TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Complete

Virgil

9 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Ya Sin is a pretty raw player whose probably more of a man to man guy but his technique is raw. Has a lot of upside though. Murphy is the much more refined player, but a prototype zone corner who can play man. A guy like a Murphy would be perfect for McDermott's or Seattle's system. Think a jacked up version of Taron Johnson. They are pretty much the same size on paper, but Murphy is bigger becuase it's just distributed differently. Both are not particularly fast. Murphy loves to hit and simply makes a ton of plays. He was a big time receiver in high school as well, so he has good ball skills. I really like Murphy if he slips into the 30s for a trade up. Doubt he get some that far. I'm kind of eh on Ya Sin, but both guys can play. 

I don't know man, you ar replacing one short armed, light in the pants left tackle with another short armed, light in the pants left tackle. But Reiff can certainly benefit from a move inside. Perhaps they would both be fine in the Kubiak finesse zone blocking scheme.

Cool.  I have Dilliard higher than ford and pass protection is BY FAR the biggest issue in Minnesota.  No brainer to me.  

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I don't know man, you ar replacing one short armed, light in the pants left tackle with another short armed, light in the pants left tackle. But Reiff can certainly benefit from a move inside. Perhaps they would both be fine in the Kubiak finesse zone blocking scheme.

Reiff is a very good RT in my mind. He is out of his depth at LT. 

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Ya Sin is a pretty raw player whose probably more of a man to man guy but his technique is raw. Has a lot of upside though. Murphy is the much more refined player, but a prototype zone corner who can play man. A guy like a Murphy would be perfect for McDermott's or Seattle's system. Think a jacked up version of Taron Johnson. They are pretty much the same size on paper, but Murphy is bigger becuase it's just distributed differently. Both are not particularly fast. Murphy loves to hit and simply makes a ton of plays. He was a big time receiver in high school as well, so he has good ball skills. I really like Murphy if he slips into the 30s for a trade up. Doubt he get some that far. I'm kind of eh on Ya Sin, but both guys can play.

I am with you on both. Murphy is a borderline 1st round corner but a zone team only guy for me (can play man from time to time but would struggle on a primarily man team) and Seattle is a perfect fit. Ya Sin is an extremely raw talent. Low 2nd rounder. Some team will fall in love with Sin though.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

With the 22nd pick of the 2019 NFL Draft, the Baltimore Ravens select Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson.

The Texans @GunnerBill are on the clock.

The Ravens lost a lot of players in the front 7 in free agency, creating a hole. With this pick, the ravens get one of the best players available at a position of need. Wilkins is a limited upside prospect, but high floor. He will be a solid player for years to come and will help to solidify the Ravens D.

• Like (+1) 1

With the 23rd pick in the 2019 NFL Draft the Houston Texans select......

Cody Ford, Tackle, Oklahoma

@Joe in Winslow and the Oakland Raiders are now on the clock.

The only players on my personal board ranked higher than Ford at this stage are Deionte Thompson and Jaylon Ferguson. Ford is my 3rd BPA and I just feel that the Houston Texans have to better protect Deshaun Watson who was running for his life too often in his first two years. I'm not sure whether Ford ends up inside or outside in the NFL but it matters not, the Texans need upgrades at both spots.

Despite the Antonio Brown pickup, we at Patrick Starfish's Las Vegas-ish NFL Circus Sideshow feel we have a need for more weapons for the offense. The fact that both Fant and Hock are taken, and the "best" WR is off the board, we feel we need someone opposite Brown, so we'll pick N'Keal Harry, WR, ASU.

@Virgil and the cheesesteak-eating urban mullets, er I mean the Eagles, are now on the board.

Edited by Joe in Winslow

8 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

You should make the pick, but I personally think Jacobs makes sense to the Eagles. That or a DB.

Edit:

On second thought, I think the top safety on their board makes sense. Either Chauncey Gardner-Johnson or Nasir Adderley.

Not sure if we should have a mini vote, or if someone else wants to take it, or what...DB or Jacobs or Edge (Clelin Ferrell?)

Edited by Logic

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

I agree. Looked at a few Eagles mocks and they all seem to agree that running back is decently likely as a first round pick. With this being the case, and with Jacobs still on the board, that's the most logical pick to me. 

Edge Rusher Clelin Ferrell is the other choice that makes sense here.

He would make sense, and be hard for them to pass on...

Dexter Lawrence wouldn't shock me either. 

Nasir Aderly is a good option as well. 

I expect that the need to remind people that Wentz is a franchise QB being what it is, making his life easier on offense makes the most sense. (Hollywood Brown?) That makes me think Jacobs..

Essentially @Virgil, in an attempt to make your job easier, I can now say that they will not take a QB... probably.

Edited by whatdrought

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

He would make sense, and be hard for them to pass on...

Dexter Lawrence wouldn't shock me either. 

Nasir Aderly is a good option as well. 

I see a ton of mocks that have the Eagles taking a safety.

With the Eagles playing a Wide 9 and with Christian Wilkins off the board, I don't think the value is there for DT.

I say they either go Ferrell at Edge or Adderley at Safety.

Just now, Logic said:

I see a ton of mocks that have the Eagles taking a safety.

With the Eagles playing a Wide 9 and with Christian Wilkins off the board, I don't think the value is there for DT.

I say they either go Ferrell at Edge or Adderley at Safety.

Ferrell is gone to Tennessee

• Like (+1) 2