Antonio Brown officially requests trade; expected to be moved by 3/8

YoloinOhio

13 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I've done a 180 on this guy because of his mouth,

Of all the things TO has done to gain attention throughout his illustrious and sometimes tumultous career, his love for the game of football to this day has never been questioned. It is a privilege to play in the NFL in my humble opinion. AB is not Gods gift to the game of football or planet earth. Get real. 

AB needs to retire...

Edited by Figster

54 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

AB doing everything he can to kill his draft stock and stick it to the Steelers 

Sure seems like it.

The self inflicted attack on his character and trade value almost seems deliberate.

Edited by Figster

I have really gone back and forth on Brown.  Early on I was all for trading for him.  Then he really just started making things worse in social media and I started just souring on the idea of him given the strength in the WR draft class too.  Shortly there after, he seemed to make peace with the Steelers and Owner to agree to part ways and thought this could be a good idea again.  

Now again he is hurting his case more making non stop media click bait clips and that is going to turn some teams off.  I honestly do not worry about him being an issue if he did end up a Buffalo Bill, the problem though is that the media now has turned him into another LaVarr Ball.  He keeps making click bait headlines, so the media is going to constantly put a mic in his face and try and bait him into saying something controversial just like they have with guys like TO and OBJ.  

Dont get me wrong, all those dudes brought it on themselves, but once the media is on you like this over dumb quotes, they never stop trying to force them.  Rex Ryan is another good example.  

I certainly will be excited if he was a Bill, how can you not be thinking about Allen to Brown, but I neither expect it to happen nor is it my first choice.  There are a lot of WRs I love in this draft class and I would love to take two.  Grab one early in rounds 1 or 2 like Metcalf, Harry, Butler, Campbell, etc. then grab an additional one later...someone like Isabella, McLaurin, or Anthony Johnson in rounds 3 to 5.  

On 2/19/2019 at 3:51 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

That 2014 team would have murdered the 2017 team.  

Again, they destroyed something they didn’t need to destroy.  We may pay a guy like Tyrell Williams $11 million/ year when we had Woods and Watkins.  They traded for Kelvin Benjamin.  

I do respect you as a poster but you definitely wear the rose colored glasses (and I do wish I still do in a way).  But it’s such a genius move by them.  Tear down a middle class foundation and then cry poverty.  

Either way, this is their make or break season.  And I truly hope you’re right.  

"That 2014 team would have murdered the 2017 team." So what! Those of you who still buy in to the notion that a "tear down" was not needed are the reason this team sucked at everything from 2001 - 2017 - you accepted an almost .500 team and would convince yourself that "next year" was the year. Sixteen years of poor scouting, drafting, FA signings, poor coaching, and no QB (stop with the TT BS, he is finished in the NFL).  Bottom line this franchise was an utter failure with a mediocre culture that played on fans for a long time, keep tearing down and rebuilding - I know you want it and you want it now!  

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Or AJ!

I'd take either of them but id rather have a big bodied move the chains guy simce we already have our burner in foster.....

My fab receivers for what we don't have on the team yet in order -

Hakeem butler

Nkeal Harry

Dk Metcalf 

Aj brown

And the kid from Notre dame last haha

I'd place Hollywood right behind aj brown 

On 3/2/2019 at 10:42 AM, HansLanda said:

Isn't it basically financially impossible for Pitt to trade him? Like a $20M cap hit?

I believe the Steelers take the cap hit of $21.12 million regardless of whether they trade or cut him.  Also, the team who trades for him gets him on a non guaranteed contract at $15.1M in 2019, $11.3M in 2020 and $12.5M in 2021.  So, whoever is trading for him gets somewhat of a steal considering his talent level (unless he demands a new contract with more guarantees) and the Steelers are still screwed with the $21.12M cap hit next year.  He couldn't of turned sour on the Steelers at a worse time for them

On 3/3/2019 at 9:34 AM, N.Y. Orangeman said:

AB is at fault, but I am so glad Ben isn't on our team.  Hope he's had fun with his radio show

The thing I like about Allen that we saw this year, is that no matter what, he’ll just tell the media things like “he was trying to make a play, I need to be better”.

yes it’s cliche, and it doesn’t give the fans real insight into the situations sometimes. But he would rather take the heat than throw any of his receivers under the proverbial bus, or cause them to have to answer questions like, “Josh said you were supposed to do ‘A’ and you did ‘B’, what happened?”

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

If the Broncos make a move for AB, does that put Emmanuel Sanders on the block/cut candidate? I know he's pretty long in the tooth, but it might be worth a look. 

They picked up Sanders option for this year, but that’s all I know 

What in the actual F

1 hour ago, Dkollidas said:

The thing I like about Allen that we saw this year, is that no matter what, he’ll just tell the media things like “he was trying to make a play, I need to be better”.

yes it’s cliche, and it doesn’t give the fans real insight into the situations sometimes. But he would rather take the heat than throw any of his receivers under the proverbial bus, or cause them to have to answer questions like, “Josh said you were supposed to do ‘A’ and you did ‘B’, what happened?”

Well said, D.