Game of Thrones - And Now Our Watch Has Ended!

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Same here but it does sound like GOO Go. 

Nice fan theory either way.  

I thought that too but with the quick rewind/ replay Jorah throws his arm out pushing her back.  

Nice fan theory from some butt-hurt Jon Snow fans trying to take credit away from Arya.:D

(not talking about anyone in here, just the one’s who started it).

2 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

so that stupid make believe blog post proves what?

some people like to waste more time on this than i can afford to

it's a TV show

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, section122 said:

It doesn't prove anything.

It is attempting to show that earlier seasons had some of the same "issues" that people are bemoaning about this season.  That the earlier seasons weren't as perfect as many of the criticisms of this season pretend them to be.

That's all.  It's parody.  It says in the title it is parody.  I posted it as parody.  Parody.

Yes but the Azor Ahai... THE BOOKS... THE BOOKS  ?

As I've posted earlier, people just want the NK story arc to be the most important and since it's ended not the way people wanted, they are upset.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, section122 said:

This is a pretty funny link about how fans have gone off the rails:

This show is suffering from giving fans 2 years to theorize and hype up this last season.  It will be disappointing for many when things don't happen like they want them to or how they thought it would go.  My friend gave me the best advice this season, watch with no expectations.  Just enjoy it because it will all be over soon.  People want to blame D&D and talk about how better it was when they were still pulling from Martin but here is season 2 episode 9 being broken down like people are with the long night.  Enjoy it as a parody but it does raise some good points.

Good find. Like most things in entertainment, the over-entitled fans who think they are qualified critics because they can post on the internet, are the worst part.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Good find. Like most things in entertainment, the over-entitled fans who think they are qualified critics because they can post on the internet, are the worst part.

they have been helpful and entertaining through the years, at times

Jon did not help Arya. He was just trying to get to Bran and going for broke. He doesn't even know that Arya can fight.

She had already made her way to the Godwood in stealth mode. The dragon throwing a hissy fit in the courtyard was the least of her worries.

18 hours ago, section122 said:

This show is suffering from giving fans 2 years to theorize and hype up this last season.  It will be disappointing for many when things don't happen like they want them to or how they thought it would go.  My friend gave me the best advice this season, watch with no expectations.  Just enjoy it because it will all be over soon.  People want to blame D&D and talk about how better it was when they were still pulling from Martin but here is season 2 episode 9 being broken down like people are with the long night.  Enjoy it as a parody but it does raise some good points.

I think "Battle of the Bastards" and "Winds of Winter" set the standard at the end of Season 6 as they were hyped episodes that somehow exceeded epectations.  Anything less of that quality will be a disappointment.  I loved some parts of the last episode and was dissapointed with others.  It wasn't on par with those episodes though.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I think "Battle of the Bastards" and "Winds of Winter" set the standard at the end of Season 6 as they were hyped episodes that somehow exceeded epectations.  Anything less of that quality will be a disappointment.  I loved some parts of the last episode and was dissapointed with others.  It wasn't on par with those episodes though.  

Agreed. It was beautifully made, but for me, the biggest issue with ths last episode was that they have been leading up to this "battle with the dead" for 7 seasons....it was slightly anti-climactic. It seemed, to me, to be what the entire series was building up to. I didn't hate it, like some, I just thought it was a kind of underwhelming climax to a key storyline. Battle of the Bastards is still the best of the all-out battle episodes.

6 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Agreed. It was beautifully made, but for me, the biggest issue with ths last episode was that they have been leading up to this "battle with the dead" for 7 seasons....it was slightly anti-climactic. It seemed, to me, to be what the entire series was building up to. I didn't hate it, like some, I just thought it was a kind of underwhelming climax to a key storyline. Battle of the Bastards is still the best of the all-out battle episodes.

Slightly? They let Arya get by the WW guard, who someone said looks like the current lineup of the Doobie Brothers.

the show is spinning 25 plates and....  it’s just a TV shoe....

11 hours ago, row_33 said:

Slightly? They let Arya get by the WW guard, who someone said looks like the current lineup of the Doobie Brothers.

the show is spinning 25 plates and....  it’s just a TV shoe....

Part of her training was to move around undetected so that part makes sense.  That's why they showed her skills of her not being heard by the wights in the library.  What doesn't make sense is her flying through the air as if she jumped off a trampoline to a Night King who you think would be quicker to make his kill considering the goal he's been working towards for 10,000 years was about to be achieved.  

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Part of her training was to move around undetected so that part makes sense.  That's why they showed her skills of her not being heard by the wights in the library.  What doesn't make sense is her flying through the air as if she jumped off a trampoline to a Night King who you think would be quicker to make his kill considering the goal he's been working towards for 10,000 years was about to be achieved.  

When it happened, I thought he immediately killed her before realizing that he only had a grasp of her neck and arm.

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

It's the old Hollywood trick.  Have sure victory snatched away because of grandstanding. 

I was hoping that the Lord of Light would make an appearance and win the war.  It seemed that that story line had been building for this moment.

24 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

When it happened, I thought he immediately killed her before realizing that he only had a grasp of her neck and arm.

I think a lot of those complaining the show has jumped the shark would've been happier with that outcome.  Maybe Jon sneaking up from behind with his sword after Arya died to kill the Night King would be more consistent with the show.  A major character dies sacrificing herself and "The Prince Who was Promised" killed the Night King.

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

It's the old Hollywood trick.  Have sure victory snatched away because of grandstanding. 

I was hoping that the Lord of Light would make an appearance and win the war.  It seemed that that story line had been building for this moment.

Yup.  The Viper made the same mistake against the Mountain.  It will be interesting to me when I'm 90 and GRRM finally gets his final two books out if that's how the Night King (who isn't even a character in the books yet) meets his demise.

Melisandre was a conduit for the Lord of Light who's struggled throughout her life interpreting his/her signs until the very end.  Without her Jon wouldn't have been alive to organize the various factions to band together to fight the Dead's army.  She and Beric (who Thoros had brought back to life repeatedly) helped get Arya to that place and time to kill the Night King. 

19 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

I love you man.

?

10 hours ago, Doc said:

If you believe the prevailing fan-theories, he did. Since Bran is the Lord of Light.

10 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

First thought was she was in big trouble 

10 hours ago, Doc said:

Maybe Arya will become the lord of light.   Or the hound.  LOL. 

16 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

I am so excited to see talking in tonights episode...

Lol.  

Yeah. 100 minutes worth.   

Maybe the Children reappear and turn the ?s to Ents to fight in kings landing  

11 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Yup.  The Viper made the same mistake against the Mountain.  It will be interesting to me when I'm 90 and GRRM finally gets his final two books out if that's how the Night King (who isn't even a character in the books yet) meets his demise.

Melisandre was a conduit for the Lord of Light who's struggled throughout her life interpreting his/her signs until the very end.  Without her Jon wouldn't have been alive to organize the various factions to band together to fight the Dead's army.  She and Beric (who Thoros had brought back to life repeatedly) helped get Arya to that place and time to kill the Night King. 

That's exactly what I was thinking of/talking about (at least WRT this show).  As for GRRM's final two books, I wonder if there will be the enthusiasm for them now that the series is over?

And to me, the NK is a god, so having another god fight him would have made more sense.  But whatever.

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

?

If you believe the prevailing fan-theories, he did. Since Bran is the Lord of Light.

I can't see Bran being both the TER and the LoL.  I'm guessing that since the LoL didn't make an appearance then, he won't and will just continue to work through people.