Buffalo Sabres and NHL: 2019/20: Sabres season officially over. Draft lottery June 26th

BillsFan4

8 minutes ago, bbb said:

Are you saying they looked like this in preseason?  Or they looked different in Game 1?  I didn't pay attention during preseason as it seemed it was always AHL players.  

Yea the team played the same way, Krueger had them all playing fast and pushing offensively even in preseason. Didn't know if it would carry over and game one showed so far so good.

21 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Yea the team played the same way, Krueger had them all playing fast and pushing offensively even in preseason. Didn't know if it would carry over and game one showed so far so good.

Excellent to hear!  Thanks! 

That power play was amazing! Even the year they finished 1st in PP rankings they didn’t look that good. 

The organization and relentless attack! Wow! 

I’m getting way too excited about the way this team is playing... lol 

Edited by BillsFan4

40 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

They look like a new team out there.  It's early but I see a Stanley Cup winner.

?

I'm thrilled with the start...who isn't?   But it's a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng season.  Botts has done a good job fixing broken things,  especially dumping Housely.   Ralph currently owns that room but coaching is easy when you're winning.   Let's see how they respond to real adversity. 

Side note: it is really nice to see the crowd jumping like it is tonight. 

Side note 2:  Rasmus Dahlin is amazing.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Up by 5 under a minute left... What does Krueger have them do... ATTACK!

Love it. Days of going Alamo mode seem to be over. Keep your foot on their neck ALL game.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

?

I'm thrilled with the start...who isn't?   But it's a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng season.  Botts has done a good job fixing broken things,  especially dumping Housely.   Ralph currently owns that room but coaching is easy when you're winning.   Let's see how they respond to real adversity. 

Yup to all. The new guys are playing terrific. Mojo is very good all around. I thought Jokiharju was awful in the preseason and he has been solid. Victor is going to score 30. Even the third line is working and fourth has been exactly as you want. The PP is filthy and Hutton is solid. Obviously only two games, but there is some talent here. Risto is even valuable. And Miller is a solid pairing with Dahlin who is just sick

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

?

I was joking about the Stanley Cup.  I wanted Housley gone before last season.  My criticism of Botts this offseason was not trimming the fat from last year's roster.  Scandella and Sobotka should be gone.

16 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I was joking about the Stanley Cup.  I wanted Housley gone before last season.  My criticism of Botts this offseason was not trimming the fat from last year's roster.  Scandella and Sobotka should be gone.

Takes two to make a trade, who would want them

1 minute ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Takes two to make a trade, who would want them

Both contracts could've been bought out saving around five million in cap space this season.  The dead money next year would only be around 2.5 million.  Addition by subtraction.