What snacks and food are you doing for the Game?

mead107

I live by myself and I'm getting tired of eating food that requires a spoon (soup, chili, stew, ...).  I'm thinking of doing a brisket (> fork) and some mac/cheese.  The unfortunate thing is that I'll have to cook the brisket it in the oven.  No smoker and grill buried in snow at the moment.

We have a tradition in our house for the SB every year. We have food and drink that represents the cities playing in the game, and one thing from the host city. Yes, we are tired of NE cuisine. But it is good. We do all courses throughout the day. 

Representing LA:

avocado toast 

gin and juice 

french dip sandwiches (did you know it was invented in LA)? On La Brea baguette

california veggie burgers with copycat in and out sauce 

Representing NE:

NE coffee (Trader Joes had it)

lobster bisque

NE Clam chowder

cape cod chips

Fresh Lobster

sam adams

boston cream pie martini 

Representing Atlanta:

peach cobbler

we also have a playlist of songs from bands that are from all 3 cities, or are about the cities. There are so many from LA it was crazy.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Gugny said:

Meatlover's pizza

BBQ chicken pizza

Buffalo wings

Garlic/Parm wings

Jalapeno poppers with cheddar/cream cheese/bacon filling

Jalapeno poppers with chicken wing dip filling (my son's idea)

Chicken wing dip

Chips/bacon horseradish dip (Heluva - I'm not making the dip)

Do you make your own poppers? I tried a few recipes and have found one that I can get to come out consistently good.

Edited by RaoulDuke79

I am a trail mix guy.  Cashews, brazil nuts, walnuts, macademias, 75% chocolate covered almonds, shredded coconut, cinnamon, vanilla, honey, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, pinch cayenne, dried blueberries, dried mango, any and every dried fruit(organic that is, not the sugar infused craisin *****), lots else, those were first ingredients that came to mind.  It smells, looks, and tastes amazing!  And its a great snack no matter what time it is

20 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

you be preaching to the choir!!

That said, I have a  5 lb chuck roast in the sous vide now, in the middle of its 48-hour bath. Sunday it will get smoked for 3hrs, topped with pickled onions and nice texas sauce, and sliders will be the best ever!

Doing confit wings starting on Saturday..

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/01/ultimate-extra-crispy-double-fried-confit-buffalo-wings.html

and the party not even at my house!!!

Does the post sous-vide smoke come out nice?

The Super Bowl sucks. Just another Sunday.  Not going to watch, why give my time and money to a crooked, fixed league.

Unless it is the Bills where I could hope to see them stick it to the farce... Why bother?

It starts with the individual.  Don't go to the store and buy anything.  It would be fascinating to see the what that would do to the economy the Super Bowl generates. 

If you really want to change things... Stop playing into the vapid, gratuitous, over indulgent consumerist culture.  How much easier can it be with the Cheaters in the game... You know, fighting the urge to watch.

Everybody complains about this or that, but then they run right back to the trough, buying what they are selling.

Sorry for being Mr. Ray of Sunshine.

Enjoy the game! Strap on the feed bag.

On 1/31/2019 at 8:03 PM, Misterbluesky said:

It's estimated,in America alone,1.4 billion chicken wings will be consumed on sunday.

Are you the reporter from the [BN]competent that’s tasked to trot that story out every year, along with the chestnut that it’s the busiest day of the year for pizzerias?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
How the devil DO you spell ‘pizzeria’?!

3 hours ago, davefan66 said:

Pizza and wings.  Super imaginative.

Although, will be getting some crowlers of Thin Man Brewery’s Trial by Wombat....delicious.

I am a bit ashamed to admit I have the same creative menu planned. I have one buddy coming over, plus maybe my wife who is a very finicky eater. Hardly makes sense to do anything extravagant for two people. I think all the other folks here are just bragging that they actually have friends. Who’s pathetic now?  

OK, that could still be me......

?

• Haha (+1) 1