Bills 2019 NFL Draft: Buffalo Bills are taking D.K. Metcalf, says SI’s Gary Gramling

HOUSE

14 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

You are starting to convince me...

I’ve started to *really* like the player. Part of me will be a little disappointed if he’s not a part of our team, I just love the fit. I just can’t determine his value at 9. Seems too high. But I’m no scout.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

What kind of passing attack will Buffalo utilize?  What are the QBs strengths?  The Bill's were most effective the last part of the year using a vertical passing attack.  With the addition of Brown and invest in the Oline I am assuming that will continue to be a large element.  Allen strength is attacking the outer third of the feild.  He also excels at the intermediate to deep throws.  Of all the Wrs available DK Metcalf fits both perfectly as a player day 1.  I think the fit is too good to pass up.  Add in his work ethic, NFL bloodlines, I think he is a slam dunk.  

• Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

How many of you are going to keep pedaling this same farce?  He was having a great season before his neck injury.  Im fine if people want to go another direction or disagree on DK...but at least get your facts straight and quit pedaling false narratives.  

In his first 6 games (before he got hurt in his 7th game...which he already had 1 catch for 49 yards in before getting hurt) he had 529 yards, averaging a massive 21 yards per reception and had 5 TDs.  

During the same span, AJ brown had only 50 more yards, one less TD and averaged only 13 yards per catch.  So all this stuff that he "wasn't even the best WR on his team" is just silly.  DK was the big play guy while AJ was the possession guy.  They played different roles and both were major parts of the offense.  

And he is going to almost certainly be drafted BEFORE AJ Brown for a reason.

I would also like to add:  He did NOT appear out of nowhere at the combine as some unknown guy that became a workout warrior.  If anyone was paying attention during the CFB season, they would know that DK was widely considered to likely be the first WR taken in this draft before the injury.  Myself and plenty of people on here kept saying he is the one WR worthy of top 10 selection and that was BEFORE the combine.  What he did at the combine was just prove what most people had already stated.  

Now, none of that means he will be a huge success or a bust.  But this narrative that he wasn't performing at a high level is a total farce.  His season got cut short by a neck injury.  

I dont know if we will pick him or not, but there is PLENTY to be excited about if we do.  

Perfectly said!

You know he's been my #1 guy for the Bills for a while now...And the truth is had it not been for that injury and a slow cone drill there is no way in hell he would get close to #9 overall...

Those things may very well prove to be a blessing for the Bills...We'll see...?

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

Perfectly said!

You know he's been my #1 guy for the Bills for a while now...And the truth is had it not been for that injury and a slow cone drill there is no way in hell he would get close to #9 overall...

Those things may very well prove to be a blessing for the Bills...We'll see...?

I like the D at the top of the draft, but Bosa, Allen, Q. Williams, Oliver, and White could easily all be gone before we pick. If we go offense at #9, I can understand Jonah Williams or Hock. They are safer picks, but I would take the chance at the super high ceiling with DK.

Edited by Dr. Who

11 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I like the D at the top of the draft, but Bosa, Allen, Q. Williams, Oliver, and White could easily all be gone before we pick. If we go offense at #9, I can understand Jonah Williams or Hock. They are safer picks, but I would take the chance at the super high ceiling with DK.

The only person I wouldn't mind the Bills taking before Metcalf is Quinnen Williams. I'm all about getting Josh Allen the weapons to accentuate his talents, but Quinnen is one helluva player!!!

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, dneveu said:

The bad part was the trade - he wasn't like a crazy bust.  He currently carries the highest cap hit on one of the best teams in the league.

He wasn’t a bust at all. He was a really good player.  Didn’t work out with the Bills but there is some kind of revisionist history that he was some kind of terrible pick. He wasn’t. It was the circumstances around the trade, Odell being there, etc that fuel the  poor memory. 

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Well hopefully its DK himself convincing you as I am just putting out the accurate info on him.  Now that you are coming around...take into consideration this guy is a very high character guy.  A big time WR prospect without the Diva personality who works hard and cares a lot about the game.  Now with all that fresh in your mind, go watch this:

Then go read and watch this and ask yourself how Gilmore is gonna like covering and tackling this dude when Josh is firing bullets down field to this beast!!!!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001020521/article/ole-miss-dk-metcalf-dominates-at-2019-nfl-scouting-combine

GO BILLS!!!!!!!  

He'll be throwing 40 to 50 bullets to this beast, when the front four struggle to stop the run and rush the passer, and they're always having to play from behind.

9 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

He'll be throwing 40 to 50 bullets to this beast, when the front four struggle to stop the run and rush the passer, and they're always having to play from behind.

Your schtick is bad and you should feel bad. 

10 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I dont like his game tape, but the more I hear about him personality wise and work wise the more I think he is in play.

I just learned about his background and personality and everything and.... gonna be tough for the Bills to turn that down. Not often you find that type of team-oriented WR. 

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

How many of you are going to keep pedaling this same farce?  He was having a great season before his neck injury.  Im fine if people want to go another direction or disagree on DK...but at least get your facts straight and quit pedaling false narratives.  

In his first 6 games (before he got hurt in his 7th game...which he already had 1 catch for 49 yards in before getting hurt) he had 529 yards, averaging a massive 21 yards per reception and had 5 TDs.  

During the same span, AJ brown had only 50 more yards, one less TD and averaged only 13 yards per catch.  So all this stuff that he "wasn't even the best WR on his team" is just silly.  DK was the big play guy while AJ was the possession guy.  They played different roles and both were major parts of the offense.  

And he is going to almost certainly be drafted BEFORE AJ Brown for a reason.

I would also like to add:  He did NOT appear out of nowhere at the combine as some unknown guy that became a workout warrior.  If anyone was paying attention during the CFB season, they would know that DK was widely considered to likely be the first WR taken in this draft before the injury.  Myself and plenty of people on here kept saying he is the one WR worthy of top 10 selection and that was BEFORE the combine.  What he did at the combine was just prove what most people had already stated.  

Now, none of that means he will be a huge success or a bust.  But this narrative that he wasn't performing at a high level is a total farce.  His season got cut short by a neck injury.  

I dont know if we will pick him or not, but there is PLENTY to be excited about if we do.  

Fair points. But to compare him to Moss is ridiculous. Moss coming out had been a dominant college player. DK May have show flashed but hardly had dominated games. Also the biggest knock I have on DK isn’t any of those things. It’s his questionable hands. Which to me if you’re taking someone in the top ten at WR then their hands better be unbelievable. Sure they may develop. But did Ted Ginns hands ever really get better?

31 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

You're like a skipping CD that says the same thing over and over again...if the CD was playing backwards.  

• Haha (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, Fred Slacks said:

Fair points. But to compare him to Moss is ridiculous. Moss coming out had been a dominant college player. DK May have show flashed but hardly had dominated games. Also the biggest knock I have on DK isn’t any of those things. It’s his questionable hands. Which to me if you’re taking someone in the top ten at WR then their hands better be unbelievable. Sure they may develop. But did Ted Ginns hands ever really get better?

The comp is simple.  Moss is really the only wr that height who tracks the deep ball like a Deshaun Jackson size guy.  Late speed and acceleration.  Metcalf shows that same rare trait.   Moss top 3 all time and that's crazy to say the two names beside each other.  But Metcalfs athletic comp and playing style is that.  In terms of Ginn?  He made his money as a return man and gadget player.  Not a guy who consistently won outside. 

11 minutes ago, Fred Slacks said:

I didnt compare him to Moss, nor would I, so I agree with you on that...must have been another poster.  Randy Moss was a guy I kept saying was the absolute best player in that draft.  I was very big on Moss and thought he was the best WR prospect I had ever seen.  He is also top 3 all time in the NFL and could have a case made for best ever.  

I don't think his hands are as concerning as some think and that it was more to do with poor QB play and trying to make a move upfield too quick before the ball was secure.  He makes a lot of tough catches and stretched out finger tip catches.  

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I didnt compare him to Moss, nor would I, so I agree with you on that...must have been another poster.  Randy Moss was a guy I kept saying was the absolute best player in that draft.  I was very big on Moss and thought he was the best WR prospect I had ever seen.  He is also top 3 all time in the NFL and could have a case made for best ever.  

I don't think his hands are as concerning as some think and that it was more to do with poor QB play and trying to make a move upfield too quick before the ball was secure.  He makes a lot of tough catches and stretched out finger tip catches.  

I won’t lie. The idea of a dominating WR on our team is very appealing. Is it DK though?  I just am not sure. 

Why do do you feel DK is better than Hakeem Butler?  Wasn’t Butler just as imposing as a WR?  I feel like Butler is the least talked about WR stud in this class. Seems like N’Keal Harry gets more hype than Butler. But Harry struggles with separation which will only make it harder in the NFL I feel. But what part of DK’s game do you believe separates him from Butler. You don’t have to convince me how he might be better than Harry. I’m already sold on him over Harry.