I think I figured out Dabol people...???

Scorp83

10 hours ago, Ennjay said:

What makes the NE offense work, besides Brady's accuracy, is that he gets rid of the ball faster than the defense can fill in where his receivers are settling underneath (= quick reads, quick decision making, quick release).  Serious question:  can Allen do all that?

There is that small part where Belichick talks up the opposing team, proceeds to coach circles around their coaches, thumps them, then rolls out that "tea-bag" smirk and a quick handshake at the end that says, "man, do you guys suck".

12 hours ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

We're running the Oilers, Moon era Run n Shoot.

The chuck and duck!

7 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

That game makes me nervous, cause I don't know if that was Josh improving or the Dolphins quitting??? 

A combo special. 

3 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

I don’t think that Daboll is calling any shots. The pecking order of shot-callers at OBD goes Beane, McDermott, Kim, the ghost of Ralph Wilson,  a random circling turkey vulture, then Daboll.

Not saying he's calling the Shots... but when it comes to offense, best believe him & Beane are lock step together.  Derm too when it comes to Character & personality on his team. But the system is all Dabol... he want certain guy's in his system 

14 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

Hear me out ... I've been listening to all the interviews on John Murph, Joe B's Podcast, Howard & Jeremy, even put up with Schopp & Bulldog. 

I think I see what we're doing... if I'm right is Brian Dabol a genius??? Or COMPLETELY insane!?!?

What are the Bills starting to look like??

The newly agile smart O-Line, the "not too big name weapons", the small little shifty slot guy, the old behind RB's, the tough defense, the money kicker... ???

New England... I think Dabol is turning us into New England.  I'm not saying what they do doesn't work... I mean they have 6 SB's. But does Dabol really think this is going to work?? Again either he's a genius or completely insane.

The only thing we're missing is Gronk...which leads me to the Draft...

Most of you know, I've been pounding the table for DK. I don't think we take DK, I think we're taking T.J. Hockenson at 9 or we trade back & draft him. Either way...I think he's the 1st Rd pick. Hockenson is the only player to be compared to Gronk. 

Sal & Chris Brown both said "The coaching staff looked at how the team performed when they put smaller, faster weapons on the field".  I think Dabol is trying to mimic the Pats...??? Is he a genius if it's true? Or Insane for even trying this???

Thoughts??

"It's a bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it pays off for him" ???

Trade back and draft him?

I'm concerned he won't even be there at #9.

He's my #1 draft want this year.

Really hope they get him at #9.

5 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Noah Fant to me is the best TE in this class, he doesn't have the blocking skills that Hockenson does but that's the only skill that Hockenson is better in but can be taught with coaching. Fant was far superior athlete as his 40 time shows (4.50 for Fant and 4.70 TJ), Fant was superior in every category accept a few 10th of seconds on the shuttle (4.18 TJ and 4.22 Fant), Fant had more reps on the bench, all the cone drills and the shuttle. I still wouldn't take any TE in the top 20 picks since you can get some really solid TE prospects in the 2nd round imo. I think we get an edge rusher, the best available even if Ansah signs since who knows if we resign Hughes, Murphy is an enigma and Ansah hasn't been a staple of health, Montez Sweat, Josh Allen, Clelin Ferrell, Rashaan Gary and Polite all seem like legit candidates to me.

He is more athletic.  Hockinson is a better TE.  Hockinson is also a more natural catcher.  

3 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Your justification that Fant is better are his combine numbers? Yikes..

Hes fast in his underwear. Hes gotta be good right!? ? Jokes aside, a lot of execs are saying Hockinson is the real deal next big thing TE. A lot of comparisons to Kelce not Gronk. I'd take a Kelce on this team right now. Well if we were actually going to use him. Else stick with Kroft and his good blocking and situational pass routes.

14 hours ago, 2018 Our Year For Sure said:

I feel like it's a hybrid between NE's underneath stuff with screens (which will be much more prominent with the improved OL), shallow crosses, rub routes, TE posts and the like...combined with this run-n-shoot inspired, deep-zone-floodin' vertical passing game we had some success with last year, to fit Allen better. Daboll seems super adaptable to me.

This.  We will run that stuff as core offense but the difference is we dont have a noodle arm QB so it will be mixed with deception to take shots down the field.  Ala 2007 Patriots. 

4 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

I don’t think that Daboll is calling any shots. The pecking order of shot-callers at OBD goes Beane, McDermott, Kim, the ghost of Ralph Wilson,  a random circling turkey vulture, then Daboll.

LMFAO this is gold

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Trade back and draft him?

I'm concerned he won't even be there at #9.

He's my #1 draft want this year.

Really hope they get him at #9.

He probably will Defense is stacked this year. It happens every year(besides 2013 smh roughly), the talented group fly off the board & QB's dominant the top 10. So yea if the board plays out that way, trade back & get him. 

3 hours ago, Mat68 said:

He is more athletic.  Hockinson is a better TE.  Hockinson is also a more natural catcher.  

That was the rumor, then proven in the combine when he was dropping perfectly thrown passes.

He is more athletic than Hock, although Hock is a much stronger blocker, but if an athletic TE gets open 40 yards down the field and cant hang on to the ball, what's the point?

It does not matter if you run a blazing 40 and can leap over buildings if you have hands of stone.

Exaggerrating a bit as i think Fant can develop into a decent TE with some concentration lapses, but my patience for dropped balls is pretty low.

That is why the other TE I like in this draft is Josh Oliver. Athletic, lacks the blocking and route polish the Iowa TE's get but the foundation is there, and has the biggest hands of the combine prospects...and a good reputation for not dropping balls.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I do think we're taking Hockenson in the 1st, hopefully with a trade down.

Seems like we're almost telegraphing it at this point the same way we did last year that we'd be trading up to get a QB.

I concur. Only way I see this not happening?

1) If Simmons is there at 9, we take him.

2) If we drop to 15, and Wilkins is there, we take him, and pray we can package extra picks to move up and draft Hock, too (I would J in my P for a week, if this happened).

(For those who don't know the reference, it is NSFW, so look up J in my P on YouTube. Don't say I didn't warn ya).

Edited by ROCBillsBeliever
The mods blanked out "*****". The term "Draft" is equally viable, in this situation. I amended it. You're welcome.

7 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Your justification that Fant is better are his combine numbers? Yikes..

I figured everyone saw the stats on these 2 by now....Fant had 39 receptions 519 yards and 7 TD, Hockenson had 49 receptions 760 yards and 6 TD. So Fant is the better athlete which I was trying to show in my rant and just as productive stats wise so does that help you get a better picture or do you need side by side Highlight videos from youtube? :) 

I don't like Fant, he's a phenomenal athlete, but just an OK TE. I think he's more a tweener, and we need a more complete TE. He'll take a few years to figure it out, let somebody else figure out how to use him.

In addition to Hockenson, I'd rather have Sternberger or Irv Smith Jr than Fant.

12 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I figured everyone saw the stats on these 2 by now....Fant had 39 receptions 519 yards and 7 TD, Hockenson had 49 receptions 760 yards and 6 TD. So Fant is the better athlete which I was trying to show in my rant and just as productive stats wise so does that help you get a better picture or do you need side by side Highlight videos from youtube? :) 

Scouting players is just as easy as looking at some basic stats and combine numbers. I don’t get why teams have these scouts actually watch film and go on the road year round. Seems like a lot of work for something you can figure out in 2 minutes.

31 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

You have to kind of follow Iowa games to make sense of the stats...they leaned more on Fant early and gradually Hockenson became their 3 down TE and Fant was their flex option in the slot and such.

Good breakdown between what both bring to the game:

https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sports/2019/03/06/iowa-football-noah-fant-t-j-hockenson-anthony-nelson-amani-hooker-stand-out-nfl-combine-indianapolis/3080310002/

57 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Scouting players is just as easy as looking at some basic stats and combine numbers. I don’t get why teams have these scouts actually watch film and go on the road year round. Seems like a lot of work for something you can figure out in 2 minutes.

The youtube video was a comment for you not myself. I watch tons of college games at almost a disturbing rate for no other reason than I love the draft. 

55 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

The youtube video was a comment for you not myself. I watch tons of college games at almost a disturbing rate for no other reason than I love the draft. 

I don’t need some 4 minute highlight video with crappy music in the background. If you do watch a lot of college games then citing combine numbers first as your justification seems wrong. 

3 hours ago, Bangarang said:

I don’t need some 4 minute highlight video with crappy music in the background. If you do watch a lot of college games then citing combine numbers first as your justification seems wrong. 

I stated why I used the combine numbers yet you have given 0 stats or any reason other than your eyeballs as to why Fant isn't, it's typical though on here.

13 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I stated why I used the combine numbers yet you have given 0 stats or any reason other than your eyeballs as to why Fant isn't, it's typical though on here.

I like Fant... but I personally like Irv Smith more then Fant. Hockenson seems like the complete package though 

22 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Why do I need to prove an argument I never made. You do understand that I was not arguing over who was better right? 

10 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

He probably will Defense is stacked this year. It happens every year(besides 2013 smh roughly), the talented group fly off the board & QB's dominant the top 10. So yea if the board plays out that way, trade back & get him. 

We will see

I mean if all the top d talent goes early then they might go for bpa so trading back away from hock isn't good imo