Today I learned...Part 3

32 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It was pretty warm in there....a lot of condensation because a lot of us were sweating.  Our windows looked like the car scene in Titanic from the outside.

Image result for titanic car gif

I started feeling a little better after drinking a coconut water and Gatorade.  I think I may need to incorporate more coconut water in general.  I don't eat a lot of fruits so I'm probably a little low in minerals.  Would a daily vitamin like Centrum help?

don't imbibe drinks with 40g or multiples of that in sugar

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

..,Would a daily vitamin like Centrum help?

Perhaps. Gatorade & similar are good for general electrolyte/mineral maintenance. Centrum also contains trace minerals and vitamins that are not present in electrolyte solutions. A good diet is typically adequate for the latter. 

Btw - a good electrolyte solution can be made from lemon juice, lime juice, and sugar free coconut water.

45 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I need to get more potassium in my diet.  I was training yesterday and all of a sudden my left calf cramped....then my entire leg below my knee locked up.  I literally couldn't move my foot, wiggle my toes or anything...it was just stuck.  Then my right foot starting cramping and my hands started getting really fatigued...no grip strength at all.

I had plenty of water but it was just pouring out of me.  I couldn't retain water at all.  Just in warms up, it looked like I just jumped in a pool.

Eat a couple bananas and drink Pedialyte & water...50/50.

50 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

Perhaps. Gatorade & similar are good for general electrolyte/mineral maintenance. Centrum also contains trace minerals and vitamins that are not present in electrolyte solutions. A good diet is typically adequate for the latter. 

Btw - a good electrolyte solution can be made from lemon juice, lime juice, and sugar free coconut water.

I called my Doctors office because I feel like I've been hit by a truck.  I feel like I have really bad shin splints and my forearms are burning out just typing at work.

The nurse I spoke with told me to take 250 mg's of magnesium a day, eat a banana and drink a Gatorade after a workout.  

I failed to mention earlier that I've been cutting weight too.  I have a tournament I'm competing in August 3rd and need to lose about 15 more lbs.

With me cutting weight, I don't take in much sodium....

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I called my Doctors office because I feel like I've been hit by a truck.  I feel like I have really bad shin splints and my forearms are burning out just typing at work.

The nurse I spoke with told me to take 250 mg's of magnesium a day, eat a banana and drink a Gatorade after a workout.  

I failed to mention earlier that I've been cutting weight too.  I have a tournament I'm competing in August 3rd and need to lose about 15 more lbs.

With me cutting weight, I don't take in much sodium....

Take a multivitamin and hydrate bro.  You shall survive.

I drink a big cup of 50/50 water-Pedialyte every morning and evening during the summer.  Especially on days where I’m out and about in the heat.

2 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I drink a big cup of 50/50 water-Pedialyte every morning and evening during the summer.  Especially on days where I’m out and about in the heat.

Trust me....I hydrate.  I just can't retain the water.

It's not even 1:00 pm and I've already drank about 80 oz of water.  I pretty much do this daily.  

17 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

My son used to do Pedialyte during HS football two a days and said it made a huge difference in SW Florida. 

On 7/10/2019 at 11:17 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

It was pretty warm in there....a lot of condensation because a lot of us were sweating.  Our windows looked like the car scene in Titanic from the outside.

Image result for titanic car gif

I started feeling a little better after drinking a coconut water and Gatorade.  I think I may need to incorporate more coconut water in general.  I don't eat a lot of fruits so I'm probably a little low in minerals.  Would a daily vitamin like Centrum help?

This is the today I learned thread, not the today I have 10,000 questions, can you help me thread.

• Haha (+1) 1