Sign in to follow this  
YoloinOhio

Jets fire GM Mike Maccagnan, name Adam Gase interim GM

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Who is the Patriot GM?  I thought is was Belichick

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

That's what I was thinking: who fires their GM right after the draft? Oh yeah, the Bills.

It makes sense in theory, as the season for GMs and scouts ends after the draft.  I do fee NYJ would have been wise (as would the Bills) to fire him when they moved on from Bowels

Let me be the first to say: I can't wait for the new GM's introductory PC!

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Who is the Patriot GM?  I thought is was Belichick

They don’t have one in GM “name” but it is Nick Caserio

• Like (+1) 2

This is absolutely phenomenal. That Mosley contract couldn't have helped...

This is great news for the season opener tickets!!

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

It makes sense in theory, as the season for GMs and scouts ends after the draft.  I do fee NYJ would have been wise (as would the Bills) to fire him when they moved on from Bowels

They also waited 3 weeks after the draft - the Bills fired Whaley the day after. It’s like the Jets didn’t know wtf they wanted to do. 

Gase had control over the 53 in Miami .... which was a disaster. So I guess the Jets woke up and decided they should pursue that level of disfunction. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

I don’t get this move.  MM has had 2 pretty good drafts and brought NYJ Jamel Adams.

And Mosely. 

12 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Is this all that different from what we did with Whaley?

Good point. I guess it feels like we are further past the draft now than when the Bills fired Whaley, but maybe not.

Right after the draft is a known window for GMs to be fired.

But it seemed like the Jets GM was actually making decent moves, and didnt publicly humiliate himself in a Press Conference in which he threw the owners under the bus.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Is this all that different from what we did with Whaley?

Only if their gm has no ties to gase. a new gm with a coach he didnt hire almost never works. Gase could have pulled a move ala mcd and has someone in mind though

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They also waited 3 weeks after the draft - the Bills fired Whaley the day after. It’s like the Jets didn’t know wtf they wanted to do.

Yeah, it definitely felt like different timing. I didnt think the Bills took this long.

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Good point. I guess it feels like we are further past the draft now than when the Bills fired Whaley, but maybe not.

Right after the draft is a known window for GMs to be fired.

But it seemed like the Jets GM was actually making decent moves, and didnt publicly humiliate himself in a Press Conference in which he threw the owners under the bus.

It’s about 3 weeks later than the Bills fired Whaley. In both cases, I maintain that the teams should have fired the GM at the same time as the HC. But the scenarios are a little different in that they clearly didn’t want Whaley to pick the QB, he knew he was out prior to the 2017 draft, he was fired the morning after the draft ended, and the Bills did a “search” but had another GM waiting in the wings. In the Jets case Mccagnon drafted their QB and while they may hire a GM, it doesn’t appear they have one in line if they bothered making Gase “acting GM”. The length of time between the draft and the firing makes it appear this was a decision made without a process. 

• Like (+1) 3

Its 2019.   None of have any idea what the exact motive to fire him is.  For all we know this is more akin to the Russ Brandon termination than letting go of Whaley. 

Personally I would like to think it is because the Jets realize it was a bonehead move to draft Sam Darnold instead of the obviously superior Josh Allen, last year. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

When the coach doesnt want you to  draft a 3-tech DT and you still go ahead and do it ....

When you did the same thing with drafting DT Leonard Williams a few years ago and then put him at EDGE all but ruining his productivity ...

When you overpaid to draft Darnold basically handing the Colts continued run at the post-season in the AFC in the coming years .....

The Barr fiasco ......

When you guarantee  25 Million to a RB against an Offense oriented coach's express wishes...

When you guarantee  51 Million to a LB also against the recently hired  coach's express wishes...

Edited by IgotBILLStopay
  • Like (+1) 4

Next year  I will own the team...

Image result for gase jets gif
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 5

I think Darnold will be a good QB but ultimately I think the Jets will be Buffalo's footstool because of gross mismanagement. 

It is funny to watch other teams implode while the Bills at least give the appearance of being well run.

• Like (+1) 2

LOLOLOLOLOL DA JESTS LOLOLOLOL

The Jets problem has been that the Coach and the GM each report to the Owner.  Because of this there is a vast potential for back-biting.  They need to have the coach report to the GM.  I think Gates is a pretty good coach but has done nothing to merit being a GM.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Sign in to follow this