Today I learned...Part 3

On 5/24/2019 at 1:10 AM, ExiledInIllinois said:

How are non-toll roads funded?  Fuel taxes?

Anyway... Same with the Illinois Tollway.  The way I believe their Tollway Authority Constitution is written is as long as they are laying concrete some where else, they can continue to collect on roads paid off. Hence the building of I-355.  

It could be that justification for tolls is that they are typically on I's.  Heavy commercial traffic and out of area travelers.  Taxing the locals or even statewide would not be a "fair" assessment based on use.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Japanese prisons are notably tough.

One tough guy in an interview said he spent a month in one and he'd rather do a long stretch at San Quentin before returning to that Japanese prison

I wonder if they were hard on Macca for his pot bust in 1981?

Ha! I was inspecting my tomatoes plants just a little while ago and they have a bunch o little white aphids. I looked closer and saw a bug exactly like that photo. I almost flicked it away but then i thought maybe it would feed on the aphids so I left it alone.

After seeing your post just now I ran out and looked again and surecenough that little booger was still there, and this time munching away on an aphid! 

Cool!

Edited by BUFFALOKIE

On 5/29/2019 at 11:19 AM, Canadian Bills Fan said:

They were also one of the few prisons to offer warm showers. This was meant to keep inmates from acclimating to the cold water in the event they were to escape and swim the Bay 

On 5/8/2019 at 7:48 AM, ShadyBillsFan said:

There are so many crazy rockers that say they never used drugs in the 70's ...   I still don't believe them. 

Ted Nugent said he never used drugs. 

On 5/28/2019 at 8:48 AM, Canadian Bills Fan said:

So, in your next life would you rather be the Tarantula, the frog or the insect. 

I don’t personally care for any, but I hope Tom Brady is one of them.         ?

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I knew the dentist was a sham. I'm still going to go though. But strictly for the lollipops. 

You might want to look for a new dentist. Just sayin’.......