Josh Allen has been working with Jordan Palmer with McDermott's blessing

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

2 barely nfl QBs came in off the street and completed 60% of their passes at a higher ypa than Allen with the same team.

he needs to become a more accurate passer. I can’t believe this is even being argued.  

THIS. This is what I mean when I say you refuse to engage in warrants and instead just repeat the same old mantras.  THIS is what makes you impossible, easily dismissable, and lacking in any credibility. 

3 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Dude...youre gonna cite to Anderson?  The Barkley game was a product of him hitting deep over the top throws; the remainder were dump offs underneath.  The ypa was artificially elevated by the deep shots.  If there is a knock on Allen it is that he doesn't throw underneath.  This of course explains why he can look more accurate than 52% and still have the low completion percentage.  But, again, its a point you refuse to engage, choosing instead to continue to repeat that he is simply inaccurate.  

He's not particularly good yet at throwing underneath. Needs to get the ball out quicker and develop a bit more touch. I'll betcha this is exactly what he's working on with Palmer.

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

All of his JUCO wrs were terrible and it was a very tough conference. 

College of the Redwoods and Monterey Peninsula field some top notch defenses; I'll grant you that.

Like you, I don't understand why this is even a debate. I think we all know he needs to work on his short game. Or at least I thought we did.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

THIS. This is what I mean when I say you refuse to engage in warrants and instead just repeat the same old mantras.  THIS is what makes you impossible, easily dismissable, and lacking in any credibility. 

Huh?  Trust me, I used to be a huge homer.  It was great.  But how is citing 2 guys, who weren’t in the nfl at the beginning of the season, having better passer stats than Allen not valid?  

I feel like there there is some cult here that just ignores all evidence.  Allen has never been an accurate passer.  He is very fast, works hard, and has a cannon.  But the lack of accuracy made him a polarizing prospect.

again, if he was on the Jets, we would laugh at him.  I hope he becomes a 60% passer who limits his turnovers because he could be special.  But he is a lot risky than other top qb prospects.  Silly to argue that.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Huh?  Trust me, I used to be a huge homer.  It was great.  But how is citing 2 guys, who weren’t in the nfl at the beginning of the season, having better passer stats than Allen not valid?  

I feel like there there is some cult here that just ignores all evidence.  Allen has never been an accurate passer.  He is very fast, works hard, and has a cannon.  But the lack of accuracy made him a polarizing prospect.

again, if he was on the Jets, we would laugh at him.  I hope he becomes a 60% passer who limits his turnovers because he could be special.  But he is a lot risky than other top qb prospects.  Silly to argue that.

If Josh were on the Jets, it'd be understandable as to why you'd laugh at him.  As a Bills fan...

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So how is it when Bills fans laugh at Josh Rosen you get all defensive.  One can argue you are in some Rosen Cult!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

So how is it when Bills fans laugh at Josh Rosen you get all defensive.  One can argue you are in some Rosen Cult!

Huh? They are both rookie qbs who need to get better.  I do think the Cards took a major step in helping Rosen improve by their coaching change.  

It would be great if they both turn out to be good. Good QBs is great for the NFL.

35 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Was this supposed to be a response to a different post? It doesn't make sense in the context of what I am saying. 

47 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Please explain. Why is the percentage of times your pass is caught by the receiver not an important stat?

Because there are multiple variables that affect that, and not just the QB.  As a team stat is maybe important.  As a stat to assess QB play it doesn't mean much.

50 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

2 barely nfl QBs came in off the street and completed 60% of their passes at a higher ypa than Allen with the same team.

he needs to become a more accurate passer. I can’t believe this is even being argued.  

Accuracy and completion percentage are not the same.  This has been explained countless times on this board, but you continue to think the sky is purple.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/23/2019 at 9:51 AM, Heitz said:

Have the people that feel that way EVER tried to improve at something through practice with a "coach" or "teacher".  

Their "how to post dumbass hot takes on message boards" coaches seem to be making a difference...

• Haha (+1) 1

I've come to the conclusion that Rosen is trash, so I don't think about the right/wrong Josh debate anymore. It's more about Darnold/Mayfield, and yes, even Jackson.

I could see Kingsbury working some magic and making Rosen look servicable kind of like Nagy did with Trubisky, but neither are any good IMO.

Edited by LSHMEAB

Let's hope the Bills running game can help this kid out.

And McCoy still being the guy is troublesome. His dancing does not mesh with Josh Allen's abilities.

The Bills need a RB that hits the hole hard to really help Allen's development.

On 1/23/2019 at 5:18 AM, TPS said:

It's all about the proper footwork.

However, If you don't start with the proper technique, then It's analogous to changing your golf swing: with enough practice and repetition you can do it; but, there will be times when you revert to what was natural before, especially in pressure situations. 

Agree.

That muscle-memory is way important to Allen because he can launch it from bad platforms and often still get it near where it needs to go so there is probably a tendency to fall back on his arm strength too often.

He also needs to keep working on those the pre-snap defensive reads to get a better idea where he can go with the quicker throws, when teams play off and take away the deeper stuff. I think that will come along gradually, it will just take more time behind center and in the film room.

With the better mechanics and knowing where to go, the timing and placement get better, not that they were horrible to begin with. Those swing, flair, or wheel routes to the right could be ugly at times when he did not reset his feet or seemed to over-think the mechanics - yet he threw a perfect swing pass to Kyle on the right side at the end of the season, with a lot of pressure to not screw up Kyle's one career chance to catch an NFL pass. I like the kid's moxy, and I believe he's progressing.

Now if he just had the support of a real running game, wasn't dodging and scrambling away from pressure .9 seconds after the snap, and his receivers held onto the ball we could maybe stack up some wins next year :)

Good to see the kid is working at his craft.

• Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I've come to the conclusion that Rosen is trash, so I don't think about the right/wrong Josh debate anymore. It's more about Darnold/Mayfield, and yes, even Jackson.

I could see Kingsbury working some magic and making Rosen look servicable kind of like Nagy did with Trubisky, but neither are any good IMO.

Neither Josh is any good?  And Jackson is?  LOL!

1 minute ago, mattynh said:

Completion percentage and accuracy are correlated.  You talk about them like they are independend variables.  

Yeah, no they're not.  If a QB throws a good pass to a WR and he drops it, his accuracy is 100% but his completion percentage is 0.  Capiche?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Neither Josh is any good?  And Jackson is?  LOL!

Why in the world are you guys so sensitive? I included Allen in the conversation. And yes, Jackson should be included as well. The only declarative OPINION was that Rosen was trash. Holy smokes!

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Why in the world are you guys so sensitive? I included Allen in the conversation. And yes, Jackson should be included as well. The only declarative OPINION was that Rosen was trash. Holy smokes!

My bad.  I read "but neither is any good IMO" as being about Rosen and Allen.  I guess you meant (Rosen and) Trubisky, which I find surprising.

• Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Completion percentage and accuracy are correlated.  You talk about them like they are independend variables.  

Really?  What's the correlation coefficient?  What variables affect completion percentage than have no effect whatsoever on accuracy?  The answer to the latter:  a lot.