Albright had Bills taking DL,OL & WR early in the draft before it started

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Suuuuuuuure it did..... 

DL, OL and WR accounts for 12 out of 22 starters essentially and coincidentally the strong suits of this draft largely. Is it shocking that need and value lined up?

10 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Does BPA still apply if you trade up or down?

ive always been curious of this philosophy, and what it really means that in the draft room. 

Meh, it wasn't much of a trade up.  Worst case could have gotten Risner if they didn't drop a late rounder to secure Ford.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Does BPA still apply if you trade up or down?

ive always been curious of this philosophy, and what it really means that in the draft room. 

That would be part of ensuring the BPA is a need.

15 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Meh, it wasn't much of a trade up.  Worst case could have gotten Risner if they didn't drop a late rounder to secure Ford.

I guess the variable then becomes “available”. 

So does drafting for need. This particular trade for Ford, goes against that cliche as well. 

I like that Beane gets the players he covets. He puts himself in the right position, and gets better. 

I dont know what to call that, other than refreshing... maybe hopeful. 

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

That would be part of ensuring the BPA is a need.

This is sort of my point i guess. 

Beane has has proven to use whatever means necessary, to ensure he gets the players he wants. 

With Oliver he could have gambled away some draft capital, but he didn’t. He was smart and surveyed the field. He knew he wanted Oliver, but he knew once the Jets took Williams, no one else was as high on Oliver. Someone could have jumped him, but he was cool. 

When it was time to spend, he spent on Ford to make sure no one else did.

BPA, draft for need, trade back and acquire more capital, he does it. Nothing short of getting it done will do.