Mark Barron released

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

He was a name bandied about in some mock draft threads. 

The Bills liked him coming out to all extents and purposes. Whether he'd have been the pick if he was still there when we took Gilmore I am not sure. 

24 minutes ago, MJS said:

Do what? The Patriots are usually not super active in free agency and draft just as poorly as everyone else. I'll admit that they make good trades.

They pick up discarded vets on the cheap and make good use of them. That's all I'm saying. They did it with Jason McCourty last year. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Do the Patriots have enough cap room to sign, trade for, and bring back from the dead all the hundreds of players Bills fans project to them?

Patriots have that Kraft hand, job money.

Edited by Boca BIlls

24 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Id rather go after Landon Collins than Eric Weddle

Yea and your probably going to pay double. I'm talking about bringing in Weddle as a 3rd safety for 4-6 million a year. I also said Weddle probably doesn't come here because he will want to be a starter. Are you gonna pay Landon Collins 9 million a year to sit on the bench. Micah Hyde is already our SS you putting him on the bench?

Not sure why the question of interest is directed at fans.  They're not going after the guy.  Perhaps the question should be "Is this guy any good?"

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Stan was better

Related image

Stan was great!

Shouldn't the title of this type of thread be "Is this guy and good?"  The fans are not going after him, management is.

1 hour ago, JM57 said:

This is actually exactly the type of shrewd move the Patriots would make. Because he was cut, he doesn't factor into the comp formula

You can say that about any cut player. Like every other team, the Pats sign cut players who they think can help them.

I would take a run at signing hi.  He is a piece the Bills don't have. A big safety that can line up in multiple spots. He is an inch taller and 9 pounds lighter than Milano.  He would not count against comp pick formula not that we have much of a chance in that regard.  But since he was released he can be signed now.  

The Bills don't need a pure safety like Collins or Weddle.  They could use a tweener that could play SS, 3rd safety, or OLB.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Yea and your probably going to pay double. I'm talking about bringing in Weddle as a 3rd safety for 4-6 million a year. I also said Weddle probably doesn't come here because he will want to be a starter. Are you gonna pay Landon Collins 9 million a year to sit on the bench. Micah Hyde is already our SS you putting him on the bench?

Have u ever heard of Big Nickel Defense? Nobody has to go to bench.