2019 NHL Playoffs

Mark Vader

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Yeah 

the Canes coach was a richardhead in his reply to the media when asked it.  

BrindAmour was a prick as a player, too, so I’m not surprised he acts like one as a coach.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

The leafs getting done in beantown. Very surprised.

Hope they shut them out...

Edit... there goes that.

Edited by T&C
  • Like (+1) 1

Emily Kaplan  ESPN   3:22 AM

"It's the first time in NHL history that both conference top seeds were eliminated in the opening round of the Stanley Cup playoffs. The Lightning, who matched an NHL record with 62 regular-season wins, and the Flames combined for only one win in their first-round exits. "

1 hour ago, The Senator said:

I am torn - who do you cheer for when you hate both teams?

I rank them by least liked and pick the team I dislike less. I couldn’t stand Toronto fans if they won the Cup. We’re used to Boston fans winning sports. So I root for Boston over Toronto, and then root against them vs CBJ.

On 4/16/2019 at 9:42 AM, eball said:

Geez, I like Ovi even more now.  That was impressive.

That dude is a monster.  Most people don't realize just how big he really is because he scores so many goals but I met him a few years ago and I guarantee he goes at least 240.  He's huge.

3 hours ago, The Senator said:

I am torn - who do you cheer for when you hate both teams?

i just want to see a good hockey game, both teams showing up

Bruins always show up elbows high and win easily, or Ice Capades and let the other team do it's thing

feeling very ripped off the Bruins haven't done more than throw their stick on the ice for game 1, 3, and 5 now

15 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i just want to see a good hockey game, both teams showing up

Bruins always show up elbows high and win easily, or Ice Capades and let the other team do it's thing

feeling very ripped off the Bruins haven't done more than throw their stick on the ice for game 1, 3, and 5 now

My favorite Bruins moment ever...

26 minutes ago, The Senator said:

My favorite Bruins moment ever...

Cash loved to throw it down.

Leafs would show during breaks in the action oldies clips...

One was of Eddie Shack cross-checking Cash right across the face, I wondered how the response to that went, either then or some time down the road.

T.J. Oshie is highly unlikely to play again this postseason, according to multiple people with knowledge of the situation. The team has said Oshie is out “indefinitely” with an undisclosed upper-body injury after he was pushed into the boards from behind by Carolina Hurricanes forward Warren Foegele

Devante Smith-Pelly will make his return on the fourth line, and Carl Hagelin will try to fill the hole left by TJ Oshie’s injury.

DSP scored 2 game winning goals last season in the playoffs

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

T.J. Oshie is highly unlikely to play again this postseason, according to multiple people with knowledge of the situation. The team has said Oshie is out “indefinitely” with an undisclosed upper-body injury after he was pushed into the boards from behind by Carolina Hurricanes forward Warren Foegele

Devante Smith-Pelly will make his return on the fourth line, and Carl Hagelin will try to fill the hole left by TJ Oshie’s injury.

DSP scored 2 game winning goals last season in the playoffs

What's up with the NHL and it's upper-body and lower-body injury designations? I didn't see what happened to Oshie but would a concussion be considered an upper-body injury?

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

No, I think he broke an arm or wrist 

OK, but why the secrecy? And if they're not going to be specific why bother with upper/lower as the distinction? Not a Caps thing, Isles announced Boychuk is out with a lower body injury.

I'd be interested to know why the NHL does this.

4 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

OK, but why the secrecy? And if they're not going to be specific why bother with upper/lower as the distinction? Not a Caps thing, Isles announced Boychuk is out with a lower body injury.

Ruff, in his pressers, would describe a Sabres injury as ‘a lower body injury’, then clarify - jokingly - ‘it’s an upper lower body injury’.

Funny guy, that Lindy.

(I have no idea why the secrecy - HIPAA maybe?)

18 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Teams don't want opponents targeting specific body parts. General descriptions of injuries are believed to limit that. 

18 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I have no clue 

Backstrom scores 

Just now, snafu said:

Teams don't want opponents targeting specific body parts. General descriptions of injuries are believed to limit that. 

Oshie is out indefinitely 

my guess is is he won’t be back for 4 to 6 weeks

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I have no clue 

Backstrom scores 

Oshie is out indefinitely 

my guess is is he won’t be back for 4 to 6 weeks

Your guess is as good as anyone else's. That's the point of the general injury report. 

15 minutes ago, snafu said:

Your guess is as good as anyone else's. That's the point of the general injury report. 

They can’t target him if he’s not playing. 

I’ve seen the play and replay a dozen times.  He grabs his arm / wrist while down and skating off the ice.  

End of 1.  

Caps lead 1-0

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

They can’t target him if he’s not playing. 

I’ve seen the play and replay a dozen times.  He grabs his arm / wrist while down and skating off the ice.  

End of 1.  

Caps lead 1-0

I get that, but it was a general question about why teams do this that I was answering. They do it for every player in case that player comes back after a game or a few off. The Capitals will continue to do it for Oshie until such time as he's absolutely ruled out of the remainder of the playoffs. 

7 minutes ago, snafu said:

I get that, but it was a general question about why teams do this that I was answering. They do it for every player in case that player comes back after a game or a few off. The Capitals will continue to do it for Oshie until such time as he's absolutely ruled out of the remainder of the playoffs. 

I wonder if its the teams or league policy?

I get the targeting aspect but as Shady said, if Oshie isn't coming back that wouldn't matter.

You'd think football would be the sport that would be most concerned about targeting.

7 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I wonder if its the teams or league policy?

Not sure but I don't remember ever seeing an NHL team be specific about an injury during the playoffs. 

It seems as though it is team policy that's either condoned or not prohibited by the league. 

• Like (+1) 1