Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
PromoTheRobot

Some in NFL "concerned" 4 NFCC officials were from SoCal

Recommended Posts

 

 

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is this about the NFC Champoinship game or the Superbowl?

Edited by Foxx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was about the NFC championship.  Not really a story for the super bowl.  Plus not really a story for the NFC championship game as we all know LA doesn't have any Rams fans in it. 

  • Haha (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Foxx said:

is this about the NFC Champoinship game or the Superbowl?

 

It appears pretty clearly about last week. It was essentially an LA based crew with a former Ram/Falcon on it. Even if you aren’t one to think it biased, it shocks me that the nfl would be so obtuse as to allow these optics to exist in case they made a bad call favoring the rams.

  • Like (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

 

It appears pretty clearly about last week. It was essentially an LA based crew with a former Ram/Falcon on it. Even if you aren’t one to think it biased, it shocks me that the nfl would be so obtuse as to allow these optics to exist in case they made a bad call favoring the rams.

thanks. i was somewhat confused by the title of the thread and the tweet linked in the OP.

 

that said, i agree, bad optics all the way around. as the article said, they should have been assigned to the Pats/KC game. 

 

 

Who are the Super Bowl 53 game officials?

Edited by Foxx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

It was about the NFC championship.  Not really a story for the super bowl.  Plus not really a story for the NFC championship game as we all know LA doesn't have any Rams fans in it. 

That was my thought too. no way to assume they even care about the Rams winning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Or they can just hire the right people that will be the best job. 

 

I don’t disagree. But unless both crews have former rams on them it seems easy to just swap their flights and switch the assignments.

 

can you imagine this board if we host the AFCCG and lose on a call like that with 4 dudes from Boston and teddy bruschi is on the crew?!?

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Foxx said:

thanks. i was somewhat confused by the title of the thread and the tweet linked in the OP.

 

that said, i agree, bad optics all the way around. as the article said, they should have been assigned to the Pats/KC game. 

 

 

Who are the Super Bowl 53 game officials?

 

That's on me. Reading comprehension isn't my strong suit.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

 

That's on me. Reading comprehension isn't my strong suit.

meh, it happens to the best of us. i just wasn't quite sure what it was because i do know that the Super bowl is comprised of the Championship Games officials.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is about TV and Marketing Revenues, not about the local favorites.  That is absurd...follow the money.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yet the NFL isn't concerned about Patriots favorable calls from the black referee who was a lawyer for Bob Kraft!

 

If they are going to look into this they need to look into all refs that have a conflict of interest for all teams.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CNYfan said:

It is about TV and Marketing Revenues, not about the local favorites.  That is absurd...follow the money.

And when the local favorite happens to be a big market? It's pretty clear that the league messed up. Probably one of the worst no calls I've ever seen. One ref waving off the other, clearly not tipped, and the helmet to helmet. It looked like NFL Blitz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

And when the local favorite happens to be a big market? It's pretty clear that the league messed up. Probably one of the worst no calls I've ever seen. One ref waving off the other, clearly not tipped, and the helmet to helmet. It looked like NFL Blitz.

 

 

...cannot argue that....but the constant whining, lawsuits, demanding Goodell go public, talks about replaying the game?....seriously?.............Jesus, perfect pilot for new hit series, "Real Nags of Nawlins".........SMH....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

 

 

...cannot argue that....but the constant whining, lawsuits, demanding Goodell go public, talks about replaying the game?....seriously?.............Jesus, perfect pilot for new hit series, "Real Nags of Nawlins".........SMH....

I agree that the lawsuits and politicians are stupid. I don't know why people don't petition the owners because that's where a rule change will happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I agree that the lawsuits and politicians are stupid. I don't know why people don't petition the owners because that's where a rule change will happen.

 

....oops...forgot about that dopey politician in Louisiana chiming in......imagine the precedent it would set if the NFL EVERY agreed to replay the game?........where would you draw the line?......ANY game with highly questionable calls would follow with replay demands....no need for rules change...it was a blatantly missed PI AND helmet to helmet.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What rule needs to be changed? The problem was that they didnt make a call on an existing rule. Changing the rule wont help anything if they arent going to call the ones in place already.

 

As for the refs, no one would have even looked up where they were from if it wasnt for the one play. And if it wasnt for the one play no one would be complaining about their reffing of the game as it wasnt any different then a typical NFL game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

 

....oops...forgot about that dopey politician in Louisiana chiming in......imagine the precedent it would set if the NFL EVERY agreed to replay the game?........where would you draw the line?......ANY game with highly questionable calls would follow with replay demands....no need for rules change...it was a blatantly missed PI AND helmet to helmet.....

The game replay rule already exists and I'm not advocating for it. I've just thought it was always off that people went after Goodell. New rules and change happens through the owners, not him. The only thing I would like is maybe a trial of the college overtime. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

 

....oops...forgot about that dopey politician in Louisiana chiming in......imagine the precedent it would set if the NFL EVERY agreed to replay the game?........where would you draw the line?......ANY game with highly questionable calls would follow with replay demands....no need for rules change...it was a blatantly missed PI AND helmet to helmet.....

 

I am, at least academically, interested in what special circumstances would require utilizing the rule given that it’s on the books that a game can be restarted at the point of a call. 

 

Like does cash have to exchange hands publicly? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

What rule needs to be changed? The problem was that they didnt make a call on an existing rule. Changing the rule wont help anything if they arent going to call the ones in place already.

 

As for the refs, no one would have even looked up where they were from if it wasnt for the one play. And if it wasnt for the one play no one would be complaining about their reffing of the game as it wasnt any different then a typical NFL game.

People are pushing for PI to be reviewable. Again, I'm not advocating for it, but that's what they want. It's unfortunate that the play happened, but that doesn't mean the staffing wasn't idiotic. Making a mistake that doesn't get caught doesn't really excuse the mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

 

I am, at least academically, interested in what special circumstances would require utilizing the rule given that it’s on the books that a game can be restarted at the point of a call. 

 

Like does cash have to exchange hands publicly? 

 

.....freshly minted small bills without consecutive serial numbers should do it, right?............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The concern in LA, days before the NFCC game was that Bill Vinovich and his crew were 0-8 against the Rams. He was also the only ref to eject Aaron Donald.  Just fire the 2 officials that butchered the call.  I don't care where they were from, they should not be allowed to officiate again in the NFL. You blow a call that blatantly,  you're done.

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need full time officials, it's as easy as that. The crew that misses the least amount of call throughout the season should get to work thru the playoffs and super bowl and they should get paid very well for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...