Mark Barron released

13 hours ago, wppete said:

He might be perfect for the Big Safety McDermott is looking for. If cheap why not give it a chance.

That was a great video, thank you.

Btw, Baron was a great player at Bama but there were 2 recent players that I thought hit even harder:

Ronnie Harrison

Reuben Foster

I really do wish that Foster wasn't a thug. The kid was an absolute predator and imo would have been the best inside LB in football.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Have u ever heard of Big Nickel Defense? Nobody has to go to bench. 

Yup I have and my point still stands. Even so if you play this defense 100% of the time(which they wouldn’t), your wasting a lot of money for a part time player. So your paying a guy for 40% of the snaps. Your gonna sink 18 million dollars of your cap per year into the safety position? Highly unlikely. We have cap space but it’s more likely to be spent at SLB, CB, DT, or DE(as it pertains to defense),  there isn’t a lot of money tied up beyond this year. 

On 3/5/2019 at 5:39 PM, CaptnCoke11 said:

Yeah it would suck to have Julio Jones or Calvin Ridley.  Just awful

Wow, you found 2 out of 45. Also, 2 of the most underworked at Bama. 

16 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I know, right? Eddie Jackson, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Kenyan Drake, Jonathan Allen, Derrick Henry, and Da'Ron Payne also sucked.

This is what Alabama wants.to hang their NFL ready hat on...they over.work and soak up all their players' juice.in Tuscaloosa...Also, stop with the Clemson skill players.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Mr_Robotulism said:

This is what Alabama wants.to hang their NFL ready hat on...they over.work and soak up all their players' juice.in Tuscaloosa...Also, stop with the Clemson skill players.

Got it, thanks.

7 hours ago, Mr_Robotulism said:

Is this English?

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/5/2019 at 6:57 PM, the skycap said:

Id rather go after Landon Collins than Eric Weddle

PFF rated Collins as the top FA LB, with the clarification that he's not officially a LB "yet":

He was pretty much a safety by name only this past season in New York though, as Collins lined up deep on only 109 of his 804 snaps in 2018, while 549 of them came either in the box or along the line of scrimmage. While it wasn’t quite the same role as your run-of-the-mill three-down linebacker, Collins flashed all the traits necessary to play in the box full-time. Listed at 6-0, 222 pounds, Collins is no stranger to taking on blocks...

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-landon-collins-is-the-best-off-ball-linebacker-entering-free-agency

They listed Jordan Hicks as the top LB who's officially a LB:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-jordan-hicks-stands-at-the-top-of-the-free-agent-linebacker-class

I'd take either of them over Barron.