Your greatest golf shot ever?

eball

Mine came yesterday.  Playing the 480-yard Par 5 18th at a local course I hit a nice drive down the right side of the fairway that left me about 210 yards from the flag.  You could only see the top half of the flagstick because of the elevation change on the hole, but I hit my 2-hybrid and it looked pretty good.

As our foursome drove up to the green we only saw three balls...figured mine must have gone over.  One of my companions said "check the hole" and I scoffed.  Then came the most amazing feeling I've ever had on a golf course, as I walked up and peeked into the hole to see my ball.  A double eagle 2!  The rarest of birds.

Sorry for the LAMP but I'm still giddy.  The odds of making a double eagle are roughly 1M-to-one, compared with the roughly 13,000-to-one odds of making a hole-in-one.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Hole in one.  Hole #3, the "Diamond Course" here:

http://losttreasuregolf.com/miniature-golf-courses/kill-devil-hills-mini-golf-course/

It was such an amazing shot... I stunned the group I was with... The three & eight year old went wild!  I rounded #9 and never looked back.  Cruised to victory unlike the OBX has nevet seen before!

Kill Devil Hills, NC... A matter of fact it was this past Sunday.  Cinco de Mayo, 2019.

kill-devil-hills-mini-golf-course.jpg

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

Wow...that's pretty sweet.   Congrats.

My greatest golf shot will be my next one --- if that ever happens again!

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Had a shot of Macallan Rare Cask at the 19th hole at TPC Avenel back in the day. Best golf shot ever!

I have an unopened bottle in my liquor cabinet.  I'm sure it's wonderful.

You guys are better than me.  My best shot was probably 9 inches away from the hole on a par 3 (~130 yards). 

I did witness one great shot from a friend.  Hit his shot about 100 yards away from the green, hit the branch of a tree right near the green, landed the ball in the cup.

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

Wow...that's pretty sweet.   Congrats.

My greatest golf shot will be my next one --- if that ever happens again!

I have an unopened bottle in my liquor cabinet.  I'm sure it's wonderful.

Thanks KD!  I assume this was for me.  It was pretty amazing.  I had about 50 bucks worth of all you can eat crab legs in my belly from the seafood joint across the street.  I was keeping score and since I am an old-timer... Going last.  Thunderstorms were approaching... I don't know how I pulled it off under those fire drill conditions... The gallery went wild.

I am still in awe.  

LoL... Sorry, OP... I AM just effing around.  Sorry to steal your thunder.  

1 minute ago, Seasons1992 said:

Image result for albatross monty python gif

Wait a sec.  We can post like this?  Without having to type: N/M or BELINDA or something???

Greatest result? On a par 3 I skulled an 8 iron, sending the ball screaming off the tee. It never got higher than my knees! It was only when we got to the green that I realized it stopped about 2 inches from the hole. It would have been the ugliest hole in one EVER! 

Another time I hooked the ball badly. Shocking! Only because I usually slice. Anyway, the unusual part was that one ball bounced off of three different houses.....roof, roof, exterior wall. Is that a record? They were patio houses, but still. 

Yeah, I’m not very good.....so I fit in with the average golfer. 

3 minutes ago, seregil42 said:

You guys are better than me.  My best shot was probably 9 inches away from the hole on a par 3 (~130 yards). 

I did witness one great shot from a friend.  Hit his shot about 100 yards away from the green, hit the branch of a tree right near the green, landed the ball in the cup.

This posted reminded me of my greatest shot.  We were playing Richter Park in Danbury, CT the day after Thanksgiving.  It was cold -- we had to wait for the frost to melt before they let us start.   Got to the tee on an all over water par-3.  I topped my iron such that it shot straight out from the tee, skidded all the way across the pond on the very thin layer of ice that had formed, hit the bank on the other side and popped up and onto the green.   Two putt for par!

29 minutes ago, eball said:

Mine came yesterday.  Playing the 480-yard Par 5 18th at a local course I hit a nice drive down the right side of the fairway that left me about 210 yards from the flag.  You could only see the top half of the flagstick because of the elevation change on the hole, but I hit my 2-hybrid and it looked pretty good.

As our foursome drove up to the green we only saw three balls...figured mine must have gone over.  One of my companions said "check the hole" and I scoffed.  Then came the most amazing feeling I've ever had on a golf course, as I walked up and peeked into the hole to see my ball.  A double eagle 2!  The rarest of birds.

Sorry for the LAMP but I'm still giddy.  The odds of making a double eagle are roughly 1M-to-one, compared with the roughly 13,000-to-one odds of making a hole-in-one.

That's awesome!!! I have never even made an eagle, let alone a double! And never had a hole in one either!

My best shot ever was prolly in a scramble in a fairly good size group of guys on a golf trip where first paid winners about $350 per head.  One of the different rules was each team member had the ability to tee from the ladies on 1 hole. 

I saved mine for the par 5 18th, from men's tee no way to carry water, but from women's tee became a 250 or so carry..and man I nailed thing so pure I cleared by a good 20 yards , and that sucker must have rolled out another 40 yds or so...which is just a pure monster drive for me! We eagled from there( used my 2nd shot too, but i missed the putt), won the trny!!!! Certainly helped we had one  in the middle short of the water!!!!

18 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Had a shot of Macallan Rare Cask at the 19th hole at TPC Avenel back in the day. Best golf shot ever!

I played there once WAY back in da day..like 95 or so. Fun course!

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

One time, from the Tee box, my drive went straight and actually landed on the fairway... So. I guess you could say I'm kind of a big deal. 

did you swear by instinct on your follow through?

Just now, row_33 said:

did you swear by instinct on your follow through?

Yep. I then spent 40 minutes looking in the long grass cause I was certain it was there. Imagine my shock when it was in the middle of the fairway. 

I planted it squarely in the pond on my approach just to balance out the universe. 

• Haha (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Yep. I then spent 40 minutes looking in the long grass cause I was certain it was there. Imagine my shock when it was in the middle of the fairway. 

I planted it squarely in the pond on my approach just to balance out the universe. 

playing at a course that the PGA often uses, was stuck in a group for a bank tournament with two golfers who couldn't hit the ball 20 yards off a tee using an iron.

every shot they'd go through the motions all over again and mutter to themselves

the only revenge was returning and sandbagging to win some sweet merchandise from the clubhouse, you do that once in life...

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

playing at a course that the PGA often uses, was stuck in a group for a bank tournament with two golfers who couldn't hit the ball 20 yards off a tee using an iron.

every shot they'd go through the motions all over again and mutter to themselves

the only revenge was returning and sandbagging to win some sweet merchandise from the clubhouse, you do that once in life...

Yeah, I love playing the game, but I don't have the fortitude to play alone and I don't like subjecting others to my "style" of play. :P 

13 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Yeah, I love playing the game, but I don't have the fortitude to play alone and I don't like subjecting others to my "style" of play. :P 

i have bad allergies and one day got overloaded with stomach issues from it, had to run into the forest about halfway for the expulsion

• Haha (+1) 1

A funny shot, not necessarily great for me. I had my drive just off the fairway to the right, hole was back to the left and I had so branches in the way so I tried playing a punch shot just to get it down the fairway some.  My partner had taken the cart up to his ball which was further ahead on the same side. I hit my punch shot but it came out heading right at the cart! The ball landed inside my golf bag back in the pocket where the other balls were as I did not zip my pocket shut lol 

I tried claiming that I should be allowed to drive the cart up to the green and drop it where I want

Edited by Bray Wyatt

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I don’t play anymore but people need to understand settings and their game.  If you are a bad player playing a serious course with good golfers around you (in your own foursome or especially following you) then you should man up and let your guys know that you are there to be with them and to not try to prove that somehow you are going to be some a PGA pro for the day.  While I was never as bad as 20 yards off the tee kind of player I would pick up bad shots and play a reasonable drop to keep up with my group.  This also kept us from holding up players behind us.