Today I learned...Part 3

11 hours ago, /dev/null said:

In the future, people will access New York’s subway like they’re queuing for a roller coaster at Disney World. The process will require users to have an internet connected device that gets you through the gates, whether that’s a phone or a smartwatch. If we’re lucky we get a new MetroCard option. But it’s no guarantee.

The practical and technological needs that created New York’s subway system impacts nearly everyone that lives in the city. As New Yorkers switch to new ways to pay, those who can pay will. Those who can’t are left at home.

Sounds like they are using same consultant that NFL used to eliminate some people from attending football games. 

TIL the small company (less than 12 employees) I work for, will have our company logo on the back trunk of the #20 car for the NASCAR race in New Hampshire on July 21st. 

Ive seen the mock up drawing, it’s pretty prominent. Not some little 6” sticker like some companies have. 

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Sonia Henie kept a picture of her and Hitler on her piano, she was no fan but this gesture let her keep her mansion during occupation of her country.

On 6/17/2019 at 5:18 AM, /dev/null said:

You should see the mechanics on the waterways... Some, few have modern PLC's... Not many.  We are still running fluid power tech from the WWII era... Same with the electrical circuits.  Some stuff was so obsolete... Forced to at least push things to 1980s tech... Like our valves, gauges... LoL... Still kicking, but harder and harder to find parts.  We just cracked into fresh selsyns for the dam... They were packed, stamped on canister: 1958!

I need to get more potassium in my diet.  I was training yesterday and all of a sudden my left calf cramped....then my entire leg below my knee locked up.  I literally couldn't move my foot, wiggle my toes or anything...it was just stuck.  Then my right foot starting cramping and my hands started getting really fatigued...no grip strength at all.

I had plenty of water but it was just pouring out of me.  I couldn't retain water at all.  Just in warms up, it looked like I just jumped in a pool.

11 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I need to get more potassium in my diet.  I was training yesterday and all of a sudden my left calf cramped....then my entire leg below my knee locked up.  I literally couldn't move my foot, wiggle my toes or anything...it was just stuck.  Then my right foot starting cramping and my hands started getting really fatigued...no grip strength at all.

I had plenty of water but it was just pouring out of me.  I couldn't retain water at all.  Just in warms up, it looked like I just jumped in a pool.

Were you exercising in hot weather? Sounds like an electrolyte deficiency. It could be potassium but may also be calcium, magnesium, sodium, etc. A general electrolyte drink may help.

2 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

Were you exercising in hot weather? Sounds like an electrolyte deficiency. It could be potassium but may also be calcium, magnesium, sodium, etc. A general electrolyte drink may help.

It was pretty warm in there....a lot of condensation because a lot of us were sweating.  Our windows looked like the car scene in Titanic from the outside.

Image result for titanic car gif

I started feeling a little better after drinking a coconut water and Gatorade.  I think I may need to incorporate more coconut water in general.  I don't eat a lot of fruits so I'm probably a little low in minerals.  Would a daily vitamin like Centrum help?