Bills fire OL Coach Juan Castillo

YoloinOhio

15 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I am so sick of having a D.C. Who mainly runs a cover poo defense and never blitzes. I think the Bills are praying another team signs him as a HC.

Except they DID blitz. They used zone blitzes as well as overload blitzes.  They did not have any berry blitzes however which are delicious.

• Like (+1) 1

Hopefully this doesn't get buried here, but relevant to the topic...

Any scoop on possible replacements?  

1. I typically scour the NFL assistant oline coaches, Steelers have a young dude, likely no.  I'd suggest maybe Dallas, Chicago, Kansas City, or Seattle

2. college ranks...maybe Daboll has a few connections from his time at Bama / networking at the collegiate level

6 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I think that will get better as Edmunds continues to work in the offseason.  It is the responsability of the MLB in this D to make adjustments.

This is definitely a possibility and I hope you are right.

Frazier does need to put more pressure on the QB.  If the front four isn't getting there in a straight rush, he needs to run stunts and blitz.  He rarely did this.  It puts way too much pressure on the DBs, who I thought did extremely well this year.

9 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I do not think coaches getting fired is equivalent to suffering since they get paid for each year they are contracted for.  He can go find some work in college football, learn about upcoming linemen and get a job in 2020.

You ever get fired? Had to move your family? Internalize the feeling of failure? Suffering can take many forms. He's a human being. I DO think his firing was merited and I said that. To be honest though, I'd have preferred that he do great.

Edited by BubbaT
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BubbaT said:

You ever get fired? Had to move your family? Internalize the feeling of failure? Suffering can take many forms. He's a human being. I DO think his firing was merited and I said that. To be honest though, I'd have preferred that he do great.

Yes I have been fired but being paid to not work is great compensation.

Players hate to see coaches fired, but at least they're paid

https://www.pro32.ap.org/article/players-hate-see-coaches-fired-least-theyre-paid

I thought and expressed it at the time that Coach McD dumped a lot of good coaches and replaced them with his hand picked replacements who later was let go.  It is why I changed my login from Lemonaid to Limeaid.