Bills rumored to be a suitor for OG Roger Saffold

YoloinOhio

While it was a bit back, I recall looking at the relative cap situation of the Bills and Jest, and where the Jest had more available room, they also had a lot less guys already signed to the roster.

They could certainly outbid another team on any given player, but I don't think they can afford to do it much more than once, and still re-sign or sign, enough other players to fill out their roster.

I think the Bills could (not necessarily should) afford  a couple of high priced guys, if they are the right ones. I wouldn't be surprised to see them make a somewhat surprising move (or two), once FA actually opens. I would expect that they will be targetting the O-Line (no surprise of course), but it could be any one of a number of possibilities, from another vet Center, to a Guard or Tackle.

The signing of Long (who Jests fans think is an ok guard but poor center) makes me think that it will be more likely a Tackle or Center they go after hard, and if they think the hand injury especially impaired Long's ability to play Center well, then I expect that Taclkle will be the position we see signed first.