Raiders trade G Kelechi Osemele to Jets

Good.  One less team in the FA market for guards.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

We HAVE DONE THAT

Not all of it....more to be done....but we didnt bring Chris Long in to ride the bench.   He is a capable OG

I think he's a better DE.

3 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

I guess the entire offseason is already over and Beane didn't add a single player to our team.  Antonio Brown was a unique situation.  He very obviously didn't want to be in the city of Buffalo, end of discussion.  Patience is a virtue my friend.  Take a breath and drink some water.  Haven't even gotten to signing period yet lol.  Offseason anticipation disease has set into a lot of fans and has for months.  Don't worry the wait is almost over haha.  Getting this ridiculous over a handful of moves so far is just a classic Buffalo fan response.  You do realize there are 1,700 players in the league and trades happen all the way up through past september right? Can we get some level-headed fans up in here please.  

Is it just coinsidence that I have the OP and first resonder to the thread blocked?  I don't think so.  They are blocked for good reason.  We could win the Superbowl 4 years in a row and they would find something to b**** about.  How they try to call themselves fans I don't understand.

6 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Apparently...but as a team with 10 draft picks, $80M in cap space, and a MASSIVE need for veteran OL talent, I'd have been willing to do so.

And that wasn't really the point. The greater point is that this is more or less a risk-free move to acquire a guy one-year removed from being a top-3 guard...yet you feel like fans who ask why our GM doesn't make these types of moves deserve to be criticized.

Who's wrong here?

I know the Bills are supposedly interested in Saffold & Williams among others. So if that's the case & Beane is very interested in bringing those guys in, wouldn't it make sense that we take a pass on Osemele, given his $10 mil per year price tag?

If we sign those 2 guys or perhaps Morse or Paradis, then not going after Osemele makes total sense imo.

At the moment we're viewing this Jets signing in a vacuum of sorts. But if Beane makes those other pickups then the perspective on this totally changes.

Here's to hoping he brings in a couple of those guys, otherwise our line this season, like a vacuum will suck

7 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Is it just coinsidence that I have the OP and first resonder to the thread blocked?  I don't think so.  They are blocked for good reason.  We could win the Superbowl 4 years in a row and they would find something to b**** about.  How they try to call themselves fans I don't understand.

That's a gigantic misrepresentation of what most people are saying here.

9 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Is it really?

There are people here who have seemingly ALREADY written off this offseason as a failure because of -this- move.

All I know is that Brandon Beane better start tampering soon or this season is OVER.

• Like (+1) 1

So when is it time to panic? 

Obviously it's early yet, but at what point do we start to sweat? No O-line or TE signed (or reportedly signed) by end of day today? Tomorrow? End of week? 

Just curious how anxious everyone is. 

Personally, I'm a little obsessed right now, it's clearly F5 season for me. Logically, I know we shouldn't worry until the market has dried up and our targets are gone, I just hope I'm going to be able to remain level headed if we're not tied to one of these guys early. 

2 minutes ago, TOboy said:

So when is it time to panic? 

Obviously it's early yet, but at what point do we start to sweat? No O-line or TE signed (or reportedly signed) by end of day today? Tomorrow? End of week? 

Just curious how anxious everyone is. 

Personally, I'm a little obsessed right now, it's clearly F5 season for me. Logically, I know we shouldn't worry until the market has dried up and our targets are gone, I just hope I'm going to be able to remain level headed if we're not tied to one of these guys early. 

See above two posts.

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Is it really?

There are people here who have seemingly ALREADY written off this offseason as a failure because of -this- move.

Maybe I've missed it then, because I (and a few others) simply said "great move for the Jets; wish we'd have done this"

Every time someone is signed who a message board GM has heard of before, there will be mass panic.  So just assume free agency will be a huge disappointment especially when there is an expectation the Bills will sign 2 or 3 of the top OL when 31 other teams are chasing the same guys.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, BuffaloRebound said:

Every time someone is signed who a message board GM has heard of before, there will be mass panic.  So just assume free agency will be a huge disappointment especially when there is an expectation the Bills will sign 2 or 3 of the top OL when 31 other teams are chasing the same guys.  

I’m floored by the posts about expectations of bringing in Saffold, Paradis/Morse AND Daryl Williams/Juwuan James. Just setting yourself up for disappointment. Has it ever happened where one team signed 3 of the top OL in one FA period? The Bills will be lucky to sign one of these players. Imo. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m floored by the posts about expectations of bringing in Saffold, Paradis/Morse AND Daryl Williams/Juwuan James. Just setting yourself up for disappointment. Has it ever happened where one team signed 3 of the top OL in one FA period? The Bills will be lucky to sign one of these players. Imo. 

Well, according to BADOL the wise, we should have higher expectations.

:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

I assume he's their swing guy, right? Teams do need that player.

There is a very real chance that Spencer Long is a starter at Guard

I am assuming that we are going to be all in for the Darryl Williams and we need to upgrade at Center.....our starting group could be

Dawkins - LT

Teller - LG

? - Center (hopefully Paridis or Morse)

Long - RG

D. Williams - RT

That IS a  upgrade over last season

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

There is a very real chance that Spencer Long is a starter at Guard

I am assuming that we are going to be all in for the Darryl Williams and we need to upgrade at Center.....our starting group could be

Dawkins - LT

Teller - LG

? - Center (hopefully Paridis or Morse)

Long - RG

D. Williams - RT

That IS a  upgrade over last season

Long was cut for a reason, you know. He's not that good. I think he's a solid backup, however, and you need those guys. There will be injuries; there always are.

• Like (+1) 1