I take it all back - Jarod Goff is a California wimp!

The Senator

I'm a little surprised that folks are saying Goff had a lot of time to throw yesterday.  My observations, possibly influenced by a beer & food coma, was that Goff was harassed all game by the NE defense. 

In fact I kept thinking that this is what QB's look like when the pocket collapses in their face and they're running for their life.  Funny how that all important metric called ACCURACY seems to flounder when D-line man are knocking a QB down. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

To be fair I would add Goff's O-line to that list to - they didn't exactly do their jobs given that the LA QB was hit on 40% of his drop-backs!  Ditto for the LA O coaches who didn't exactly adjust to what NE was doing to them. 

The rams lost all around but Goff was stuck out to me as the guy that just wasn’t up to it. 

4 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I'm a little surprised that folks are saying Goff had a lot of time to throw yesterday.  My observations, possibly influenced by a beer & food coma, was that Goff was harassed all game by the NE defense. 

In fact I kept thinking that this is what QB's look like when the pocket collapses in their face and they're running for their life.  Funny how that all important metric called ACCURACY seems to flounder when D-line man are knocking a QB down. 

And that sort of pressure was not what he faced most of the season. Surprised how poorly that o line played in the run game and pass games. Patsies owned the line of scrimmage 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Jared Goff is still a great QB.  He ran into a great defense and a HC who owns young QBs.  Give credit where it's due instead of blaming the young QB.

This was a battle between Belichick and Wade Phillips.  Belichick won.

Thanks fellow Mets fan! How many days till pitchers and catchers?

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

And that sort of pressure was not what he faced most of the season. Surprised how poorly that o line played in the run game and pass games. Patsies owned the line of scrimmage 

In fact I just looked up the stats and Goff was sacked 4 times and was hit 12 more times on 38 passes - which is getting walloped once on every three throws.  Compare that to Brady who was hit like once on 90 throws going into the SB.

In fact you could argue that Brady didn't exactly set the world on fire likely due to the ability of the Rams to make things uncomfortable for him in the pocket. 

Tying this all back to Buffalo - It's interesting to point out that Allen was under the type of pressure Goff faced yesterday in EVERY SINGLY game he played.  If the Bills can improve the O-line to at least let Allen get a little bit more comfortable in the pocket the sky's the limit as to what we might see next season. 

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

Jared Goff is still a great QB.  He ran into a great defense and a HC who owns young QBs.  Give credit where it's due instead of blaming the young QB.

So Wade was actually the head coach?

4 hours ago, GRHater69 said:

I kept wondering how many times Josh Allen would have scrambled out or bought time to make a play. Goff was a statue in the headlights.

No doubt.  JA knows how to take over when his feature back runs for 35 yards 

On 2/4/2019 at 2:51 PM, RoyBatty is alive said:

I hope all you ignoramuses labeling California QBs as bad realize that a guy named Tom Brady is from CA. As is Aaron Rodgers, John Elway, Warren Moon, Norm Van Brocklin, Dan Fouts , Jim Plunkett etc etc etc. 

As is Rob Johnson, J.P. Loseman, Matt Leinart, Jimmy “The Emu” Clausen, Tony Eason, etc., etc., etc. 

( HOF left guard and teammate John Hannah once said “Tony Eason should be wearing a skirt!”)

BTW, no one said California QBs are wimps.  We (I) said Jarod Goff is a wimp.

15 minutes ago, The Senator said:

As is Rob Johnson, J.P. Loseman, Matt Leinart, Jimmy “The Emu” Clausen, Tony Eason, etc., etc., etc. 

( HOF left guard and teammate John Hannah once said “Tony Eason should be wearing a skirt!”)

BTW, no one said California QBs are wimps.  We (I) said Jarod Goff is a wimp.

Who can forget the biggest CA quarterback wimp of all:

GrizzledQuarterlyHorsechestnutleafminer.

• Haha (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

There's a conspiracy going around that the Pats had been messing with the language settings on Goff's earpiece, so all the pre-snap instructions from McVay were coming through in Spanish

They probably played it safe and went with a non-indo-european language in case Goff picked up on prefixes and suffixes and such.

Bill's a mastermind. He switched the translator to Navajo.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 2/4/2019 at 1:25 PM, Gugny said:

...I'd say Wade won the battle as far as defense....3-3 in the 3rd ain't too bad......McVay got schooled offensively by The Master....which he admitted to...........

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I can do both, personally.

Good point and me, too.  I just think that Belichick's defense had more to do with Goff looking terrible than Goff's lack of talent.  He definitely missed a few and the INT off the back foot was very bad.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/4/2019 at 2:31 PM, atomicpwrd said:

I was thinking the same thing...put Allen on that team, and they win.  Or at least score.

Did Allen deliver in a big game that would point to this? His main threat is his legs, and your crazy if you think BB wouldn't shut that down with 2 weeks of prep. 

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Good point and me, too.  I just think that Belichick's defense had more to do with Goff looking terrible than Goff's lack of talent.  He definitely missed a few and the INT off the back foot was very bad.

Goff's a great quarterback. For some reason sucking in the SB is worse than sucking on a sub .500 team with a terrible offense.. call it.. sucking on average vs playing phenomenal then sucking on the 19th game of the season to average out to a solid 30 ppg