McBeane will build a Wr Core of 2s & 3s.

BillsFan1988

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Its totally fair to be skeptical or nervous about their ability to scout WR's.  What I addressed is that you were talking conclusively that Beane sucks at it and I was addressing the fact that there really isnt a body of work to make that statement.  He has only been a GM in the NFL for one draft, and in that draft they addressed additional needs with their higher picks. 

We won't know what Beane can do with the WR group until this offseason where he and McD have both been clear that they know they need to address it.  So, we will see what they do with cap space and draft picks in terms of WR this year.  

Idk. Context. I never said conclusively Beane wouldn't draft Larry Fitzgerald 2.0. I said he should hire the Steelers WR scouts because him or his scout team has absolutely sucked at receivers so far 

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

Just now, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Idk. Context. I never said conclusively Beane wouldn't draft Larry Fitzgerald 2.0. I said he should hire the Steelers WR scouts because him or his team has absolutely sucked at it so far 

Ha, so you say you never said conclusively yet follow that up with a conclusive statement he sucks at it.  

34 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Ha, so you say you never said conclusively yet follow that up with a conclusive statement he sucks at it.  

I never said conclusively that they wouldn't draft Larry Fitz 2.0... IN THE FUTURE???!

I did say "conclusively" they've sucked at evaluating the position... THUS FAR???!

Context!

Stop being a **** and stop combating with petty replies. I swear to God every time I try to show I understand your point of view and express mine just to get you to bug off you say some dumb **** to keep going

I'm doing my duty as a Bill's fan and drinking beers while I scout for possible WR & TE talent in tonight's Iowa State versus Washington State Bowl and I may have found one.  It's a big dude on WS (Dezman Palmon) that made a leaping finger tip TD catch.  It was impressive and looked to be an even harder catch then the one that Logan Thomas dropped at the goal line against NE. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

I never said conclusively that they wouldn't draft Larry Fitz 2.0... IN THE FUTURE???!

I did say "conclusively" they've sucked at evaluating the position... THUS FAR???!

Context!

Stop being a **** and stop combating with petty replies. I swear to God every time I try to show I understand your point of view and express mine just to get you to bug off you say some dumb **** to keep going

Lol, it’s all good man, and I already said your skepticism or concern was reasonable as your explained it 2 posts ago and that my posts to you were about your previous conclusive statements.  Just found irony in your last post where you worded it in a contradictory way.

And for the record, Beane has brought in 3 young WRs from draft and UDFA...Ray Ray, Foster and Proehl.  He also added McKenzie mid season.  So he’s added 2 contributing WRs in one off season despite not yet investing heavy in the position.  

So sorry, but your conclusive statement that he sucks at it and spin of he has sucked so far is not accurate.  His ability to scout WRs is still unknown for the most part.  But...He found value and our current best WR while using almost no assets of value to do so.  He’s already doing better than most before he’s really paid the position any attention.  

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Lol, it’s all good man, and I already said your skepticism or concern was reasonable as your explained it 2 posts ago and that my posts to you were about your previous conclusive statements.  Just found irony in your last post where you worded it in a contradictory way.

And for the record, Beane has brought in 3 young WRs from draft and UDFA...Ray Ray, Foster and Proehl.  He also added McKenzie mid season.  So he’s added 2 contributing WRs in one off season despite not yet investing heavy in the position.  

So sorry, but your conclusive statement that he sucks at it and spin of he has sucked so far is not accurate.  His ability to scout WRs is still unknown for the most part.  But...He found value and our current best WR while using almost no assets of value to do so.  He’s already doing better than most before he’s really paid the position any attention.  

Super annoying dude. I expanded on my opinion and don't even know what post you're still hung up on like it even matters after 3 replies. 

We conclusively have crappy receivers under Beane's tenure so far. Whether or not you want to give credit or praise to whatever Beane hasn't done for the position is your call

19 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

When studying what's available via the draft , free agency and potentially via trade at the Wr position . Iv'e come to the realization that the best way to fix and build our Wr core will be by adding multiple guys that fit as #2 or #3 Wrs in a NFL offense. There is no true #1 Wr available unless u want to give up major assets in return and i dont see McBeane selling our future for a old Wr like Aj Green on his last legs . 

Matter of fact i believe building a core of 2s and 3s is better then having a true #1 franchise Wr with a solid cast around him. Just look at the facts how many titles does guys like Brown, OBJ , Evans, Aj or even Calvin have ? Zero is the answer .

It can be argued that having a target monster is bad for development of a young franchise QB . Because

Having a stud diva Wr will put unneccasary pressure on Allen to force feed him . This is usually great for fantasy football but in the real world it stunts the growth of QBs because they tend to focus in on there star instead of going threw there progressions in a timely matter. With that being said its better to have an overall talented core of guys that fit roles. U need your burners , possiesion type chain movers, red zone targets etc etc. 

Not only does it help your young QB learn how to play his position the right way. It also helps with the way defenses approach stopping u. If u dont have a true target monster for defenses to try to stop and gm plan for then opposing DCs will try to project instead who will be your #1 wr on any givin week. This gives the offense the advantage in my opinion. Having 4 to 5 guys that can be feed on a moments notice puts alot of strain on opposing secondaries. Especially when u go 4 and 5 wr sets because most defenese get really thin at the #4 and #5 corner spots. This will open up some big time mismatches that offenses can exploit. This has bascially been the Pats model when they were winning superbowls in the early 2000s and the Steelers when Ben won his first 2 rings. 

Last but not least not having a true #1 Wr is also good for your salary cap space as franchise #1s get paid big money in todays NFL.  Well if u ask me its basically paying a guy big money to get locked up by opposing # 1 star corners . Those that play fantasy football know this all to well. With all this being said its on McBeane if they follow this model to bring in the right guys to fill the roles they need and to put this recipe to the test and if done right can be beneficial to long term winning in todays NFL. 

Lets hope a TE becomes our number one.

Hockenson from Iowa is my guy.

19 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

WR Corps > WR Core.  At any rate, I believe the Bills need a legit #1 WR that will command the attention of opposing defenses on every play.  They may have the makings of that guy in Robert Foster, but if not they should acquire one. 

more like Corpse

If I was a betting man the Bills will trade out of their number 1 spot and get an additional 1 or 2 next year and a 2 this year (maybe more). They will draft with the first 3 picks WR, OL (guard/center) and DT. Out of those 3 positions whatever the BPA when they pick each time is how they MAY proceed. OK- this is all speculation and hinges on FA but thats how I see it now.

Later in the second day of the draft the Bills take a stud, smash it between the tackles RB- boy I would love to see a Natron Means/Travis Henry type back punishing the Pats and everyone else.

11 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

DK Metcalf is a #1 WR prospect, and IMO the best WR prospect in this draft in terms of speed, size, and contested catches.  I mean you never know at the next level, but he will be the first WR off the board IMO as he is the full package. 

Talented? Yes. The neck injury scares me with Metcalf. I know Ole Miss, he, and the docs are all "This isn't going to effect him long term." But a guy so young, with a vertebrae issue, in a position you can get yoked a lot? Makes me wary of using a 1st on him. 

8 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Super annoying dude. I expanded on my opinion and don't even know what post you're still hung up on like it even matters after 3 replies. 

We conclusively have crappy receivers under Beane's tenure so far. Whether or not you want to give credit or praise to whatever Beane hasn't done for the position is your call

Not sure why you’re so annoyed, literally validated your opinion twice when you clarified it.  Just don’t agree with it and said why.  No biggie lol

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, H2o said:

Talented? Yes. The neck injury scares me with Metcalf. I know Ole Miss, he, and the docs are all "This isn't going to effect him long term." But a guy so young, with a vertebrae issue, in a position you can get yoked a lot? Makes me wary of using a 1st on him. 

Fair point.  And admittedly, my opinion on Metcalf is based on the assumption the neck injury will not be of concern moving forward.  I also assume that teams will have a good idea about it once the draft gets here through the full off season due diligence.  

So yeah, if something comes up in due diligence that suggests it could be an issue then a first is a risky bet and he probably falls a bit.  But personally, the discussion so far has been it’s not a long term concern, so at this stage I’m taking that at face value until I hear otherwise.  

Admittedly, it would be great if other teams had some concerns and he fell to the 2nd for us to grab him and lower both our risk and investment.  But as of right now, I still think come draft time he’s going to be the top WR on board on most teams boards and likely is one of the first 2 WRs drafted.

• Like (+1) 1

Just bring in more guys that can catch.  Give me players that can catch and get open.  Whether they are a number 1 or not, I don't think that really matters with Allen.  Just get a guy that can catch and I think Allen will make him look better than he is because of his down the field passing. 

I never thought Jordy Nelson was a true number 1 receiver but he put up those kind of numbers because Rodgers threw the ball down the field to him making big chunk plays.   

I have said I think the concept of a #1 receiver is overrated.  If a team has a receiver who is so obviously better than anybody else on the team that the QB begins to depend on him as a crutch, it makes that team vulnerable to defenses that are able to focus on taking that receiver away.  It's far better IMO to have a QB who is comfortable spreading the ball around to multiple receivers who are all competent at getting open and catch it consistently.  Now, there is nothing wrong with having an elite receiver, if your QB is is still willing to find the receiver who is open, even if it's not his #1.

Well hopefully after last night with Marquise Brown being held catch less folks here wil quit acting like he’s gonna be great in the nfl. Been saying for months, in the nfl he will struggle. 5’9” 160 isn’t going to cut it. Last night was his first exposure to what would be the closest to an nfl defense. And he was shut down.