What was the motivation for leaking the old Josh Allen tweets?

But seriously, it was widely reported during the draft that the Cardinals desperately wanted Allen and KNEW they were going to have to find a way to beat Buffalo to him. When the Bills picked him, it was immediately reported on NFL Network that the Cardinals were "absolutely heartbroken". Considering how low they picked and how much of a longshot it was going to be for them to be able to get Allen....could it have been them? I mean, if it was an NFL team, they make the most sense to me.

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, hemma said:

I would not be surprised if there was at least one jackass out there (from virtually any country) that collects all media history on potential top picks

as a form of blackmail. 

I believe I read that the tweets were deleted at some point in the fall, and that the screen shots were taken in September 2017

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

People... this is a full-time occupation for people, going through twitter and social media just to kill someone when they were in grade 7.

How is this a surprise with what has gone on the last year?

Right, and it’s pretty sad.  The reason it’s being done is because this thing has gotten so much media attention.

In the case of Allen though, do you think they wanted him to just look bad or was there a strategic purpose based on the draft?

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I believe I read that the tweets were deleted at some point in the fall, and that the screen shots were taken in September 2017

I don’t know about the exact date but I’m pretty sure the tweets were actually deleted months before the draft

12 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Right, and it’s pretty sad.  The reason it’s being done is because this thing has gotten so much media attention.

and it's all one-sided agenda-wise, these people have no trouble sweeping it under the carpet if they like the offender...

10 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Sorry... i REALLY wanted Rosen. 

I can admit i was wrong and now would rather no other. 

we don't really know anything for another 3 years how it should have gone...

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

There are bots that sweep the web on schedule, usually for competitive purposes but also, to act as 'librarians'.

The Wayback Machine  has 345 Billion Archived Web pages, so as an example, you can check and see what was happening at buffalobills.com years ago. 

I don't know if Wayback does twitter accounts, but I'm sure someone does somewhere.

4 minutes ago, hemma said:

There are bots that sweep the web on schedule, usually for competitive purposes but also, to act as 'librarians'.

The Wayback Machine  has 345 Billion Archived Web pages, so as an example, you can check and see what was happening at buffalobills.com years ago. 

I don't know if Wayback does twitter accounts, but I'm sure someone does somewhere.

It doesn’t 

I don't know that there is any practical way  to get solid answers as to who dug up the old tweets.  Not knowing who, I don't know how much point there is to speculating on the motive.  As has been suggested, it could have been done out of personal malice or the competitive world of player agents.  I suppose it could have been some political extremist- some liberal who thought Allen should be punished in the court of public opinion, or even a white supremist who thought Josh Allen might be a fellow white supremist at heart and could be forced out in the open by digging up his past.

14 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

How can you retrieve old tweets that have seen deleted months ago, though?  

This is why I think it was definitely deliberate and calculated 

I work in the numbers side of a forensic accounting firm, I've watched the IT gurus retrieve amazing things upon request.