For Bills Fans In Other Markets, What is your relationship to your local team?

Out of town fans  

185 members have voted

1. 1. What is your relationship to the team that is local to you?

• They're my favorite team, Bills are #2
    • Close second to the Bills
    • Distant second to Bills
    • Mostly indifferent
    • Can't stand them

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

Live just outside Indy.  I hope the Colts do well now, because I have a lot of friends that are Colts fans.  But  I never watch them during the regular season, nor do I ever attend any of their games (unless the Bills are in town).

Dude, with F. Reight as their HC, I think a lot of Bills fans want them to win the SB this year. 

Living in PGH the Steelers are my #2 team (unless their winning impacts the Bills).  And it's been funny to see how dysfunctional they have been this year.  Makes the Bills look very very well run (they are, but for those who complain about the Bills drama, try AB and L. Bell and Big Whiney Ben).   There are players to like on the team (Watt, Villunavua, Foster, DeCastro, Connor, etc). 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t have a local team per se.  closest are Browns and Bengals, and after 25+ years here, I’m still completely indifferent.

I can't stand the Browns.  It drives me nuts they are the "local" team.  I never understood why Columbus just couldn't be viewed as an oasis of sorts with the Steelers / Colts / Lions being "local" too and just giving us the games of the week on CBS.

Grew up in Philly, lived in Philly for some time, now in Seattle - growing up in Philly made me a Philly fan outside of the Bills and Sabres, but made me a philly type of fan always, for better or worse. I'll always feel Philly as my home, but I'm rather indifferent to the Eagles. That being said, I find myself routing for them when I'm not otherwise invested, or anytime they play the Pats, Cowboys, Giants, or other division rival.

I haven't been in Seattle long enough to have the same ties to the city, and very well may never comparably, but I still love the fanbase here and the Seahawks are a fun team to cheer for in the right circumstances. But would have to say I'm certainly indifferent there as well.

Man, I go all over the map on this. They were my 2nd favorite team for a while. Now, their fans (ie my friends) annoy the **** out of me. The party was great for the last Super Bowl and I anticipate it will be again. At the same time I don’t want to have to listen to these ****heads for the next 13 months. I went mostly indifferent. Great topic!!!

10 minutes ago, dubs said:

I lived in Boston from 1999 to 2012. I started of kind of being happy to support the Pats when they were not playing the Bills or it didn’t have any impact on the Bills, see first super bowl. By the time 2008 or so rolled around I despised the Patriots more than any other professional sports team. 

Then moved to Chicago in 2012 and genuinely like the Bears and their fans. 

I was stationed in Groton 1998-2002 and felt bad for my New England friends.  I even occasionally rooted for the Patriots to make them feel better, when it didn't affect the Bills.

Then when NE got good, those same "friends" gave me endless crap about being a Bills fan.  Obnoxiously so.

I now hate the Patriots like no other.

• Like (+1) 4

voted mostly indifferent, I'm in Bridgeport, CT; I got the Giants whom I could care less about, the Jets who I care about twice a year and the Pats who as far as I'm concerns can lose every game and I'd still not like them.  For me it's Bills or nothing.

• Like (+1) 3

I think the biggest reason I can't seem to adopt the Texans as a #2 team is the fanbase is so fairweather. When I first moved here in 2010, hardly saw any Texans gear. In comes JJ Watt, and all of a sudden they've all been fans their whole life. The local news station had a poll asking what you're favorite team was. I think the Texans go like 65-70%. Buffalo wouldn't even have to take that poll, and if the did, I guarentee it'd be 90-95%.

I became an Astros fan when I moved here, mostly because I'm a huge baseball fan. They sucked, so I could go to just about any game I wanted, save for opening day, or when the Yankees or Red Sox were in town, for about $5. Sat where ever I wanted in the mostly empty stadium. Now that they're good, everybody is a fan, and claims to have been a fan the whole time, ever since Biggio and Bagwell. Where were these people between the two eras? I'll admit I wasn't a fan of the late 90s- early 00s teams, because I didn't live here. But where were you people when Bud Norris was the #1 pitcher? 

I lived in Colorado and now in Utah. It's all Broncos country. I am indifferent. Don't like any team but the Bills. I hate a few teams, though, such as the division opponents, Jags, and somewhat the Cowboys.

Actually I liked the Broncos when they had Manning, but that had nothing to do with the Broncos. I'm just a Peyton Manning fan.

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

I lived in Colorado and now in Utah. It's all Broncos country. I am indifferent. Don't like any team but the Bills. I hate a few teams, though, such as the division opponents, Jags, and somewhat the Cowboys.

Actually I liked the Broncos when they had Manning, but that had nothing to do with the Broncos. I'm just a Peyton Manning fan.

is JA as big in CO as he is in WY?  If so you could be seeing a Broncos-Bills game in Denver...

52 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I'm curious as to what portion of the posters here are not in WNY.

Was wondering the same thing. There are a few Bills fans here in new england that became fans in the early 90's when the pats sucked.

Just now, Chris66 said:

Was wondering the same thing. There are a few Bills fans here in new england that became fans in the early 90's when the pats sucked.

In my case, I lived in Buffalo until age 10, so the VAST majority of my fanhood was spent outside of WNY.

1 minute ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

is JA as big in CO as he is in WY?  If so you could be seeing a Broncos-Bills game in Denver...

Why would he be big in Colorado? Colorado has their own college football teams too.

17 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Dude, with F. Reight as their HC, I think a lot of Bills fans want them to win the SB this year. 

Living in PGH the Steelers are my #2 team (unless their winning impacts the Bills).  And it's been funny to see how dysfunctional they have been this year.  Makes the Bills look very very well run (they are, but for those who complain about the Bills drama, try AB and L. Bell and Big Whiney Ben).   There are players to like on the team (Watt, Villunavua, Foster, DeCastro, Connor, etc). 

Dude, F Reight?  Liquid lunch today???

I told friends here they would love having Frank as their HC.  Doing a great job for them.

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Dude, F Reight?  Liquid lunch today??? 

I told friends here they would love having Frank as their HC.  Doing a great job for them.

Wish I was having a liquid lunch!   Having "typing to fast" issues.  Reich!

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

In my case, I lived in Buffalo until age 10, so the VAST majority of my fanhood was spent outside of WNY.

I have lived my whole life in the west. I've only been to Buffalo once. But my dad is from Buffalo so I inherited the team.

I came to a game a few years ago in December. The Bills played the Rams (and lost). But it was an awesome trip.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I’ll tell you in 1.5 years when the Raiders officially make the move to Vegas.  Always hated them before.  I enjoy Gruden and I think he’s doing the right thing with that team but going full rebuild.  I hate that they took Mayock from NFLN.  When it finally happens, they’ll either be my most hated team (based on how corny the golden knights games are) or my 2nd favorite team.  Either way, Go Bills and ef everyone else

That will be a weird deal. Most people in Vegas are from somewhere else, I assume. No deep loyalty there like in WNY, the Steelers, etc. But you have a zillion people coming and going all the time, and sure, I’d hit a game while I was there. Will that be the weakest homefield advantage in the league? 

(I’d personally dislike them, but that’s just a Gruden thing for me.) 

I lived in Miami when Marino was king.  My son adopted them, but I hated them.

I lived in DC when Redskins won two of their three superbowls.  I rooted for them the first time when they beat Denver, then we lost to them and I hated all the obnoxious skins fans.

I lived in Chicago when the Bulls were great and the Bears were not, so didn't really root one way or the other. 

Moved to New England in early 2001 just in time for Superbowl run.  I was OK when they won the first time, but really hated them after that.

Now I'm in SC where the local teams are all several hours away.  Its been tough being a Bills fan, but I usually meet fans who moved here and are still fiercely loyal.

• Like (+1) 1