Sign in to follow this  
HappyDays

The Draft Network: Josh Allen Review

23 minutes ago, Bills4Ever4Life said:

So my only issue from this article comes from this segment:

Seriously? Accuracy can't be fixed? So instead we should model an offense that has 0 short game?

You will NEVER win games by just slinging it down field over and over. He suggests bringing a "madden team" in. Which he means "throw the deep ball over and over". I suggest that Madden is the only football he watches because all of this is idiocy. 

Accuracy CAN be worked on.  Of course you want to build an offense around your QB's strengths but at the same time you need to continue to work on his weaknesses and turn them into strengths. Otherwise you end up with a one dimensional offense that anybody can defend against. 

Has anyone else seen articles about whether accuracy can be fixed or not? I mean.....do human beings get born with an accuracy gene that sets just how accurate they will be throwing the ball and there is just nothing to do to change that? 

Of course accuracy can be improved.  It's silly to suggest otherwise.

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Of course accuracy can be improved.  It's silly to suggest otherwise.

Well, then this article is just silly...but it seems that everyone has figured that out already

5 minutes ago, Bills4Ever4Life said:

Well, then this article is just silly...but it seems that everyone has figured that out already

Several folks on this board have done a throw by throw analysis of Allen and debunked the accuracy thing.

Allen has a ways to go, and I would concur with the author' thoughts on him having to make quicker decisions.  That is the case for young QBs in general, they have to get things to slow down enough to make proper reads, etc.

I really do love this kid.  I’d like to make a thread about him but that would be LAMP.  

Hes such a good kid.  Seems to be very innocent.  Oozing with potential.  Potential that, if reached, will yield us a HoF QB and possible SB champion.  Can reach that potential?  Can our coaching staff pull that out of him?  Bills fans deserve a “best case scenario”.  Please, football gods, grant us the best case scenario version of Josh Allen.  We surely deserve it