Today I learned...Part 3

he certainly was a wrecking ball, one of the most feared up till he met his "Clubber Lang".

Maybe he peaked too early, immature in the sport, thriving on talent alone with little discipline.

amazing how once the confidence is shattered, talent alone isn't enough to overcome and allow the athlete to get back on the horse; we've seen it in many examples but this one stands out IMO. 

On 7/10/2019 at 2:32 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

I literally have 2 dozen Pedialyte Popsicles in my freezer for my son.....this thread just reminded me about those.

I am really getting into the glaceau zero cal vitamin water..the Orange tastes like tic tacs,my favorite..also enjoy the lemonade.

Damn near every night I was waking up with spasms in my left foot...it has helped relieve that issue...my back..not so much.

I try to drink as much water as possible...almost to the point of vomiting..we all have different chemical make ups..or we might have kidney problems?

40 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I try to drink as much water as possible...almost to the point of vomiting...

Many years ago I enjoyed distance running as a hobby.  The rule of thumb was urine that is virtually clear indicates proper hydration.  I do not know if that also took into account electrolytes present.  The sports drink Gookinaid (now marketed as Vitalyte) was a factor in keeping my electrolytes balanced.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Many years ago I enjoyed distance running as a hobby.  The rule of thumb was urine that is virtually clear indicates proper hydration.  I do not know if that also took into account electrolytes present.  The sports drink Gookinaid (now marketed as Vitalyte) was a factor in keeping my electrolytes balanced.

So..you think the sports drinks are the same as vitamin water? I thought the sports drinks were high in sodium..I don't want that.

I need to start reading labels...

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

So..you think the sports drinks are the same as vitamin water? I thought the sports drinks were high in sodium..I don't want that.

I need to start reading labels...

I have no knowledge to form an opinion regarding vitamin water.  I do know when using a sports drink, I preferred Gookinaid.  If I had to use Gatorade, I mixed it from powder form at 50% recommended strength.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Well there is some differences - oxygen level.  I suppose you have a better chance at redirecting your fall from 20,000 feet although there is some luck involved. Remember a story of a pilot whose parachute failed but able to find updraft to slow him down and he redirected landing into farm rather than hitting rocky area.  Not remember if he hit mud or haystack but farmer took him to hospital in back of truck trying not to move him too much.

• Like (+1) 1