Why not Eric Weddle for a year?

16 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Oh yeah, for sure.  No disagreement.  I do believe our pass defense was slightly improved because a bunch of games where we got blown out and teams were just killing the clock.  

But agreed Weddle is not a need.  I have a soft spot for him because I was huge fan of his out of college.  He will have no problems catching on to a team though.

The run D stinks.

17 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

If ur going to ask people discuss,  you could at least set the table a little better and provide some context. This is just lazy fandom. Its not face book and as others have brought you up to speed, explaining why YOU think this would be a good idea would have been the only redeeming qlty. Why should someone discuss something almost seemingly to amuse you?

The OP didn't say it was a good idea, he was asking why not bring him in and asked for a discussion. Lazy or not, you didn't have to crap on him. Some have explained why it's not a good idea. If you don't want to discuss...don't. Having said that, if Weddle is ok with a backup role at a decent price, why not? Injuries do happen. 

20 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

If ur going to ask people discuss,  you could at least set the table a little better and provide some context. This is just lazy fandom. Its not face book and as others have brought you up to speed, explaining why YOU think this would be a good idea would have been the only redeeming qlty. Why should someone discuss something almost seemingly to amuse you?

It got you to spend time posting your displeasure.......which amuses me. So, I thank you!

3 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

It got you to spend time posting your displeasure.......which amuses me. So, I thank you!

Whatever floats ur boat my man...whatever floats ur boat..

6 hours ago, Dopey said:

The OP didn't say it was a good idea, he was asking why not bring him in and asked for a discussion. Lazy or not, you didn't have to crap on him. Some have explained why it's not a good idea. If you don't want to discuss...don't. Having said that, if Weddle is ok with a backup role at a decent price, why not? Injuries do happen. 

Yes... it 100% needed to be crapped on. Thats facebook stuff, as is this fwiw. Just bc i spent more time doing it doesnt take away from the first few responses that have the same point w less words. Who says hed be ok w a backup role at a decent price anyway? Now we are speculating on a nonstarter? Yeesh

Edited by gobills1212

1 hour ago, gobills1212 said:

Whatever floats ur boat my man...whatever floats ur boat..

Yes... it 100% needed to be crapped on. Thats facebook stuff, as is this fwiw. Just bc i spent more time doing it doesnt take away from the first few responses that have the same point w less words. Who says hed be ok w a backup role at a decent price anyway? Now we are speculating on a nonstarter? Yeesh

I said "If" he would settle for a backup spot, not that he would. So I discuss and it's still not good enough. Who pissed in your cereal this morning?!

It would need to be a serious overpay for him to come to buffalo. Also, he’s not that good now. Seems like an Ed Reed to the Texans to the Jets pre-retirement “lemme collect one more paycheck” move (and he’s not Ed Reed). Chargers thought he was overpaid 2 years ago and cut him loose then, as he was kicking and screaming.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It would need to be a serious overpay for him to come to buffalo. Also, he’s not that good now. Seems like an Ed Reed to the Texans to the Jets pre-retirement “lemme collect one more paycheck” move (and he’s not Ed Reed). Chargers thought he was overpaid 2 years ago and cut him loose then, as he was kicking and screaming.

We have plenty of other places to overpay, and I’m pretty sure we will. We had better! That’s what FA is about, for the most part. 

I wouldn't spend money on a position that's stable in terms of personnel. 

Keep in mind that the safety position requires an above-average level of corporate knowledge of how the defense works and how it's suppossed to work.  If you've got good safties with a couple seasons in a system, that's quite the asset.  

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

I said "If" he would settle for a backup spot, not that he would. So I discuss and it's still not good enough. Who pissed in your cereal this morning?!

At this point id say odds are on you!

Personally, i dont care if you discuss or you dont - i wasnt the one making the demand. Fwiw, 'if' is litterally how most speculation starts, which prompted my response....so im not exactly arguing w/ya there. You decided to stick up for OP and although many posts habe the same vibe,  you chose mine to police. Im not sure what you are looking for here other than to further slog the silliness 

3 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

At this point id say odds are on you!

Personally, i dont care if you discuss or you dont - i wasnt the one making the demand. Fwiw, 'if' is litterally how most speculation starts, which prompted my response....so im not exactly arguing w/ya there. You decided to stick up for OP and although many posts habe the same vibe,  you chose mine to police. Im not sure what you are looking for here other than to further slog the silliness 

Hope your cereal is better in the morning. Maybe you'll lighten up.