Insurance bet for a pain free Patriots game

13 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Where are you going for that steak dinner?

I would limit it to Outback.  Pocket the rest.

If most of the posters on this thread don't understand how much money you just won on a $200 bet, your family certainly won't either.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I see you gamble a lot more than me.

He said he risked $200 to win $270.  

Sounds like you are saying that he really risked $200 to win $470.

$200 goes out, but $470 comes back if the Patriots win.  If I understand what you are saying correctly.

This thread is making this more complicated than it needs to be.

The op is betting $200 to win $270. The $200 dollar bet is the size of the wager. 

The $200 Bet doesn’t require money physically changing hands, it can be done through a credit system. 

If he loses, he then owes $220 (bet plus standard 10% vig*). If he wins, he is owed $270. 

*The vig is a “tax” charged to the loser of a wager. This is a fee the book chargers that acts as their source of revenue. You see, when you place a bet with a book you aren’t actually betting against the book but other gamblers. The book acts as the intermediator 

Ideally, a book will take equal action on a game, meaning equal dollar amount wagered on both teams. By doing this they guarantee themselves the revenue generated by the vig. If the money wagered on one team is more than the other, the book is essentially betting on the team with less money behind it because if the other team wins, the book has to cover the winning bets out of their own pocket.

see? It’s simple ?

Edited by Shortchaz

14 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Well I can't stand the thought of the Pats being in the bowl, so I placed an insurance bet risking $200 to win $270 on the Pats money line (NE to win outright).

I'm prayin they lose, but if they don't at least i'm takin the family out for a steak dinner on the Boston Whiners.

Pain Management.  Thought I'd share.

This is the kind of stuff I do, I will take my 800$ from working my double shift today and make this exact bet. The Rams have no chance in this game, Goff is going to choke his chicken in this game, bank on it.

12 hours ago, Warcodered said:

So did it work or do you just feel dirty now?

You called it.   I DO feel dirty now.    

Im not collecting it, just gonna ride it on a bunch of prop bets with the kids for fun during the superbowl.    

As a die hard Bills fan, a free dinner from Brady will taste like dog**** anyway

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

This line is ridiculous as the mystique of the Pats causes the public to overestimate them every Superbowl..  The Rams are a better team and should be favored by at least a point.  

you know that's not what it means, right?