For Bills Fans In Other Markets, What is your relationship to your local team?

Out of town fans  

185 members have voted

1. 1. What is your relationship to the team that is local to you?

• They're my favorite team, Bills are #2
    • Close second to the Bills
    • Distant second to Bills
    • Mostly indifferent
    • Can't stand them

Being from Long Island, I hate the jets and giants. Both fan bases are dumber than a box of rocks. But, giants fans are just douches and I’m talking about my family mainly. “Wide right, always a brides maid never the bride, and no one wants to play in buffalo.” 

• Like (+1) 1

I hate the Deadskins.  One Halloween I hung a scarecrow from a tree wearing a Deadskin jersey and local kids would beat it like a pinata. I encouraged it a little putting candy in pockets.  Next year the same scarecrow was out and a kid said to his friend "watch this" and picked up a branch on ground and went to beat scarecrow.  The did not notice scarecrow was standing on a stump and when kid went beat scarecrow the scarecrow stepped down and yelled "Deadskins suck!".  Kids took off like they saw a ghost.  I was wearing the scarecrow costume.

• Haha (+1) 1

Live in Seattle area and I do in fact like the Seahawks, always have. My older Brother who was born in Buffalo has always been a diehard Seahawks fan for some reason, so I've always liked them too. They're a distant second to the Bills though, but if the Bills ever leave Buffalo (don't see it ever happening) the Hawks will become my #1.

3 hours ago, WhoTom said:

Ever hear Solomon Wilcots call a Bills game?

2 hours ago, from_dunkirk said:

No. Why?

He's getting better, but he used to pronounce it "Bee-iws". Then he started getting the L sound right, and eventually got it to a single syllable that sounds more like I than E.

The Eagles! Very close to my heart! But I've been a Bills fan since the 80's ... & I'll always root for them against the Eagles!  But it's the Birds over everyone else except them Bills 

• Like (+1) 1

I live in the Charlotte area... and I'll admit, it was fun when the Panthers went on their run a few years back, and I'll certainly admit I was pulling for them in the SB. I think it would have been amazing for this city. But for the most part, I couldn't care less about them. I can't freaking stand cam newton.

that, and my friends that are panthers fans aren't obnoxious douches about it.

5 hours ago, Haslett_Stomp said:

I've lived almost exactly half-way between Boston and NYC for the past 15 years and lived outside Boston for 10 years before that.  Prime Pats*** and Jints country.  Need I say more?

Oh, and I have a Pats*** bride, though I keep her because her all-time favorite Patriot is Steve Grogan.

4 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I don't mind true Patriots* fans. The ones who have been there as a fan their whole life, through thick and thin. Same with Red Sox fans. But both fan bases grew back in the early 2000's for obvious reasons. The ones that all of a sudden became die hards are the ones that are jackasses. 

I took my then college girlfriend to a Bills/Pats* game at Rich Stadium in 1987.  I believe the Pats* ended the Bills' playoff hopes and two Sundays every fall have been contentious ever since!

I live an hour south of Denver. The Broncos are the talk of the town; however, it is nice to have a pro baseball, basketball, and hockey team that are all decent; however, I'm not a fan of any of these teams either.

Local talk radio and online news articles are filled with the typical local statements that are completely subjective such as "the backup LG is ready to make a leap to stardom, or Elway is a rising GM."  Elway was a hell of a quarterback, and he is a solid businessman (car dealerships, restaurants, etc.); however, Elway is a crappy GM, and he would not be hired or even considered as a GM by any other team. He is only in the position because of his popularity in Denver as a former player and celebrity.

Broncos fans talk a lot about the Mike Shanahan days and how great they were recently (a great defense and luck of getting the last years of Peyton Manning); however, they won't be going anywhere soon. Much like the Rockies and the Nuggets in their sports, the Broncos are a 6-10 to 9-7 team that has a few good divisional games with the Chargers, Raiders, and Chiefs. These games lead to interesting conversations; otherwise, I'm indifferent.

I have my Bills flag out during the season. Colorado Springs is a military town, so I see a lot of flags of other teams besides the Broncos. Rare to find a Bills flag flying around though.

• Like (+1) 1

I’ve lived outside of Detroit, in Houston, and now in New Orleans. Was mostly indifferent about Lions and Texans, kinda like the locals. I watch Saints games with interest as my wife and her family are New Orleanians and the city lives and dies with the team, much like Buffalo. Their success is not something I’m emotionally invested in as I am with the Bills, however, and I can’t imagine a day when it ever would be. I also find their fans to be a bit delusional at times, kinda like the SNL Chicago superfans without the same perceived football knowledge. 

17 hours ago, skibum said:

I live in Maine. I hate the Patriots so very much. Patriots fans are the only thing I really hate about living here; every other negative about Maine (isolation, rampant poverty, lack of culture) is relatively minor to me, especially in light of what a beautiful place this is. I won't go to the bar when the Pats game is on; I have been aggressively harassed and threatened just for being a Bills fan, even when (especially when) the Pats are throttling us. The accent just makes it worse. They are the worst fans in sports. And the wings suck, and of course they serve them with Ranch. 

I am STILL trying to find decent wings in CT! Typically, the ones around here are rubbery - not crispy - and SMALL, more the size of pigeon wings! 

15 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

Being from Long Island, I hate the jets and giants. Both fan bases are dumber than a box of rocks. But, giants fans are just douches and I’m talking about my family mainly. “Wide right, always a brides maid never the bride, and no one wants to play in buffalo.” 

Yep - "Classy" Jersey Giants fans just can't resist the Wide Right jab. I enjoy reminding them that there is only ONE NFL team in New York State. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Moose said:

Yep - "Classy" Jersey Giants fans just can't resist the Wide Right jab. I enjoy reminding them that there is only ONE NFL team in New York State. 

I do the same, and usually get the rebuttal, “well, your team sucks! Durrrrr.” 

• Haha (+1) 1

My local team is the Seattle Seahawks. They don't play in the same division as the Bills, they don't play in the same conference as the Bills. I was able to get season tickets. I don't go to a single game anymore because I make so much money out of them and I would be missing the Bills game on TV. Totally different market. I even make money on preseason games. They are a distant second favorite team. I like coach Carroll and Russell Wilson a lot though.