WR Duke Williams of CFL’s Eskimos Signs with Bills

LEBills

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I love hype!  And if KK goes 10-6 in back to back years with the Cards like Kelly did,  I’m sure they will be happy.

Sure. The odds of that happening?  Not good. 

New article by Fairburn in the Athletic (subscription)

Meet Duke Williams, the Bills’ newest receiver ‘brimming with talent’ through the eyes of his former coaches

https://theathletic.com/763203/2019/01/11/meet-duke-williams-the-bills-newest-receiver-brimming-with-talent-through-the-eyes-of-his-former-coaches/

some excerpts- 

“You could tell he was brimming with talent but was very raw,” Eskimos offensive coordinator Jordan Maksymic said. “It was easy to tell in that first camp that he was a tremendous athlete. He caught everything thrown in his direction. But he was also extremely raw. We really had to work on getting the details down.”

“He became a big part of blocking in the run game and we asked him to do that just because of his size and aggressive nature. He loves contact. He doesn’t shy away from contact. I don’t know what they’re going to ask him to do in Buffalo, but I know he’s going to be up to the task whether it’s as a wide receiver or if they ask him to be closer to the line, more involved in the blocking game or running game.”

“The biggest thing that stands out about Duke is his passion,” Maksymic said. “He’s a passionate player. He loves the game of football. He loves preparing to play the game of football."

Edited by One Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This guy's going to be a great WR next year. Calling. It. Give me some of that early Skydiver take on Foster love when it happens. I'll be sure to take a victory lap. If it doesn't. Who cares y'all won't remember it. He's some CFL scrub with this thread and my hot take buried in the archives.

I can't lose hehe.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/11/2019 at 3:14 PM, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

This guy's going to be a great WR next year. Calling. It. Give me some of that early Skydiver take on Foster love when it happens. I'll be sure to take a victory lap. If it doesn't. Who cares y'all won't remember it. He's some CFL scrub with this thread and my hot take buried in the archives.

I can't lose hehe.

You lost just by telling us that

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/7/2019 at 6:12 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

LOL...twice now you’ve called Star an offensive lineman. 

Yeah, LOL, and you said he was good.  

Bigger error?  

And that's what your argument has boiled down to?  LMAO  

You know what they say about holes, the more you dig the bigger it gets.  Say hi to the Chinese when you get there.  

Edited by TaskersGhost

On 1/11/2019 at 6:14 PM, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

I can't lose hehe.

Dontrelle Inman came from the CFL. I would be fine if he turns out to be on his level. 

On 1/8/2019 at 8:51 AM, Juice_32 said:

Forgive me if I missed it up thread but how did you come to determine that Star is and has always been a below average DL? PFF? Stat sheets? I’m just curious.

I’ve watched him extensively on all 22 this year and he is one of the only players on the roster who I saw consistently doing his job and doing it well. 

As long as you're convinced.  That's all that matters, right.  

Otherwise, there's a wealth of resources for your to consult online.  You mention PFF?  Did you bother to look there?  Did you bother to  look there for his prior seasons in Carolina?  

I'll ask you, how do you come to the conclusion that he's great or put another way, worthy of that fairly large contract they gave him?  Surely you've done the research since you're so sure, right?  So please, feel free to list the same links that support your argument.  Seriously, I'm highly eager to find out where you look for this besides your own personal "extensive viewing."  Seems to me that you're largely on an island there, even the regionial media's been down on him all year.  

1 hour ago, Ittakestime said:

Dontrelle Inman came from the CFL. I would be fine if he turns out to be on his level. 

Living in Canada I follow the CFL in my "spare" football time (their season starts before the NFL's does). Comparing Inman with Williams is apples and oranges as to receiver type. Dontrelle is talented and was productive in the CFL the two years he was here and he helped Toronto to a championship. But last year Williams was literally twice the player Inman ever was. Way more versatile and complete in terms of skill set. Inman was very good. Williams was dominant. Think TO. Will it translate to the big stage where DBs and linebackers are bigger, badder and better? Idk but I'm looking forward to finding out.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Living in Canada I follow the CFL in my "spare" football time (their season starts before the NFL's does). Comparing Inman with Williams is apples and oranges as to receiver type. Dontrelle is talented and was productive in the CFL the two years he was here and he helped Toronto to a championship. But last year Williams was literally twice the player Inman ever was. Way more versatile and complete in terms of skill set. Inman was very good. Williams was dominant. Think TO. Will it translate to the big stage where DBs and linebackers are bigger, badder and better? Idk but I'm looking forward to finding out.

Never compared the two. Just said if Williams put up Inman numbers, that would be fine. 

44 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

My Eskimos fan friend sez he hopes Duke bombs in camp or earlier and comes back to Edmonton 

• Haha (+1) 1

Big guy, but quick rather than fast.  Ran 4.72 40 at the combine with only a 30 inch vert.  Made some big strides in his play this year in the CFL this year.  Enough to warrant a look in training camp.  Good low risk boom or bust project.