago.  Crossed at Lewiston/Queenston.  Canada Customs had 2 lanes open, @10AM??  Looking in the mirror saw that the USA wait seemed as bad!

 

Came back 2-3 hours later.  Used the Rainbow Bridge.  No truck traffic.  US Customs had easily 8-10 inspection lanes open, piece of cake!  We intentionally stayed away from the Peace Bridge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most people just think Niagara Falls when they hear Buffalo but it’s a charming place otherwise 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2019 at 1:16 PM, ddaryl said:

Really enjoy seeing positive articles about Buffalo's revival. Coming back this weekend for a wedding at Hotel Henry. Always love gauging the progress of Buffalo every return trip

 


https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/tripideas/the-great-buffalo-revival/ar-AACxYOK?ocid=spartanntp

 

 

Really interested to get your take on the hotel. I have not stayed there yet, but have always wanted to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Will be there next month. Staying downtown. I’m going to starve myself until I go so I can eat everything I see. Ohio just doesn’t have the same foods. 

 

This is exactly what I do. 

Then I go nuts with Gene McCarthy's, Schwabls, Gabriel's Gate, and perhaps somewhere else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

 

This is exactly what I do. 

Then I go nuts with Gene McCarthy's, Schwabls, Gabriel's Gate, and perhaps somewhere else.

 Bucket list for the 5 days I’m there includes Thin Man Brewery (haven’t been there yet), Teds hot dogs, Charlie the butcher, Lanova pizza and wings on W. Ferry, brunch at

Toutant, Paula’s Donuts and Bar Bill. I’ll be rolling myself back to Ohio but YOLO amirite. Plenty of time to work out when I return.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

 Bucket list for the 5 days I’m there includes Thin Man Brewery (haven’t been there yet), Teds hot dogs, Charlie the butcher, Lanova pizza and wings on W. Ferry, brunch at

Toutant, Paula’s Donuts and Bar Bill. I’ll be rolling myself back to Ohio but YOLO amirite. Plenty of time to work out when I return.

Charlie the Butcher over Schwabl's or Wiechecs????

C'mon now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Charlie the Butcher over Schwabl's or Wiechecs????

C'mon now.

My fave! Maybe I’ll do all 3 tho 

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

My fave! Maybe I’ll do all 3 tho 

Right on...hey, the old pols at Wiechecs still don't take credit cards..just a "heads up"...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Charlie the Butcher over Schwabl's or Wiechecs????

C'mon now.

 Yeah, I'm likewise disappointed also.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Right on...hey, the old pols at Wiechecs still don't take credit cards..just a "heads up"...

Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are staying near the mall, I was thinking wings wings wings, Dave and Busters, escape room, more wings. Am I missing anything? Someone wants to go the zoo, is that open in late September? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CommonCents said:

We are staying near the mall, I was thinking wings wings wings, Dave and Busters, escape room, more wings. Am I missing anything? Someone wants to go the zoo, is that open in late September? 

The Buffalo zoo is awesome and should be open in late September

 

If you're near the mall you have 3-4 options for wings.... Duff's (dick road) Deniros Pizza (George urban), Johnnie's Pizza (union road) and Gandys pizza (Cleveland)

 

I would go Deniros , Duff's , Gandys then Johnnie's for wings

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2019 at 1:43 PM, row_33 said:

stuff all around Toronto for Buffalo tourism

 

 

Clearly you missed the “Toronto is a horrible city” thread.  If you fall down and get hurt there, they don’t ask you if you’re alright, they just point and laugh 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

 Bucket list for the 5 days I’m there includes Thin Man Brewery (haven’t been there yet), Teds hot dogs, Charlie the butcher, Lanova pizza and wings on W. Ferry, brunch at

Toutant, Paula’s Donuts and Bar Bill. I’ll be rolling myself back to Ohio but YOLO amirite. Plenty of time to work out when I return.

 

 

Schwabls easily beats Charlie the butcher 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

 

 

Schwabls easily beats Charlie the butcher 

I love it! My fave. Others also very good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2019 at 7:59 AM, plenzmd1 said:

Really interested to get your take on the hotel. I have not stayed there yet, but have always wanted to

Interesting place on the  inside. Walked the halls some but it was a cloudy day. Cooks told me the building just looks incredible on bright sunny days..

 

I did not stay overnight, but it had to be a unique experience.  

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

 

 

Schwabls easily beats Charlie the butcher 

 

I can’t say what’s better, but I went straight from the airport to Schwabl’s last year, and I felt at home! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2019 at 4:18 PM, Misterbluesky said:

Charlie the Butcher over Schwabl's or Wiechecs????

C'mon now.

Ordered two Beefs from charlie. Sucked. It will be along time if I ever eat his food again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always thought the best thing about Buffalo was not having to deal with crowds. It''s gotten a bit worse, but, it still ain't bad at the big events stuff here.

 

Try N.Y.C. Macy's Day Parade, their 4th of July fireworks or the subway to and from Yankee stadium for a Red Sox game. Done 'em all.

 

Wondering if you're going to be able to hold your pee long enough is more common there than here by a long shot.     

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...