Miami: Acquires QB Josh Rosen

11 minutes ago, WideRightRevenge said:

Steve Smith summed it up on this guy ... can't wait for Ed O, Lorax, Edmunds, and Hughes to pound him 2 times a year

McD is going to frustrate the **** outta Rosen. Force him into turnovers . I'll give him another 5 years max in the NFL. On team 2 already , Dolphins might pick a QB with the first Pick next year!

• Like (+1) 1

Is it really about his "politics"? I think I'm on the same nebulous side as his politics and I'm pretty sure that the real argument against this guy is that he's an entitled little ***** that hasn't actually done anything yet. He didn't even handle this like a professional. Who is this dude?

Holy hell did we ever draft the right Josh. Welcome to the division, little Josh.

Edited by Nelius

56 minutes ago, Buffalo86 said:

If you believe in veteran QBs mentoring younger players, Fitz would seem to be about as good as it gets.  If Rosen isn't a complete knucklehead, he could learn a lot.  Hopefully not, though.

Fitzpatrick's mentoring comes with a gaurenteed injury to the starter, so there's that to consider.

• SDS changed the title to Miami:

Here is the thing for me on Rosen and it’s the very thing I was down on him in the first place.

It’s not what he did on the field Sundays, it’s what he does off the field, in the locker room, in camp, in practice, etc etc.  He had a whole year to show the Cardinals he loves football, he will put the work in, he is coachable, he can be a real leader, he can motivate and elevate the people around him, etc.  These things have nothing to do with the talent around him and 100% are in Josh's control.

He has never scored well in those intangibles.  Does he have a talented arm, yes.  Does he have the potential to be able to read defenses, yes.  

BUT after spending a lot to get Rosen in both draft assets and $$$, he didn’t win over this organization in those key areas.  

Thats is the difference between Allen and Rosen.  Similar stats, but Allen took command of this team.  He sold his coaches and teammates he has everything needed to be a franchise QB with better talent around him.  

Rosen fell flat there as he always has and now will have ONE season to try again to now sell the Dolphins on those things or he will see them also draft a first round QB next year.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Here is the thing for me on Rosen and it’s the very thing I was down on him in the first place.

It’s not what he did on the field Sundays, it’s what he does off the field, in the locker room, in camp, in practice, etc etc.  He had a whole year to show the Cardinals he loves football, he will put the work in, he is coachable, he can be a real leader, he can motivate and elevate the people around him, etc.  These things have nothing to do with the talent around him and 100% are in Josh's control.

He has never scored well in those intangibles.  Does he have a talented arm, yes.  Does he have the potential to be able to read defenses, yes.  

BUT after spending a lot to get Rosen in both draft assets and $$$, he didn’t win over this organization in those key areas.  

Thats is the difference between Allen and Rosen.  Similar stats, but Allen took command of this team.  He sold his coaches and teammates he has everything needed to be a franchise QB with better talent around him.  

Rosen fell flat there as he always has and now will have ONE season to try again to now sell the Dolphins on those things or he will see them also draft a first round QB next year.

I think this is a load of crap. Kliff wanted his guy and that’s exactly what he got. The Cardinals mishandled this thing from the beginning but I don’t think it had much to do with how hard Rosen worked during the week.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Who knows whether that is the case or not. It might be. Larry Fitz apparently disagrees with you. I just think he ended up in a situation that totally disintegrated and it didn't disintegrate because of Josh Rosen. That said not sure how much more stable the Dolphins are. While Josh Allen had comparable lack of talent around him he had a stable organisation that was being led by calm, sensible, serious people in Beane and McDermott.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Bangarang said:

I think this is a load of crap. Kliff wanted his guy and that’s exactly what he got. The Cardinals mishandled this thing from the beginning but I don’t think it had much to do with how hard Rosen worked during the week.

I think what you just said is a load of crap.  Why...because If you are committed to Josh Rosen, then you DONT hire a head coach who wants another QB.  

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think what you just said is a load of crap.  Why...because If you are committed to Josh Rosen, then you DONT hire a head coach who wants another QB.  

They didn't. Indeed the hiring process was about finding a guy to work with Josh Rosen. Then once in the job Kingsbury said he wanted a new QB and the owner decided to go with him. Based on a GM who hasn't hit on a first round pick in 6 years I can see why Bidwell decided to do that. The whole situation has been a total ***** show. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Who knows whether that is the case or not. It might be. Larry Fitz apparently disagrees with you. I just think he ended up in a situation that totally disintegrated and it didn't disintegrate because of Josh Rosen. That said not sure how much more stable the Dolphins are. While Josh Allen had comparable lack of talent around him he had a stable organisation that was being led by calm, sensible, serious people in Beane and McDermott.  

Im not saying he failed in all those areas, I’m saying those are the areas where you show a staff YOU ARE the guy is all.  Rosen clearly left something to be desired there or he would still be an Arizona Cardinal.  And it’s the those very areas that were his Achilles heal during the draft process as well.  There is a reason he was not even on some teams boards and why multiple GMs said they would never want him.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

They didn't. Indeed the hiring process was about finding a guy to work with Josh Rosen. Then once in the job Kingsbury said he wanted a new QB and the owner decided to go with him. Based on a GM who hasn't hit on a first round pick in 6 years I can see why Bidwell decided to do that. The whole situation has been a total ***** show. 

I don’t buy that Kliff was committed to Rosen when he was hired.  

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Im not saying he failed in all those areas, I’m saying those are the areas where you show a staff YOU ARE the guy is all.  Rosen clearly left something to be desired there or he would still be an Arizona Cardinal.  And it’s the those very areas that were his Achilles heal during the draft process as well.  There is a reason he was not even on some teams boards and why multiple GMs said they would never want him.

I just don't think we know that. Because the whole thing was such a shambles behind the scenes. What you say might be right but I don't think it is necessarily the case. 

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You can say that but how much time did he really have to win over this new regime with no ties to him? Fun narratives are easy to write after the fact. Kliff might even like the dude but just thinks he found a better qb and can’t pass on upgrading the biggest position in football. They might’ve done the same to Allen if they got him last year.

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The cards are a special kind of organizational disaster for a long time 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I just don't think we know that. Because the whole thing was such a shambles behind the scenes. What you say might be right but I don't think it is necessarily the case. 

Exactly 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I don’t buy that Kliff was committed to Rosen when he was hired.  

I don't either. But he said he was to get the job.  It was basically all they talked about in the hiring process. Finding the right guy for Josh. I think Kliff played Steve Keim who doesn't strike me as being very smart. As I said in my day 2 debrief..... if the Cards stink again (think they will) Kliff will be safe and Keim will be out and the Kliff suddenly has a huge amount of power in the organisation. 

• Like (+1) 1