Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
HOUSE

The Buffalo Bills added a ton of “Process” in the 2019 NFL Draft

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
Image result for ed oliver

The Bills drafted a certain type, and that type is called “Process”

By Skarekrow May 12, 2019, 11:00am EDT
 
 

A lot has been said about Sean McDermott and Brandon Beane’s attempts to establish a winning culture for the Buffalo Bills. Players such as Trent Murphy relating stories about wrestling cattle and discussing “blue-collar mentality” suggest they’re looking for players who want to outwork the competition. Put another way, they seem to be looking for players that lead by example through their relentless pursuit of “better.” Did the Bills stay true to this model during the 2019 NFL Draft? We’ll take a quick look at six of the eight draftees to confirm that: “Yes, of course they stuck with this model.”


Ed Oliver made waves when he was named to the first-string defense after just three days in college. Feeling “disrespected” having to work with the second string, Oliver related during an interview “I broke through the line. I tried to smash (running back) Mulbah Car,” Oliver said. “I made him fumble and everything. I tried to end his life. I was like, ‘Man, ya’ll going to get me away from these 2s.’ I tried everything to get with the 1s.” After a debut game where he tallied two sacks, Oliver came away angry and disappointed that he wasn’t dominant enough.

Oliver was a semifinalist for the Lott IMPACT trophy, which celebrates the best defender in terms of character and performance. He can also relate to Trent Murphy wrestling with steer calves. Oliver’s father credits his ability to change direction during a play to growing up riding Oreo, their horse known for being stubborn and rearing when he pleased.

Cody Ford has a similar makeup. Breaking his leg in just his third game with Oklahoma, Ford expressed disappointment at being unable to show the world how well he played. The injury was more about lost opportunity. While creating a nice resume on the field, Ford took extra classes to complete a criminal justice degree with a minor in African-American studies in just 3.5 years.

What sort of person is Devin Singletary? Just take a look at his statement to confirm he was declaring for the 2019 NFL Draft. Singletary runs through a long list of parties he is grateful to for helping shape who he has become. An emphasis on loyalty and personal growth is prevalent in his words.

A walk on at Ole Miss, Dawson Knox made his way up through outworking everyone else. Battling several four-star recruits, Knox came out on top of the tight end depth chart. Knox credits his lack of scholarship (initially) and tough competition for giving him the edge he needed to succeed.

When asked about Vosean Joseph, former teammate Jeremiah Moon characterized Joseph as a headhunter. “[He’s] always trying to hit somebody hard,” Moon said. “He’s just made to hit.” Joseph has all too often faced tragedy in his life. With several friends killed, Joseph cites the chaos and violence of his Miami hometown as motivation to be the best he can be to avoid a violent end.

 

 
 
 
 

 

 

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...good find HOUSE......thanks for sharing.....:thumbsup:

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

"I tried to end his life"

 

Yep, great "process" guy with great character. He should play with Kellen Winslow Jr., who is a soldier.

Edited by from_dunkirk
  • Confused 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

‘Man, ya’ll going to get me away from these 2s ....lol

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, HOUSE said:
Image result for ed oliver

The Bills drafted a certain type, and that type is called “Process”

By Skarekrow May 12, 2019, 11:00am EDT
 
 

A lot has been said about Sean McDermott and Brandon Beane’s attempts to establish a winning culture for the Buffalo Bills. Players such as Trent Murphy relating stories about wrestling cattle and discussing “blue-collar mentality” suggest they’re looking for players who want to outwork the competition. Put another way, they seem to be looking for players that lead by example through their relentless pursuit of “better.” Did the Bills stay true to this model during the 2019 NFL Draft? We’ll take a quick look at six of the eight draftees to confirm that: “Yes, of course they stuck with this model.”


Ed Oliver made waves when he was named to the first-string defense after just three days in college. Feeling “disrespected” having to work with the second string, Oliver related during an interview “I broke through the line. I tried to smash (running back) Mulbah Car,” Oliver said. “I made him fumble and everything. I tried to end his life. I was like, ‘Man, ya’ll going to get me away from these 2s.’ I tried everything to get with the 1s.” After a debut game where he tallied two sacks, Oliver came away angry and disappointed that he wasn’t dominant enough.

Oliver was a semifinalist for the Lott IMPACT trophy, which celebrates the best defender in terms of character and performance. He can also relate to Trent Murphy wrestling with steer calves. Oliver’s father credits his ability to change direction during a play to growing up riding Oreo, their horse known for being stubborn and rearing when he pleased.

Cody Ford has a similar makeup. Breaking his leg in just his third game with Oklahoma, Ford expressed disappointment at being unable to show the world how well he played. The injury was more about lost opportunity. While creating a nice resume on the field, Ford took extra classes to complete a criminal justice degree with a minor in African-American studies in just 3.5 years.

What sort of person is Devin Singletary? Just take a look at his statement to confirm he was declaring for the 2019 NFL Draft. Singletary runs through a long list of parties he is grateful to for helping shape who he has become. An emphasis on loyalty and personal growth is prevalent in his words.

A walk on at Ole Miss, Dawson Knox made his way up through outworking everyone else. Battling several four-star recruits, Knox came out on top of the tight end depth chart. Knox credits his lack of scholarship (initially) and tough competition for giving him the edge he needed to succeed.

When asked about Vosean Joseph, former teammate Jeremiah Moon characterized Joseph as a headhunter. “[He’s] always trying to hit somebody hard,” Moon said. “He’s just made to hit.” Joseph has all too often faced tragedy in his life. With several friends killed, Joseph cites the chaos and violence of his Miami hometown as motivation to be the best he can be to avoid a violent end.

 

 
 
 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Probably not best to post the entire article, which is a violation of the TOS.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't post the entire thread but thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So....all the rookies just wanted to hit someone, except Knox, who wanted to hit the perfect home perm...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, from_dunkirk said:

"I tried to end his life"

 

Yep, great "process" guy with great character.

I know right !
just an awesome comment.

 Love the Kid.
The Joseph Kid scares me a bit. Hope he can balance his yin with yang on the field as a Pro

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, from_dunkirk said:

Probably not best to post the entire article, which is a violation of the TOS.

he left out a paragraph, so technically he did not post the whole article.

 

 

 

thanks for posting HOUSE...trust the process!!

 

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

1012872453-bills11-HICK13-1260x800.jpg

Why undrafted Bills receiver David Sills might be 'steal' of draft weekend

 

“He’s awesome. He’s a great receiver,” Jackson said after Friday’s practice. “He was flying around and doing a very good job.”

 

Given his past, Sills knows what Jackson is looking for in a receiver. That quarterback knowledge was a big selling point for the Bills.

 

“We talk about valuing smarts and intelligent football players and having that quarterback background is an important piece of that,” coach Sean McDermott said. “It doesn’t necessarily always mean that a player is football smart, but that quarterback piece in one’s background is somewhat unique. …

 

He’s got a little bit of a feel in the passing game, partly because of his quarterback background.

 

“I think his story has been well-documented out there. It’s a pretty unique story and I love the fact that he seems to kind of approach his college career and every day moving forward, with a little bit of a chip on his shoulder.”

.

Free agents may avoid signing with the Buffalo Bills due to thoughts about the city. One player decided to clear up the misconceptions about Buffalo.

Buffalo Bills: Lorenzo Alexander’s take on the great city of Buffalo

 

Buffalo Bills fans are used to hearing ridiculous things about the city from outsiders.

 

This is nothing new. The problem is that too much nonsense could lead to top NFL players avoiding the team in free agency. Money still talks, but isn’t enough for some players.

 

 

The main concern for players is probably the fact the Bills haven’t been winning much in the past two decades. Changing that culture would be the first step to attracting top talent.

 

That is what is going on in Cleveland where one good year has players wanting to be the ones to turn things around. Star players could come to Buffalo with the goal of leading the team to a Super Bowl victory and becoming legends.

 

trust the process...

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good info.  Clearly, the process includes gathering physical talent that isn't going to get pushed around in a street fight.  I remember seeing Aaron Williams on the ground after a cheap hit by Jarvis Landry and wondering why a team mate wasn't in the process of kicking the sh__ out of Landry.  I have a feeling that this version of the Bills won't a be bunch of pansies that will be physically intimidated by anyone. This change has been too long in coming.

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Football's a physical sport. Tough athletes will come out on top if they play together as a team. I like where McD is pointing the bus. Now players need to step up and compete! I like our chances...

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HOUSE said:

‘Man, ya’ll going to get me away from these 2s ....lol

Excellent. I have good feeling about this rookie class...better than I have in awhile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All this is good if they are talented enough to win in the NFL.  The margin between winning and losing in the NFL is RAZOR THIN.  The extra effort on the field is required to win in the NFL

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, from_dunkirk said:

"I tried to end his life"

 

Yep, great "process" guy with great character. He should play with Kellen Winslow Jr., who is a soldier.

Lighten up francis

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, from_dunkirk said:

"I tried to end his life"

 

Yep, great "process" guy with great character. He should play with Kellen Winslow Jr., who is a soldier.

 

Don ??

 

 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

1012872453-bills11-HICK13-1260x800.jpg

Why undrafted Bills receiver David Sills might be 'steal' of draft weekend

 

“He’s awesome. He’s a great receiver,” Jackson said after Friday’s practice. “He was flying around and doing a very good job.”

 

Given his past, Sills knows what Jackson is looking for in a receiver. That quarterback knowledge was a big selling point for the Bills.

 

“We talk about valuing smarts and intelligent football players and having that quarterback background is an important piece of that,” coach Sean McDermott said. “It doesn’t necessarily always mean that a player is football smart, but that quarterback piece in one’s background is somewhat unique. …

 

He’s got a little bit of a feel in the passing game, partly because of his quarterback background.

 

“I think his story has been well-documented out there. It’s a pretty unique story and I love the fact that he seems to kind of approach his college career and every day moving forward, with a little bit of a chip on his shoulder.”

.

Free agents may avoid signing with the Buffalo Bills due to thoughts about the city. One player decided to clear up the misconceptions about Buffalo.

Buffalo Bills: Lorenzo Alexander’s take on the great city of Buffalo

 

Buffalo Bills fans are used to hearing ridiculous things about the city from outsiders.

 

This is nothing new. The problem is that too much nonsense could lead to top NFL players avoiding the team in free agency. Money still talks, but isn’t enough for some players.

 

 

The main concern for players is probably the fact the Bills haven’t been winning much in the past two decades. Changing that culture would be the first step to attracting top talent.

 

That is what is going on in Cleveland where one good year has players wanting to be the ones to turn things around. Star players could come to Buffalo with the goal of leading the team to a Super Bowl victory and becoming legends.

 

trust the process...

 

Buffalo has a chip on its shoulder, the kids should fit right in, secret is keeping it there till the end.

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, from_dunkirk said:

"I tried to end his life"

 

Yep, great "process" guy with great character. He should play with Kellen Winslow Jr., who is a soldier.

Maybe he's a "due" process guy lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ganesh said:

All this is good if they are talented enough to win in the NFL.  The margin between winning and losing in the NFL is RAZOR THIN.  The extra effort on the field is required to win in the NFL

 

Exactly this.   Hard work and good attitude doesn't mean much if players don't have the necessary talent.  My biggest gripe about McDermott is that he seems much too willing to forego talent if a player has the right attitude, as exemplified by his insistence on keeping Peterman on the roster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ganesh said:

All this is good if they are talented enough to win in the NFL.  The margin between winning and losing in the NFL is RAZOR THIN.  The extra effort on the field is required to win in the NFL

 

Sometimes the extra effort is off the field - getting enough rest before a big game and not partying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...