No Masters thread??!!

eball

4 hours ago, Lurker said:

We saw him there a few years ago. There was a big turnout to hang with Daly! Set up some kind of putting green. A good time was had by all! 

12 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Watch him put four straight tee shots into Lake Michigan, then throw his club in the lake...

HAHA! What a souviner! 

Looks like I might get up earlier than usual tomorrow.

I’m actually glad I don’t have Sunday passes. An “imaginary internet friend” (as my wife refers to you people) from my college hoops board went yesterday for the first time. He posted something I agree with, without ever having thought about it before. Going to Augusta National is a very real bucket list item. I am THRILLED I got to do it once! But golf is 1,000 times better on TV. When I lived on the 10th green I’d the Harbour Town course (site of the PGA next week), I watched almost ALL of the golf on TV. It’s just better that way. 

23 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m actually glad I don’t have Sunday passes. An “imaginary internet friend” (as my wife refers to you people) from my college hoops board went yesterday for the first time. He posted something I agree with, without ever having thought about it before. Going to Augusta National is a very real bucket list item. I am THRILLED I got to do it once! But golf is 1,000 times better on TV. When I lived on the 10th green I’d the Harbour Town course (site of the PGA next week), I watched almost ALL of the golf on TV. It’s just better that way. 

Sure beats watching Meet The Press (unless Russert was still alive)...

8 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Tied for second (at the moment) heading to Sunday....fantastic.  Can't wait for tomorrow.

Molinari still has a couple holes to play.

Sounds like some kind of Italian food ...

”I’ll have the pasta molinari please”

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Senator said:

Sure beats watching Meet The Press (unless Russert was still alive)...

Molinari still has a couple holes to play.

Sounds like some kind of Italian food ...

”I’ll have the pasta molinari please”

It still makes me sad what became of that once great show.

But I love that the leaders will be teeing off tomorrow right about the time I’m waking up.  ??

Edited by KD in CA

7 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

It still makes me sad what became of that once great show.

But I love that the leaders will be teeing off tomorrow right about the time I’m waking up.  ??

Sadly, I’m in the eastern time zone, and I can say the same thing. 

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Augie said:

it is the one sport i absolutely say is better on TV. Was at the 99 OPen for the weekend at Pinehurst. Miserable weekend

1) No goal game was Saturday..had to hear my MIL all day Saturday say she could not understand why I was leaving the US OPen early to go watch some silly hockey game on TV

2) Sunday was cold as balls, did not have right clothing, too cheap to pay $200 for a US OPen jacket, they did not start serving beer till noon, and then unexpectedly stopped serving at 5.00PM with a good ninity minutes still left to go!!!!  Could not see what the leaders were doing..parked on the 17th hole..saw Payne and Phil play 17th..crowd so big watched Payne's famous putt on some makeshift projected screen 100 yards away from the green. The whole day sucked. 

3) Now the Masters screwing my whole day all up. Have a fresh ham smoking, lots of people coming over to watch Sunday afternoon golf on the porch...a little lightening strike never hurt anyone, at least not enough to ruin my plans!

Molinari is freaking unflappable.  Not playing great by any means right now but 6 straight pars including two monster saves.  If not for Francesco you'd be looking at 12 guys between -8 and -10!

Still a lot of golf left, but it doesn't look like Molinari is going to come back to the field.

1 minute ago, eball said:

Molinari is freaking unflappable.  Not playing great by any means right now but 6 straight pars including two monster saves.  If not for Francesco you'd be looking at 12 guys between -8 and -10!

Still a lot of golf left, but it doesn't look like Molinari is going to come back to the field.

Nope, at at the moment.

Tiger not putting his irons where he needs to and not getting the big putts these last few holes.

10 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Nope, at at the moment.

Tiger not putting his irons where he needs to and not getting the big putts these last few holes.

Whoa, and just like that Molinari bogeys 7 and Tiger has a kick-in for birdie.  Fasten your seatbelts!

Just now, KD in CA said:

Woah!  And I'll be surprised if Koepka isn't right there late.

I really like Koepka.  He's got nerves of steel also and I don't expect him to fade.

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

And just like that, Tiger in trouble off the 11th tee. 

And just like that....he’s out of trouble. He comes out of the woods better than I do, and I spend a lot more time there. I mean, my second shot is almost always from the woods! 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

And just like that....he’s out of trouble. He comes out of the woods better than I do, and I spend a lot more time there. I mean, my second shot is almost always from the woods! 

Well, trees are 90% air, so it shouldn’t be a problem getting out of the woods. 

Question on sine I haven’t played or followed golf closely in a while, why is it ok to leave the pin in when putting from the green?

53 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Well, trees are 90% air, so it shouldn’t be a problem getting out of the woods. 

Question on sine I haven’t played or followed golf closely in a while, why is it ok to leave the pin in when putting from the green?

It’s relatively new. Guys started doing it last year. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s relatively new. Guys started doing it last year. 

Brand new rule for 2019.  Flagstick may be left in while on green.  Statistics suggest you should leave it in, but most pros still take it out.  When I'm playing I've been leaving it in for putts of 10 ft. or more, then taking it out for the short ones.

The other "big" new rule in 2019 is taking a drop from knee height rather than shoulder height.

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

And just like that, Tiger in trouble off the 11th tee. 

And just like that, he makes it look easy getting out of trouble.

No, it's complete b.s.  Tiger would have lost four balls today on any "regular" course.  August has very few areas of true "trouble."

Edited by eball
  • Thank you (+1) 1

WTF?  I spend all morning working in my garage getting it out of the way to watch the Masters and there's only two holes left?

Tiger finally took my advice and got back to snorting lines off hookers the night before each round like he used to.  

Just now, Doc Brown said:

It's golf.  Anything can happen.

Not today, seen this before. These are easy shots and the course is playing wide open today. He’s cruising right now and nobody is really looking like they want to challenge 

And there you have it

Also I really, really, REALLY dislike the upright half handshake. 

Molinari looks like a lost child