Russell Wilson Reaches 4 Year $140 Million ($107 m guaranteed) extension with Seahawks

9 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Still waiting on that link to your “article” chief.

finally found it. It is a long interesting read. Rereading it now I don't think it would work too well. Just in special circumstances like Chiefs.

my memory of it was accurate.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24801136/how-nfl-teams-trade-young-qb-starters-thrive-bill-barnwell-2018

Interesting that ESPN's Barnwell took a twitter comment from D Gilmour that spurred Barnwell(not clear how much Barnwell wrote before the Gilmour question) into deeper thought about this and made a whole all encompassing article about the theory. Very impressive. He is a super star reporter.

Edited by cba fan

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

My comment about Wilsons worth is based on the idea that in a salary cap league that no individual should eat up that much of the cap. Also i said he is top 5 in worth. I read my comment again and you really did read far into what was an innocous comment.

but the cap increases every year and TV contracts are up soon....most likely revenues will continue to increase and his cap % will decrease over time

2 hours ago, nucci said:

but the cap increases every year and TV contracts are up soon....most likely revenues will continue to increase and his cap % will decrease over time

I am aware and I am not sure of how much confidence the Seahawks have in wilson sticking around after this year if they did not get this done but If you split the Salary cap between offense and Defense each side gets 90 million with a few left over for special teams, and maybe in 4 years it is 100 million a side that is still 35% of your resources going to one position at a cost to the rest of your positions. Your point is not without merit and I will reiterate if I was going to choose a guy worth all that money he is certainly in the top 5.

• Like (+1) 1

...let the speculation begin........

Report: Patrick Mahomes could land $45 million per year

Jesse Reed, Sportsnaut
5 hrs ago

Russell Wilson is the current NFL record-holder in terms of contract value after inking a four-year deal that averages $35 million, yet Patrick Mahomes will dwarf that when it’s his turn to land a contract extension.

Nobody is going to argue against this. Every year, and some years multiple times in the span of just months, quarterbacks are breaking records with new contracts.

Thanks to his rookie deal, Mahomes is currently one of the best values at any position in the league. Yet when it’s his turn to sign an extension, he’s set to break all previous marks, and likely by quite a bit.

According to Mike Freeman of Bleacher Report, Mahomes could be looking at an extension that averages $45 million per year.

“That’s because the health of the NFL remains strong, and the league continues to increase the salary cap significantly every year (about $10 million a season). This gives teams more money to pay their most important players in the quarterbacks.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-patrick-mahomes-could-land-dollar45-million-per-year/ar-BBW1YSv?li=BBnba9I

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/17/2019 at 8:43 AM, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Right now my top 10 based on efficiency are:

Brady, Mahomes, Brees, Rodgers, Watson, Luck, Roethlisberger, Wilson, Ryan, Rivers

In arguing top 5 in the game there is a weight factor for staying power, so pull out Mahomes & Watson.

I was looking at the stats the other day. 

over the past 5 seasons, if you average out his #'s by compiling the different criteria, he's right there at / in the top 10.

I guess I missed this part of the deal 

"We talked about the idea of a no-trade clause just because we really wanted to be here," Wilson said Wednesday, echoing a point he made no fewer than 10 times during a news conference to formally announce his record contract extension. "That was the thing we were really excited about and that's kind of what sealed the deal for us."

On 4/18/2019 at 9:25 PM, MrEpsYtown said:

just one question. Do either of these guys have pants on?

this is creepy as hell. I had to speed it up to understand he was not saying ACL.

Edited by cba fan
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 4/17/2019 at 12:32 PM, cba fan said:

finally found it. It is a long interesting read. Rereading it now I don't think it would work too well. Just in special circumstances like Chiefs.

my memory of it was accurate.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24801136/how-nfl-teams-trade-young-qb-starters-thrive-bill-barnwell-2018

Interesting that ESPN's Barnwell took a twitter comment from D Gilmour that spurred Barnwell(not clear how much Barnwell wrote before the Gilmour question) into deeper thought about this and made a whole all encompassing article about the theory. Very impressive. He is a super star reporter.

I thank you for finding it. And now even you admit you see how this type of thing would not work. What your article describes is a quick and easy way to alienate your entire fanbase and get entire front offices fired. 

• Like (+1) 1