NY Attorney General opens probe into Trump's Bills bid

7 minutes ago, snafu said:

Do you get a lot of snow, salted roads, freeze/that where you live?

I wonder whether the road maintenance budget in warm weather states is the same as in cold weather states.

When it gets cold sometimes I can see my breath. 

1 minute ago, snafu said:

The Electoral College works both ways, you know.

There are a lot of small blue states, like there are small red states.

Um...yes?  Never said it was a problem that favored one party or the other.  Just that it was a problem overall.

10 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

all the way up your own ____________  ???

10 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Um...yes?  Never said it was a problem that favored one party or the other.  Just that it was a problem overall.

the only thing to be said is it is THE RULES under which candidates campaign

(or should)

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The_Dude said:

Then your state has one less (major) reason to require toll roads.

3 minutes ago, The Red King said:

I edited my post.  To me, it isn't a problem.  To you, perhaps it is.

2 minutes ago, snafu said:

Then your state has one less (major) reason to require toll roads.

I edited my post.  To me, it isn't a problem.  To you, perhaps it is.

We had one. The state promised the toll would go away after X years. Then the state began to reneg. So what’d we do? We raised hell and now 400 doesn’t have tolls. 

11 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Specifically the all or nothing nature.  If you live in a state with a heavy lean to one color, your vote carries less weight then if you live in a battlefield state.  A system implemented to force canidates to focus on small states as well a big has somehow morphed to one where canidates only focus on a handful of key states.

it was designed with a certain purpose in mind. it works as intended and i would rather trust the forethought of our fore fathers than the johnny come lately approach because it didn't give them what they feel they should get.

Edited by Foxx

30 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I’m concerned about the amount of people on here who use the ignore feature to create a safe place. It’s like a college LGBT group up in here. Lots of precious feelings. 

It's not about feelings, chucklehead.  It's about noise.  You don't hurt my feelings.  I don't care enough about what a shitburglar like you thinks for you to hurt my feelings.  You're just useless noise I have on mute.

I swat flies, too.  Not because they make me feel sad.  

22 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Specifically the all or nothing nature.  If you live in a state with a heavy lean to one color, your vote carries less weight then if you live in a battlefield state.  A system implemented to force canidates to focus on small states as well a big has somehow morphed to one where canidates only focus on a handful of key states.

First Past The Post is how it goes in most developed countries. 

The US Senate delegates that each state have equal rep as well, but why don't the usual suspects whine about this non-stop???

Oh yeah, it's only an issue when a Dem doesn't win the Presidency, and they were entitled to win?

Just now, Foxx said:

it was designed with a certain purpose in mind. it works as intended and i would rather trust the forethought of our fore fathers than the johnny come lately approach because it didn't give them what the feel they should get.

You're making assumptions.  Things evolve, and systems evolve with them.  If I recall correctly, slavery was legal when the US was founded, and women were not treated as equals.  I think I'd rather trust a system that is properly evaluated for the internet era we live in, rather then rely on something because it's how our pa did it, and their pa, and...

You're making assumptions.  Things evolve, and systems evolve with them.  If I recall correctly, slavery was legal when the US was founded, and women were not treated as equals.  I think I'd rather trust a system that is properly evaluated for the internet era we live in, rather then rely on something because it's how our pa did it, and their pa, and...

yes, the GOP had to win and free the slaves

anything that uses "the internet era" as righteousness is pure poison to decent living...

there is a mechanism to change the Electoral College, the Amendment process, so get writing to Congress to change the 12th....

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Red King said:

so again, what is wrong with the current design then? where does it fail other than the all or nothing for a state as you say?

the all or nothing prevents the tyranny of the majority. do not forget, we are a republic, not a democracy.

Just now, row_33 said:

yes, the GOP had to win and free the slaves

anything that uses "the internet era" as righteousness is pure poison to decent living...

Are...you even reading my posts?  Or did you just (incorrectly) assume I was a headstrong dem and started spewing random propoganda?  People like you scare me...

1. the rules are set

2. one campaigns by the rules that are set

3.  boo fricking hoo that you lost by these rules

should have got off your rear end and campaigned in battleground states, sweetie.

Are...you even reading my posts?  Or did you just (incorrectly) assume I was a headstrong dem and started spewing random propoganda?  People like you scare me...

yes, you said because people did things in the past that we should totally go the opposite way because it's the internet era.

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

so again, what is wrong with the current design then? where does it fail other than the all or nothing for a state as you say?

the all or nothing prevents the tyranny of the majority. do not forget, we are a republic, not a democracy.

Yes, but whose choice is the "all or nothing" approach? Hint: we have 50 of them or 57 according to Obama.

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

I take issue that an individual's vote carries different weight depending what state you live in.  It is a system that forces canidates to focus only on battlefield states.

10 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Yes, but whose choice is the "all or nothing" approach? Hint: we have 50 of them or 57 according to Obama.

i welcome states opting to split the electoral college vote along popular lines, they all are Democratic States so they can gladly hand a proportion over to the GOP Party any time it would thrill their little hearts.

11 minutes ago, The Red King said:

I take issue that an individual's vote carries different weight depending what state you live in.  It is a system that forces canidates to focus only on battlefield states.

well, there's been over 200 years of argument about it.... and there is a process to amend the 12th Amendment to your Constitution....  good luck with it...

It would appear as if you think we are a straight democracy.

People who complain about problems without having a solution, or better yet several, in mind don’t get to spend much time in my office.

What is your proposal?