Buffalo Sabres & NHL 2018-19: Sabres picking 7th overall (6/21/19). Ralph Krueger hire as new head coach!

BillsFan4

18 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Does anyone use SabresSpace?

As someone new to nhl fandom, looking for a suitable outlet 

used to..you should check it out. Some very knowledgeable people on that board. Different vibe than this board..not better, not worse, just different. See which one suits ya better!

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I don’t use Sabrespace but was thinking of creating an account. 

I only post here, but the only other places I know of are -

- reddit Sabres. https://www.reddit.com/r/sabres/

- HF boards Sabres - https://hfboards.mandatory.com/forums/buffalo-sabres.18/

- and the comment section over on hockeybuzz. Go to the one Sabres writer, Michael Pachla’s columns and click on the comment section. There is always a lively discussion going on there and they even claim to have a couple Sabres insiders (though I’m not as sure about it as others are). 

https://www.hockeybuzz.com/

Head up his ass Eichel showed up so far. He needs to bear down and join  rest of the team in a good effort to this point.

Our PP is a momentum killer and the Leafs PK got their crowd into it.

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Head up his ass Eichel showed up so far. He needs to bear down and join  rest of the team in a good effort to this point.

Like I was saying...

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Like I was saying...

Terrible first PP but overall very good period for the good guys. They controlled play for the most part.

10 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Like I was saying...

Say it again please.

You’d think we’d make an adjustment on defending the long stretch pass, but no answer seems to be forthcoming. Why is that?

Eichel got his head out of his ass just in time for everyone else to screw the pooch. 

This team is Charmin soft. 

9 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Phil pulls Hutton as if those goals were solely on bad tending of the net? Idts. Aren’t you a defensive guru?! Yet your guys are constantly turning the puck over in zone and out of position

I think he pulled Hutton to light a fire under his lifeless, clueless team. I don’t think it was dissatisfaction with Hutton so much as sending a message to the rest of the team.

Third period will tell us a lot.

9 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I think he pulled Hutton to light a fire under his lifeless, clueless team. I don’t think it was dissatisfaction with Hutton so much as sending a message to the rest of the team.

Third period will tell us a lot.

Wrong move, imo. It’s similar to pulling Tyrod two years ago. He wasn’t the greatest and pulling him didn’t make the rest of the offense suddenly wake up and play at a better level. 

This is to me feels like a scapegoat or a cop out. I’d rather see him at a time out, settle his guys and reconfigure his lines. 

Then again, maybe that’s common practice in hockey idk 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Wrong move, imo. It’s similar to pulling Tyrod two years ago. He wasn’t the greatest and pulling him didn’t make the rest of the offense suddenly wake up and play at a better level. 

This is to me feels like a scapegoat or a cop out. I’d rather see him at a time out, settle his guys and reconfigure his lines. 

Then again, maybe that’s common practice in hockey idk 

Good points. This team has far worse problems than goaltending to be sure. 

3 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

used to..you should check it out. Some very knowledgeable people on that board. Different vibe than this board..not better, not worse, just different. See which one suits ya better!

Just don’t show up and immediately act like an a-hole 24/7. There’s a bit of that going on lately. 

12 minutes ago, shrader said:

Just don’t show up and immediately act like an a-hole 24/7. There’s a bit of that going on lately. 

Is it still so cliquish over there? Haven’t been there in a long long time.

Oh well. Bad puck luck. 

We are just not ready for prime time.

I don’t think the Leafs are either. As great as they are offensively (and they are a fricken juggernaut), they are that much worse on the back end. Not built for a long cup run. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, K-9 said:

Oh well. Bad puck luck. 

We are just not ready for prime time.

I don’t think the Leafs are either. As great as they are offensively (and they are a fricken juggernaut), they are that much worse on the back end. Not built for a long cup run. 

Yep..but posts abounded tonight. Good effort for the most part, actually feel a bit sorry for them.

18 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Yep..but posts abounded tonight. Good effort for the most part, actually feel a bit sorry for them.

I don’t feel sorry for them in the least. I think they’ve spent enough time feeling sorry for themselves already, which is one of the things I can’t stand about Housley. His post game pressers in games like this are always a litany of things that didn’t just didn’t go our way. I don’t need him to tell me we hit posts, we missed wide open opportunities, we had bad bounces, etc. There are no moral victories. We lost. End of story. 

That said, they played a defensively deficient Toronto team very well. It was a fun game to watch.