Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Pete

Twas the night before Christmas!

Recommended Posts

It's almost here!  Do us right Beane.  Our Bills are on the cusp.  A good draft will set us up for years

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Ya? Tomorrows the draft? I hadnt noticed lol:)

Pretty sure he's talking about avengers. 

  • Haha (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

On the night of the draft not a Bills fan is stirring, not even daring to touch the remote.

 

Then all of a sudden to our eyes it appears, McBeane makes a trade for a player to cheer.

 

.....I hope.

Edited by I am the egg man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Twas the night before the Draft,
and all through the States
football fans were pondering their favorite teams' fates.
The prospects were pondered and each given grades, 
while fans wrote new mock drafts with really dumb trades.

The pizzas were ordered,
the beer was on ice,
the effort put into making man caves look nice.

When on the TV there came such a loud din,
It was goofy-haired Kiper, yapping again.
Just as the channel was about to be turned,
here came McShay, to share what he'd learned.

The flowers now blooming,
the skies a dull gray,
Gave color to a late April Christmas-like day.
As fans sat and hoped and said football prayers,
and pondered their favorite draftable players.

"Now Quinnen, now Murray, now Cheevers, now White,
now a corner named Greedy who covers them tight.
On Jacobs, on Bush, on Simmons and Fant,
On combine freak Metcalf, can he run a slant?!"

As we all nestled down and tried hard to sleep,
We were suddenly disturbed by a rather loud "peep".
I peaked out on my roof and was shocked by the scene,
A man dressed in red, Bills GM Brandon Beane!

With curiosity getting the better of me,
I asked Beane a question with curious glee:
"Who will we take? Will we draft in the current order?"
"Sorry", he said, "We'll be taking a corner!"

My dreams freshly crushed,
I slinked back off to bed,
With visions of playoff droughts fresh in my head.
But I prayed and I hoped and I tried not to worry,
For Josh Allen's here now, we'll be good in a hurry!
The draft will soon start, the future is bright,
Happy Draft Eve to all, and to all a good night!

 

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Logic said:

Twas the night before the Draft,
and all through the States
football fans were pondering their favorite teams' fates.
The prospects were pondered and each given grades, 
while fans wrote new mock drafts with really dumb trades.

The pizzas were ordered,
the beer was on ice,
the effort put into making man caves look nice.

When on the TV there came such a loud din,
It was goofy-haired Kiper, yapping again.
Just as the channel was about to be turned,
here came McShay, to share what he'd learned.

The flowers now blooming,
the skies a dull gray,
Gave color to a late April Christmas-like day.
As fans sat and hoped and said football prayers,
and pondered their favorite draftable players.

"Now Quinnen, now Murray, now Cheevers, now White,
now a corner named Greedy who covers them tight.
On Jacobs, on Bush, on Simmons and Fant,
On combine freak Metcalf, can he run a slant?!"

As we all nestled down and tried hard to sleep,
We were suddenly disturbed by a rather loud "peep".
I peaked out on my roof and was shocked by the scene,
A man dressed in red, Bills GM Brandon Beane!

With curiosity getting the better of me,
I asked Beane a question with curious glee:
"Who will we take? Will we draft in the current order?"
"Sorry", he said, "We'll be taking a corner!"

My dreams freshly crushed,
I slinked back off to bed,
With visions of playoff droughts fresh in my head.
But I prayed and I hoped and I tried not to worry,
For Josh Allen's here now, we'll be good in a hurry!
The draft will soon start, the future is bright,
Happy Draft Eve to all, and to all a good night!

 

SAVE US, TJ HOCKENSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it just me, or is it awful quiet league wide on draft eve?  I haven't heard much on rumors, and there has yet to be a trade.  There should be a ton of  action the next 48 hours

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Related image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Pete said:

Is it just me, or is it awful quiet league wide on draft eve?  I haven't heard much on rumors, and there has yet to be a trade.  There should be a ton of  action the next 48 hours

 

its quiet, too quiet.jpg

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

SAVE US, TJ HOCKENSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Even in a simple, funny little thread about the excitement the night before the draft, you found it necessary to come in and -- in all caps, no less -- repeat yourself for the 87th time. We get it, dude, you want a defensive lineman, you don't want an offensive skill player, and you think that anyone who does is a fool. How many more ways can you find to repeat yourself before the Bills are on the clock?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Related image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Logic said:


Even in a simple, funny little thread about the excitement the night before the draft, you found it necessary to come in and -- in all caps, no less -- repeat yourself for the 87th time. We get it, dude, you want a defensive lineman, you don't want an offensive skill player, and you think that anyone who does is a fool. How many more ways can you find to repeat yourself before the Bills are on the clock?

 

Please Logic, don't egg him on!  LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Logic said:

Twas the night before the Draft,
and all through the States
football fans were pondering their favorite teams' fates.
The prospects were pondered and each given grades, 
while fans wrote new mock drafts with really dumb trades.

The pizzas were ordered,
the beer was on ice,
the effort put into making man caves look nice.

When on the TV there came such a loud din,
It was goofy-haired Kiper, yapping again.
Just as the channel was about to be turned,
here came McShay, to share what he'd learned.

The flowers now blooming,
the skies a dull gray,
Gave color to a late April Christmas-like day.
As fans sat and hoped and said football prayers,
and pondered their favorite draftable players.

"Now Quinnen, now Murray, now Cheevers, now White,
now a corner named Greedy who covers them tight.
On Jacobs, on Bush, on Simmons and Fant,
On combine freak Metcalf, can he run a slant?!"

As we all nestled down and tried hard to sleep,
We were suddenly disturbed by a rather loud "peep".
I peaked out on my roof and was shocked by the scene,
A man dressed in red, Bills GM Brandon Beane!

With curiosity getting the better of me,
I asked Beane a question with curious glee:
"Who will we take? Will we draft in the current order?"
"Sorry", he said, "We'll be taking a corner!"

My dreams freshly crushed,
I slinked back off to bed,
With visions of playoff droughts fresh in my head.
But I prayed and I hoped and I tried not to worry,
For Josh Allen's here now, we'll be good in a hurry!
The draft will soon start, the future is bright,
Happy Draft Eve to all, and to all a good night!

 

How long did you spend on this?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MJS said:

How long did you spend on this?!

He posted shortly after the OP, so apparently he’s just a gifted poet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MJS said:

How long did you spend on this?!


About 20 minutes. Bored at work. I clicked on the thread title expecting it to be a poem, and there was none. I felt cheated!

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Logic said:


About 20 minutes. Bored at work. I clicked on the thread title expecting it to be a poem, and there was none. I felt cheated!

Some great run defense here, boy.  If we had Hockenson on the roster, maybe it would have inspired the front four to actually STOP Fournette.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Logic said:

About 20 minutes. Bored at work. I clicked on the thread title expecting it to be a poem, and there was none. I felt cheated!

I felt similarly cheated, but I figured someone would pick up the slack. Good job!

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Some great run defense here, boy.  If we had Hockenson on the roster, maybe it would have inspired the front four to actually STOP Fournette.
 

 


I'm beginning to think you should check yourself into an institution of some sort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, MJS said:

How long did you spend on this?!

I spent 10 seconds on this 

 

One, two, three o'clock, four o'clock, mock
Five, six, seven o'clock, eight o'clock, mock
Nine, ten, eleven o'clock, twelve o'clock, mock
We're gonna mock around the clock tonight

We're gonna mock, mock, mock, 'til broad daylight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I spent 10 seconds on this 

 

One, two, three o'clock, four o'clock, mock
Five, six, seven o'clock, eight o'clock, mock
Nine, ten, eleven o'clock, twelve o'clock, mock
We're gonna mock around the clock tonight

We're gonna mock, mock, mock, 'til broad daylight

Your way with words is inspiring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...