Danny Crossman is Back...And he’s coaching in the AFC EAST

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

i couldn't give 20 manic hours a day to something, even if i loved it 100% .

Hear, hear. Little thing called work/life balance that seems to fly out the window when the race is to be first in, last out at all costs. I remember Rob Ryan being so proud of the fact that he was sleeping at the office while working on the "All In" implementation of the Ryan D...that helped a lot, lol!

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2016/04/rob_ryan_has_been_sleeping_in_his_office_at_one_bills_drive.html

5 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Managing a 7-11 night shift, and coaching the Pop Warner team it sponsors counts as an ‘other offer’?

Nah...Gregg Williams had already promised him the Assistant to the Secretary of the Interior cabinet job, but then Williams decided to go with the Ny Jets defensive coordinator job, so that dried up on him...

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Hard lifestyle though unless you like very long hours and moving frequently.

Plenty lesser compensated career paths offer the same challenges- But I’m sure a desire to avoid hard work is a liability. 

Once in this club they can typically find work. 

On 1/29/2019 at 9:53 PM, Logic said:

It drives me crazy how incestuous the coaching and GM hires amongst the non-Patriots members of the AFC East are.  

Chan Gailey
Greg Williams
Adam Gase
Dowell Lagains
Rex Ryan
Danny Crossman
Mike Tenanbaum

I'm sure there are a bunch more that I'm missing. 

We all keep passing around the same failed coaches and personnel men. Meanwhile, the Patriots won their 174th consecutive AFC East championship this year.

Fun times.

To be fair, Gailey and William's are good co-ordinators and mediocre Head Coaches. 

The head scratchers to me are Gase and Ryan who were fired and then immediately hired for HC spots by division rivals. The teams hiring them had up close encounters with those coaches twice a year and still thought they would make the best choice for them to succeed. It's not like either have won anything substantial in their HCing careers to warrant giving them the chance right away. 

Crossman was not great here, its surprising to see him get hired to the same job somewhere in division also.