Impeachment Hearings Open In House Of Representatives

Tiberius

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Cohen lying again about Stone talking to Assange. This is a lie because through other evidence in the public record Cohen knows this never happened. Stone never spoke with Assange, he had no back channel to Assange. Mueller's indictment proves this to be true.

What I heard was Cohen say he was there when Stone called and told Trump he just got off the phone with Assange.  That is not a lie.  Stone is lying, but that's not what Cohen is referring to here.  Sorry DR, but I think you're pushing it here to say Cohen is lying, unless you are saying Cohen wasn't in the room when when Stone called?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TPS said:

What I heard was Cohen say he was there when Stone called and told Trump he just got off the phone with Assange.  That is not a lie.  Stone is lying, but that's not what Cohen is referring to here.  Sorry DR, but I think you're pushing it here to say Cohen is lying, unless you are saying Cohen wasn't in the room when when Stone called?

Go rewatch his opening statement. You'll see it. 

1 minute ago, TPS said:

Give him a minute to find a tweet to tell him what to think

Just now, Foxx said:

Ooooooh….its HUBER!!

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He's the guy that got Cohen so rattled he admitted to FARA violations, yes. 

except that was followed up by another Congresswoman stating that the registration only included foreign governments no? And was specifically tied to lobbying, which according to Cohen and he says verified in the contract...he specifically was not lobbying.

This is just like that tool saying "where did those files and boxes come from, how come they have not been turned over"

Cohen "Because sir, these files were confiscated in the raid on my office in this the investigation by the SDNY, and they have since been returned"

But why have they not been turned over sir!!!

Jesus , some of these closet Perry Masons are just idiots.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Go rewatch his opening statement. You'll see it. 

I saw everything after about 11:30.  Can't remember who asked questions again on it, but he went no further then  what his statement stated. He did say Trump knew the email dump was coming, but that was due to Stone's alleged convo. Can't speak to the opening.

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

except that was followed up by another Congresswoman stating that the registration only included foreign governments no? And was specifically tied to lobbying, which according to Cohen and he says verified in the contract...he specifically was not lobbying.

This is just like that tool saying "where did those files and boxes come from, how come they have not been turned over"

Cohen "Because sir, these files were confiscated in the raid on my office in this the investigation by the SDNY, and they have since been returned"

But why have they not been turned over sir!!!

Jesus , some of these closet Perry Masons are just idiots.

She tried to bail him out and gave him an opportunity to amend what he submitted after the fact.

He lied on his form. He's an attorney who didn't read carefully what he was signing. 

He lied to Congress about what he wrote on the form. 

Then admitted it when he was rattled by Meadows. 

Just now, TPS said:

I saw everything after about 11:30.  Can't remember who asked questions again on it, but he went no further then  what his statement stated. He did say Trump knew the email dump was coming, but that was due to Stone's alleged convo. Can't speak to the opening.

He stated in his opening testimony that he knew Stone spoke with Assange. Not that he heard Stone say that. 

It's a deliberate lie, told to draw headlines and was likely coached to do so by Schiff and Cummings. 

20 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The question was asked when the board went down... 

@Logic @WhitewalkerInPhilly  ... you spent over a year defending the dossier. How about now? 

On a day in which the president's long time personal fixer and former key member of the RNC finance committee is testifying under oath that the sitting US president explicitly directed him to commit crimes while campaigning and that the president was fully aware of the Stone-Wikileaks e-mail hacking events before they happened and did nothing to stop them, and during which Cohen implicated that there are even MORE as-yet-publicly-unknown but ongoing criminal investigations into Trump by the SDNY -- a day, by the way, during which the republican members of the committee have done nothing but try to cover for and obfuscate for the president, and in which they are suddenly pretending to have a problem with serial liars despite doing everything in their power to cover the criminal activities of their serial liar president -- on THIS day, with all that has come out during this hearing and considering the very serious implications of said revelations and the historic nature of what is currently taking place...you choose to single out the fact that Michael Cohen was never in Prague as if that's some sort of end game. Mind you, to reiterate, Cohen stated under oath today that Trump had foreknowledge of a Russian plot to provide his campaign with dirt on the Clinton campaign.

It's getting harder and harder to understand how any reasonable and moral person could watch the conduct of the republican committee members today and think "boy am I proud to be a member of this party!". This is a shameful and embarrassing chapter in our country's history. And I hate to be repetitive on this point, but if the tables were turned and someone was testifying under oath that a DEMOCRAT president had committed these acts, you'd all be completely apoplectic and you KNOW it.

Stick by your orange menace, though. I'm sure there's no fire behind all this smoke.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Logic said:

Stick by your orange menace, though. I'm sure there's no fire behind all this smoke.

The dossier which you've said for over a year is true - has been shown to be complete bunk. Yet you still defend it. 

Why? 

Could it be you're more interested in being right and your partisan opinions being validated than you are in the truth? 

Based on the fact you included Brennan in your list of tweets, I'd say the answer is yes. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

On a day in which the president's long time personal fixer and former key member of the RNC finance committee is testifying under oath that the sitting US president explicitly directed him to commit crimes while campaigning and that the president was fully aware of the Stone-Wikileaks e-mail hacking events before they happened and did nothing to stop them,

Start here. The bolded. Nothing of what you wrote is true of course - yet you believe it fully because you want to believe it. 

The conversation Cohen referenced in Trump's office was in July. The WikiLeaks trove became public knowledge in June. 

You're wrong. Again. 

Why? 

Because you WANT to believe what you've been told rather than think for yourself. 

Sad. 

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

On a day in which the president's long time personal fixer and former key member of the RNC finance committee is testifying under oath that the sitting US president explicitly directed him to commit crimes while campaigning and that the president was fully aware of the Stone-Wikileaks e-mail hacking events before they happened and did nothing to stop them, and during which Cohen implicated that there are even MORE as-yet-publicly-unknown but ongoing criminal investigations into Trump by the SDNY -- a day, by the way, during which the republican members of the committee have done nothing but try to cover for and obfuscate for the president, and in which they are suddenly pretending to have a problem with serial liars despite doing everything in their power to cover the criminal activities of their serial liar president -- on THIS day, with all that has come out during this hearing and considering the very serious implications of said revelations and the historic nature of what is currently taking place...you choose to single out the fact that Michael Cohen was never in Prague as if that's some sort of end game. Mind you, to reiterate, Cohen stated under oath today that Trump had foreknowledge of a Russian plot to provide his campaign with dirt on the Clinton campaign.

It's getting harder and harder to understand how any reasonable and moral person could watch the conduct of the republican committee members today and think "boy am I proud to be a member of this party!". This is a shameful and embarrassing chapter in our country's history. And I hate to be repetitive on this point, but if the tables were turned and someone was testifying under oath that a DEMOCRAT president had committed these acts, you'd all be completely apoplectic and you KNOW it.

Stick by your orange menace, though. I'm sure there's no fire behind all this smoke....

this is a strawman. the question was about the Dossier and your defense thereof.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

and during which Cohen implicated that there are even MORE as-yet-publicly-unknown but ongoing criminal investigations into Trump by the SDNY 

SDNY has nothing to do with Russian collusion or the dossier. The things you've said for over a year are real and verified. 

Wrong again. 

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

She tried to bail him out and gave him an opportunity to amend what he submitted after the fact.

He lied on his form. He's an attorney who didn't read carefully what he was signing. 

He lied to Congress about what he wrote on the form. 

Then admitted it when he was rattled by Meadows. 

He stated in his opening testimony that he knew Stone spoke with Assange. Not that he heard Stone say that. 

It's a deliberate lie, told to draw headlines and was likely coached to do so by Schiff and Cummings. 

You did claim he lied again about it--not from what I heard.

Sorry to quibble.  My perception of this is that Cohen is a lying scumbag, much like the guy he represented for 10 years. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

...you choose to single out the fact that Michael Cohen was never in Prague as if that's some sort of end game.

It's an end game for the dossier you've defended. It's the central charge of the document and now it's proven (again) to be false. 

Isn't it possible you were lied to? Or nah?

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

And I hate to be repetitive on this point, but if the tables were turned and someone was testifying under oath that a DEMOCRAT president had committed these acts, you'd all be completely apoplectic and you KNOW it.

You're so bad with facts you still think I'm a republican.

Ok, so I missed this shitshow today and am catching up on the low lights.

1) I did not know Cohen was a Democrat. 
2) Why do people say an attorney was a "fixer" like it is a bad thing? What exactly do people expect attorneys to do if not legally "fix" things for them?

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

SDNY has nothing to do with Russian collusion or the dossier. The things you've said for over a year are real and verified. 

Wrong again. 

No kidding! SDNY has crimes all its own its investigating! That's what happens with life long criminals, they get in all sorts of trouble 

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You're terrible at this. 

What you're reading are the drive-by postings of a far-left nutbag getting woke to just had badly this day has gone for the Donner Party.

Does AOC get to question Cohen? Please, oh please! Because that would be the cherry on the top of this schittsherbet dessert.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LABillzFan said:

What you're reading are the drive-by postings of a far-left nutbag getting woke to just had badly this day has gone for the Donner Party.

Does AOC get to question Cohen? Please, oh please! Because that would be the cherry on the top of this schittsherbet dessert.

AOC is up this last round. 

Should be fun. 

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

AOC is up this last round. 

Should be fun. 

If I were Cummings, I'd call it a day before she gets the mic. This day has been embarrassing enough for the Donners. They don't need her asking Cohen if he received his law degree from Electoral College while waiving a sweet potato in the air.

• Haha (+1) 4

1 minute ago, LABillzFan said:

If I were Cummings, I'd call it a day before she gets the mic. This day has been embarrassing enough for the Donners. They don't need her asking Cohen if he received his law degree from Electoral College while waiving a sweet potato in the air.

She walked in with a huge folder of printed out paper. So she's studied! She's going to deliver a speech, not questions, I'm guessing. And it's going to be about how to properly peel a sweet potato. 

6 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

1 minute ago, LABillzFan said:

I really am looking forward to it, but wish she was questioning a Trump supporter...now that would really be funny!

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Fox News is actually challenging the Republicans pretty well on their lack of seriousness. 

the real Fox news is actually quite good...its the opinion idiots in the morning and night that are insufferable and dumb as rocks.

8 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

She walked in with a huge folder of printed out paper. So she's studied! She's going to deliver a speech, not questions, I'm guessing. And it's going to be about how to properly peel a sweet potato. 

I've seen her peel a sweet potato. She has no business telling people how to do it properly. :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

He should have declined this "invite".  Things have gone from bad to worse for him.  

Funny, I heard someone say no one is changing positions today..and I agree on that.

I think Cohen is mopping the floor with the Republicans and the Republicans have no response other than attacking him...still have not defended or questioned any of the allegations Cohen has made...not one rebuttal

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Posts like this keep me coming back. Well done.

Edited by whatdrought