Will the Bills move up for Quinnen Williams?

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Oliver almost matched his SO numbers and played in 4 less games.  So I am not sure how that can be said that he played worse.

Bottom-line is there is not a major difference that would make me happy to see the Bills give up multiple picks to get in the top three to take Williams when they can sit at 9 and take Oliver how arguably can be the better prospect.

Now if we are talking about moving up for one of the premier edge guys now we are talking.

Oh, I agree.  I do not want to trade up for Q Williams.

8 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

What’s a eh?

Are you drunk?

34 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Yeah who wants those elite talent guys anyway.. 

I am sure the same thing was said when we took Sammy Watkins

10 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Oliver almost matched his SO numbers and played in 4 less games.  So I am not sure how that can be said that he played worse.

Bottom-line is there is not a major difference that would make me happy to see the Bills give up multiple picks to get in the top three to take Williams when they can sit at 9 and take Oliver how arguably can be the better prospect.

Now if we are talking about moving up for one of the premier edge guys now we are talking.

I think there is a very real possibility that we might lose out on both

I still dont want to trade up

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Yeah who wants those elite talent guys anyway.. 

I this situation who is more elite Williams or Oliver.

Numbers and skill-sets tell you they are very similar, so you are getting an elite player likely at 9 with Oliver and not having to give up multiple assets to get maybe a marginally better elite prospect

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I am sure the same thing was said when we took Sammy Watkins

I think there is a very real possibility that we might lose out on both

I still dont want to trade up

I think we could.  But in the end Bills set themselves up this offseason to fill holes, use com of their capital to move up and take a player they want.  And with the NFL Quick passing offenses now, I would argue that the position to do that for now is an elite penetrating DT more than it is any other position even DE.

But to go from 9 to 6 would cost the third.  So one could argue the value to get to 6 to ensure Oliver if the board is falling that way.  (ALL Speculation anyway)

Edited by MAJBobby

I think this is a real possibility... Most fans speculating and formulating their opinions on these players and general trade values are basing them on industry mocks... What those mocks aren't taking into account, often, are teams moving up for QBs. That happening is about as routine as the sun rising. 

I'm not saying the Bills will trade up to 2 or 3 for Quinnen, but if you assume that the top of the draft features a few teams trading up for QBs and the possibility of Bosa and possibly Allen going ahead of Williams, depending on what teams are looking for... 

It's not inconceivable that he falls to 5 or 6, at which point I could see the Bills moving a pick or two to get Williams. I know a lot of people here like Oliver, but the fact is that he's not a guarantee... Tough to take a guy who may or may not pan out that high. Williams looks like as sure a pick as there is in this draft and fits a HUGE need... 

36 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Comparing stats for Oliver and Williams isn’t really fair. Oliver had to play nose tackle last year.

But even Comparing them it shows Oliver makes more plays behind the LOS than Williams does

3 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

I think this is a real possibility... Most fans speculating and formulating their opinions on these players and general trade values are basing them on industry mocks... What those mocks aren't taking into account, often, are teams moving up for QBs. That happening is about as routine as the sun rising. 

I'm not saying the Bills will trade up to 2 or 3 for Quinnen, but if you assume that the top of the draft features a few teams trading up for QBs and the possibility of Bosa and possibly Allen going ahead of Williams, depending on what teams are looking for... 

It's not inconceivable that he falls to 5 or 6, at which point I could see the Bills moving a pick or two to get Williams. I know a lot of people here like Oliver, but the fact is that he's not a guarantee... Tough to take a guy who may or may not pan out that high. Williams looks like as sure a pick as there is in this draft and fits a HUGE need... 

So how again is Williams a sure pick and Oliver might not pan out?

The fact is BOTH might not pan out.  So makes more sound sense using one pick on a player vice multiple picks

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, njbuff said:

Whaley did it in 2014 when WR was the position of strength in that draft.

How did that work out?

I don't think Beane will make the same mistake, but what do I know.

I hate the "how did that work out?" as if that's a universally applicable response.  It doesn't mean anything.  Bills made a mistake in that regard by not having done enough evaluation of OBJ.  Its a separate matter.  How did trading up for Patrick Mahomes work out for KC?  We also moved up for Josh Allen.  How's that working out so far?

Edited by cage

9 minutes ago, wppete said:

Love Quinten Williams butbwe should stay where we are and get either Ed Oliver or Montez Sweat. No need to give up assets, we are building right now. 

Actually.....I think we are to the point now where this team better do something this next year or McD and Beane will be feeling the heat......

I like the way they did it....but now this team needs to perform.  

14 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So how again is Williams a sure pick and Oliver might not pan out?

The fact is BOTH might not pan out.  So makes more sound sense using one pick on a player vice multiple picks

One dominated the SEC and is prototype size. 

The other was up and down in the... [literally having to check what league Houston is in] AAC and is undersized for the position...

Not sure what else there is to say about it but if you consider the two comparable then we're not going to see eye to eye on this one... 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

One dominated the SEC and is prototype size. 

The other was up and down in the... [literally having to check what league Houston is in] AAC and is undersized for the position...

Not sure what else there is to say about it but if you consider the two comparable then we're not going to see eye to eye on this one... 

So nothing there points to how ONE is a Sure thing and the OTHER isn't.

I mean Aaron Donald cannot possibly be the best DT in the league because he came from PITT and not the SEC (take those SEC rose glasses off, it really helps in looking at player traits)

Edited by MAJBobby

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

So nothing there points to how ONE is a Sure thing and the OTHER isn't.

I mean Aaron Donald cannot possibly be the best DT in the league because he came from PITT and not the SEC (take those SEC rose glasses off, it really helps in looking at player traits)

Neither are a sure thing. I didn't say they were. But one has quite a few more flags than the other.

Bills have picks to spend to get the right guy. At the right price, we should all hope they're willing to do that.

7 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Neither are a sure thing. I didn't say they were. But one has quite a few more flags than the other.

Bills have picks to spend to get the right guy. At the right price, we should all hope they're willing to do that.

I see a light weight Oliver. That will struggle to keep weight on however probably closer to his weight at 280-290

Williams is also a Light weight guy that bulked up and will struggle to keep weight on. 

There are just as many flags with one as the other and why they are graded close IMO 

I am not sold on Williams or Oliver yet both have outrageous  qualities but are they dt .nt or de. Williams looked  like he still was not in shape but posted crazy numbers still , Oliver has similar numbers but looked in better shape   but what position, ? I want Josh Allen ,rush de ,olb, ,, to move up for him or Williams will be costly possibly  our first in  2019 and 2020,,, depending on how high ,,now if they slide to 5 that is roughly only a  additional second.

36 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

But even Comparing them it shows Oliver makes more plays behind the LOS than Williams does

True. but it's not an apples to apples comparison considering the conferences they play in completely different conferences with a big disparity in the level of competition

2 minutes ago, tombstone56 said:

I am not sold on Williams or Oliver yet both have outrageous  qualities but are they dt .nt or de. Williams looked  like he still was not in shape but posted crazy numbers still , Oliver has similar numbers but looked in better shape   but what position, ? I want Josh Allen ,rush de ,olb, ,, to move up for him or Williams will be costly possibly  our first in  2019 and 2020,,, depending on how high ,,now if they slide to 5 that is roughly only a  additional second.

I project both to penetrating 3Tech.  Which is needed on this team probably more so than an edge. 

Just now, ndirish1978 said:

True. but it's not an apples to apples comparison considering the conferences they play in completely different conferences with a big disparity in the level of competition

True and why Stats are only part of it when I look at players. 

I have Both Williams and Oliver graded pretty closely. Both projecting as Impact 3 Tech DTs. Just don’t see a big separation between the two in traits or play that justify a trade up for one over the other.