NY Attorney General opens probe into Trump's Bills bid

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Have you traveled outside of New York? 

There are Toll roads everywhere you go.  Try driving around DC and Baltimore. 

There is a toll road that charges $6 for 15 miles, then the same road continues on with a new set of tolls at Dulles Airport leading into DC. 

There aren’t where I live. 

10 minutes ago, GG said:

The Fair Housing Act violations were in relations to Trump Village (Dad's properties) and common to ALL large real-estate developments in NYC at the time

can't even begin to imagine the sleaze of commercial real estate dealings in NYC for the last 300 or so years

when Trump ran liberals were concerned that The Donald hadn't spent any time in corporate meetings or with lawyers...

1 minute ago, GG said:

The Fair Housing Act violations were in relations to Trump Village (Dad's properties) and common to ALL large real-estate developments in NYC at the time

My bad, I didn't realize crimes weren't crimes if multiple people committed them.

Just now, MPT said:

My bad, I didn't realize crimes weren't crimes if multiple people committed them.

I wasn’t aware the law was to be unequaly applied based on political affiliation. But that’s whats happening these days. 

MPT is now on the ignored list officially

it's very prestigious, of the 120 on there, about 105 have not been heard/herd/hurd from over the last 18 months  :D

certificate of joyful authenticity...

You've chosen to ignore content by MPT.

2 minutes ago, GG said:

The presumed violations.  Dismissed with prejudice.  

If we're compiling a list of "offenses," I uncharitably submit that @MPT is an idiot for listing accusations found to be without merit.

3 minutes ago, MPT said:

They're not crimes if the court dismisses them with the observation "These aren't crimes."

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

Yes.

Why does it have to be one or the other?  I abhored both canidates in the 2016 election.  Saddest part is, I neither canidate could have won against anyone else.  Just because I hate a good number of things Trump's done (still waiting for the mexicans to pay for the wall...) doesn't mean democrats past or present get a free pass. I'd be tickled to see Trump and Hillary in the same cell, tbh.

I'm not a Trump fan, I personally think he needs to keep his mouth shut and stay the hell off social media. I'm just sick an tired of hearing all the bitching about him and people not referring to him as President. Respect the office not the person.

4 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I wasn’t aware the law was to be unequaly applied based on political affiliation. But that’s whats happening these days. 

I'm not arguing that it should be. It's more unequally applied based on socioeconomic status than political affiliation though.

12 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

First, since we've never spoken down here: :beer: welcome. (same to MPT :beer: )  There's a learning curve down here, and I should have started slower because I value conversation and sharing ideas/information - not just saying "I'm right, you're wrong" and leaving it at that. 

Second - the crimes Clinton avoided responsibility for (so far) are far worse than anything Trump's done. She violated NatSec and sold out the country to foreign adversaries - including sensitive IC information which (more than likely) got dozens of CIA NOCs killed. She colluded with Russian intelligence officers to smear a political rival and then used the same outlets and connections to Russian IC to try to overthrow a legally elected POTUS. 

She committed treason and sedition - many times. That's not even in the same ball park as a (possibly) corrupt business magnate getting caught with his hand in the cookie jar. 

It's not a campaign violation when it came from personal funds. John Edwards proves this as well. Hanging your hat on Stormy and McDougal is a sure way to end up disappointed. The only thing worse to hang your hat on is Russian collusion/conspiracy which has been proven to be bunk after two + years of hype. 

Big changes are coming in the narrative. I suggest you prepare for disappointment. 

Thanks.  Fighting bronchitis, so I was a bit more terse then I should have been.  I apologize for that.  I think what I hate seeing most is hypocracy, people condemning one person for doing the same thing in another the absolve.  That goes both ways.  Depending on political leanings people are quick to throw out "witch hunt", yet if it were someone else of opposing leanings, they'd be first in line with torch and pitchfork.  Many people here that say this whole thing is a waste of taxpayer dollars would be singing a different tune were it Hillary who tried to buy the team.  That's the point I was trying to make.

• Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, MPT said:

I'm not arguing that it should be. It's more unequally applied based on socioeconomic status than political affiliation though.

The rich have always had privilege. It’s not going to change. Ever. Fight the battles that can be won. 

21 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I’m concerned about the amount of people on here who use the ignore feature to create a safe place. It’s like a college LGBT group up in here. Lots of precious feelings. 

not against you, i hope.

11 minutes ago, Yav said:

I'm not a Trump fan, I personally think he needs to keep his mouth shut and stay the hell off social media. I'm just sick an tired of hearing all the bitching about him and people not referring to him as President. Respect the office not the person.

Agreed.  He won the election.  I have my own (poor) opinions on the Electoral Collage, but it's still the current system.

21 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

There aren’t where I live. 

Do you get a lot of snow, salted roads, freeze/that where you live?

I wonder whether the road maintenance budget in warm weather states is the same as in cold weather states.

3 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Agreed.  He won the election.  I have my own (poor) opinions on the Electoral Collage, but it's still the current system.

what exactly is wrong with the Electoral College?

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

what exactly is wrong with the Electoral College?

Specifically the all or nothing nature.  If you live in a state with a heavy lean to one color, your vote carries less weight then if you live in a battlefield state.  A system implemented to force canidates to focus on small states as well a big has somehow morphed to one where canidates only focus on a handful of key states.

9 minutes ago, The Red King said:

The Electoral College works both ways, you know.

There are a lot of small blue states, like there are small red states.

And candidates would run extremely different campaigns if the popular vote won the race.  Direct representation is for the House, and the Senate is supposed to represent the States.  Giving states a more equal say, while still taking population sizes into account, is important.

Edited by snafu