Antonio Brown officially requests trade; expected to be moved by 3/8

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

For whatever reason I think we will make a run at AB.  I dont think we will do it if it takes a first.

A real ladies man as well.

I could see it. I would be only mildly surprised. I think there is a ton of stuff that went down with the Steelers and I have a feeling it’s not all on AB. I don’t think it will happen but I think they will try. Poyer situation aside, as he’s no angel either.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I could see it. I would be only mildly surprised. I think there is a ton of stuff that went down with the Steelers and I have a feeling it’s not all on AB. I don’t think it will happen but I think they will try. Poyer situation aside, as he’s no angel either.

I agree, two sides to the story and its not all on AB in my humble opinion. When you take into consideration the similarities between Big Ben and Josh Allen by way of skill set. How different they come across by way of character.  I can understand why the Bills may believe AB could prove beneficial going into the future. 

Living in Steeler territory I've grown accustomed to watching B R and AB connecting on broken plays. AB makes it look easy. The guys a nightmare to cover and would immediately start opening up space for other play makers on the Bills O IMO. 

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

AB may cry about what a meanie Big Ben is, but AB's days of 1500 yards seasons are over.

Plus, he quit on his team. 

AB just broke the Steeler franchise record last season with 15 TD's. Two more TD's then the Bills O, WR's TE's , RB's combined. ( receiving )

and the quitting on the team is debatable IMO.

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1

When his former teammate slammed him on CBS (can't remember his name - safety for the Steelers for like 10 years - Ryan Clark?) I thought that was pretty damning. 

Mind you, he wasn't all that complimentary of Ben and his leadership skills either. 

I'd pass on AB unless I was extremely confident he'd come in, put his head down, work hard and drop the diva act. I'm just not sure how anyone could be confident in that. 

14 minutes ago, Figster said:

AB just broke the Steeler franchise record last season with 15 TD's. Two more TD's then the Bills O, WR's TE's , RB's combined. ( receiving )

and the quitting on the team is debatable IMO.

And on what other team is he going to get those numbers?

"The Steelers listed Brown as injured, but who knows if he really was. Tomlin told reporters Wednesday that he sent Brown for an MRI but the receiver never showed. He was MIA on Saturday too and the coach couldn’t get him on the phone for an explanation. When Brown’s agent called Tomlin on Sunday as said AB was indeed healthy enough to play, Tomlin said he told him to forget it.

Brown came to Heinz Field anyway. He spoke to Tomlin, who encouraged him to stick around and support his teammates. The Steelers hadn’t been eliminated from the playoffs at that point, after all. Everything was still on the table, Brown apparently left at halftime. And that was that."

He quit on the team.

4 minutes ago, TOboy said:

When his former teammate slammed him on CBS (can't remember his name - safety for the Steelers for like 10 years - Ryan Clark?) I thought that was pretty damning. 

Mind you, he wasn't all that complimentary of Ben and his leadership skills either. 

I'd pass on AB unless I was extremely confident he'd come in, put his head down, work hard and drop the diva act. I'm just not sure how anyone could be confident in that. 

If McBeane didn't have confidence in a trade for AB,  Buffalo doesn't show an interest IMO.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

"The Steelers listed Brown as injured, but who knows if he really was. Tomlin told reporters Wednesday that he sent Brown for an MRI but the receiver never showed. He was MIA on Saturday too and the coach couldn’t get him on the phone for an explanation. When Brown’s agent called Tomlin on Sunday as said AB was indeed healthy enough to play, Tomlin said he told him to forget it.

Brown came to Heinz Field anyway. He spoke to Tomlin, who encouraged him to stick around and support his teammates. The Steelers hadn’t been eliminated from the playoffs at that point, after all. Everything was still on the table, Brown apparently left at halftime. And that was that."

He quit on the team.

I'm confused.  His agent said he was healthy enough to play but Tomlin said he didn't want him to?

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

He quit on the team.

Myself personally , I think AB will be content being JA #1 because I think Allen will develop into a QB that will get him the football.

AB can help , not hurt JA's development in my humble opinion WEO

2 minutes ago, stony said:

I'm confused.  His agent said he was healthy enough to play but Tomlin said he didn't want him to?

Coach sent him for an MRI, guy no showed.  He blew off Saturday meetings/practice before a Sunday game....and the Coach can't get him to answer his phone as to where he is .  Agent calls Coach on SUNDAY (that's game day) and says, "yeah, my guy can go".  Coach says "no he's not gonna play after that BS".  Guy shows up, thinking he would roll his Coach.  No dice...

Just now, Figster said:

Myself personally , I think AB will be content being JA #1 because I think Allen will develop into a QB that will get him the football.

AB can help , not hurt JA's development in my humble opinion WEO

I don't disagree.  My point is the AB cried too hard about the only QB he'll ever have that threw him to so many yards and TDs.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Coach sent him for an MRI, guy no showed.  He blew off Saturday meetings/practice before a Sunday game....and the Coach can't get him to answer his phone as to where he is .  Agent calls Coach on SUNDAY (that's game day) and says, "yeah, my guy can go".  Coach says "no he's not gonna play after that BS".  Guy shows up, thinking he would roll his Coach.  No dice...

I don't disagree.  My point is the AB cried too hard about the only QB he'll ever have that threw him to so many yards and TDs.

Gotcha, thx.

• Like (+1) 1

Niners, Bills and Jets are the three teams.

I bet the Bills are the ones who wanna give up the least amount for Brown.

The Steelers are probably looking to squeeze the other two teams for that 2nd or 3rd overall pick.

Also, the Jets don’t have a 2nd round pick.

I can see this happening............

Steelers get the 3rd overall and a 5th round pick from the Jets. The Jets get Brown, the 20th overall and the Steelers 2nd round pick.

The Steelers usually don’t make these types of trades involving the rearranging of draft picks,  but this is different.

The might also get a player from the Jets in this scenario.

Edited by njbuff

6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Quit teasing, Yolo. Are we one of them??

Yolo is a tease. I bet he’s been that way since high school! Must have driven the girls CRAZY! 

16 minutes ago, njbuff said:

The Steelers are probably looking to squeeze the other two teams for that 2nd or 3rd overall pick.

Also, the Jets don’t have a 2nd round pick.

I can see this happening............

Steelers get the 3rd overall and a 5th round pick from the Jets. The Jets get Brown, the 20th overall and the Steelers 2nd round pick.

The Steelers usually don’t make these types of trades involving the rearranging of draft picks,  but this is different.

The might also get a player from the Jets in this scenario.

I’ve heard radio guys say with his age and contract, a 4th is reasonable. Top 5 picks for a WR going on 31 at a hefty cost sounds extreme. 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Do you have a source regarding the three interested teams?

Also, there's a zero.zero percent chance the Steelers are getting the 2nd or 3rd overall pick. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't even be bold enough to ask for that.

Not trying to throw shade, but a top five pick is unrealistic.

6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Quit teasing, Yolo. Are we one of them??

Colbert says he’s not telling who they are. But they want him to go to NFC. But if they can’t make that happen, looks like Bills are one of the AFC teams they would consider sending him to.

Edited by YoloinOhio