I know, I know we need offense, but do we consider the other Josh Allen at 9?

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I actually clicked on his scouting report this morning because I think he could very well be in play with our pick.  It seems like the offensive talent in this draft doesn’t have a lot in terms of top 10 talent.

5 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I’d be absolutely shocked if he was there at 9.  I think he’s top 5 easily.  

Right...right, both of you.

Man, the thing is now instead of just Bosa and Oliver being "men" there, Allen looks like a potential stud, too.

...if...IF he is there....

...do you take him?  Frick, I just don't know.  I need to know more about him.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

OLB is definitely a need with Alexander playing maybe one more year.  The trio of Milano, Edmunds, and Allen would solidify the Bills LB core as one of the best in the league for years.

However, I don't see Allen lasting to 9.

He's a top 5 guy, and with all the needs on the offensive side of the ball, I don't anticipate Beane trading up that far and giving up that much capital to get him.

Rather sit at 9 or trade down and get an OL or WR.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, dezertbill said:

OLB is definitely a need with Alexander playing maybe one more year.  The trio of Milano, Edmunds, and Allen would solidify the Bills LB core as one of the best in the league for years.

However, I don't see Allen lasting to 9.

He's a top 5 guy, and with all the needs on the offensive side of the ball, I don't anticipate Beane trading up that far and giving up that much capital to get him.

Rather sit at 9 or trade down and get an OL or WR.

...I know...he'll likely be gone.

Man, doesn't it get scary good though just thinking about the possibility?

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Right...right, both of you.

Man, the thing is now instead of just Bosa and Oliver being "men" there, Allen looks like a potential stud, too.

...if...IF he is there....

Frick, I just don't know.  I need to know more about him.

If it were 2018 with all the QB's we'd be in line to get a great DL player with all the talent in this year's draft.  But with lack of QB's and teams needing one those guys will get snatched up pretty quick.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Antonio said:

If he is there at 9 and the top OL is gone I think he would be a solid pick for us. 

BPA even if it isn´t a position of need. 

Antonio, not gonna lie...great point and likely very true.

How do you pass up one of the best OT in this year's draft?  Especially this team.

I love Josh Allen and think he's a great fit as a Sam/DE on passing downs, and younger faster better Lorax. 

They finally let Tremaine rush the passer last week and he got a nice sack. I think Allen provides that same type of versatility. Unfortunately he probably winds up on the Jets, which sucks. 

8 minutes ago, Antonio said:

If he is there at 9 and the top OL is gone I think he would be a solid pick for us. 

BPA even if it isn´t a position of need. 

Josh Allen is far and away a much better prospect than Jonah Williams. If we had the choice between a right tackle and game changing, elite edge player, and choose the tackle, we lost the draft. 

• Like (+1) 4

17 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Yes just because it would be very confusing/funny when listening to the game on the radio.

Josh Allen with the sack!

Better the Bills get him than any other team.  Universe ending paradoxes might ensue if Josh Allen were to tackle Josh Allen.

Then again, the Bills do need a Williams.  ?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I love Josh Allen and think he's a great fit as a Sam/DE on passing downs, and younger faster better Lorax. 

They finally let Tremaine rush the passer last week and he got a nice sack. I think Allen provides that same type of versatility. Unfortunately he probably winds up on the Jets, which sucks. 

Josh Allen is far and away a much better prospect than Jonah Williams. If we had the choice between a right tackle and game changing, elite edge player, and choose the tackle, we lost the draft. 

I would be happy with either pick because I know that we need a lot of help on the offense and if we end up upgradding our O Line and the offense becomes that much better Allen, Shady and the WR will shine, we just need the offense to be Top 15 to be consider contender in my opinion. 

Know if you tell me he is like K Mack... then I definitly be all over!

Edited by Antonio

Many mocks have him going to the Jests. I fear this off season from what the Jests might do. There in much better position and have made no secret what they are doing. I can easily see McCarthy as HC, Bell at RB, Allen at LB and stud FA WR and WR draft pick. Ugh!

I dont follow college ball and am not one to make quick judgment based on YouTube highlights but man, watching that video got me really liking this kid. The speed, motor and never give up on a play attitude is what I see. When he gets jammed up or blocked in one direction he spin moves out of it and goes the other way. Beautiful. Unlike Trent Murphy who gets jammed up and that's pretty much it unless a sack falls in his lap.