Ravens at Chargers 8pm NFLN

YoloinOhio

11 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

They most likely won't have a home playoff game if they lose the division.  The NFL's worst nightmare is the Chargers getting home field throughout the playoffs with the prospect of the conference championship game played with 28,000 fans in the stands.

It being the Chargers, they would be lucky to get that many.

5 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I was so bummed the Chargers lost.  I was hoping for Rivers and Lynn’s sake They pulled out the #1 seed, vs. the 5 th.

I honestly thought the Chargers were going to kill the Ravens.  The Chargers D is pretty good, so I figured the Ravens down a few scores and there would be no way Jackson could keep up via passing--he's awful at it.  

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ravens just really shut down the chargers offense and made more big plays. Chargers defense played pretty well. 

Shows how much worse the chiefs and Steelers defenses are 

Also shows how wide open the AFC is, none of these teams are close to being great. Ravens have just as good of a chance as anyone.

Bills fans:  Allen never misses passes, it’s all his receivers and oline fault.  He’s a winner.

also Bills fans:  the Ravens win with Lamar holding him back.  Also, he is really a running back. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JackLa00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AlleJo02.htm

i hope they both become better passers and become franchise guys.   And it’s hard to explain it, but Jackson just wins.  It’s like he was good in college or something.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Bills fans:  Allen never misses passes, it’s all his receivers and oline fault.  He’s a winner.

also Bills fans:  the Ravens win with Lamar holding him back.  Also, he is really a running back. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JackLa00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AlleJo02.htm

i hope they both become better passers and become franchise guys.   And it’s hard to explain it, but Jackson just wins.  It’s like he was good in college or something.

You're bordering on crusade territory. Using terms like always and never are usually clues to straw men arguments. Ardent Allen fans still claim he needs to develop. No one here ever claimed he doesn't miss passes. For the most part, Bills fans that I have read do not think Jackson can sustain effectiveness. Most acknowledge his current success, do they not? If you think Lamar is on par with Allen in terms of potential in the passing game, your criteria and evaluative capacity is vastly different than my own. I'll side with 716, in any event. Ravens have a better line and more weapons. Their D is smothering. I surmise the comment on "good in college or something" is meant to contrast Allen at Wyoming with Jackson at Louisville. Taken in context, Allen significantly raised the play of a bad Wyoming team. Compare their record when he played and when he didn't, but so what? Going forward, we'll see how they turn out at the pro level. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

You're bordering on crusade territory. Using terms like always and never are usually clues to straw men arguments. Ardent Allen fans still claim he needs to develop. No one here ever claimed he doesn't miss passes. For the most part, Bills fans that I have read do not think Jackson can sustain effectiveness. Most acknowledge his current success, do they not? If you think Lamar is on par with Allen in terms of potential in the passing game, your criteria and evaluative capacity is vastly different than my own. I'll side with 716, in any event. Ravens have a better line and more weapons. Their D is smothering. I surmise the comment on "good in college or something" is meant to contrast Allen at Wyoming with Jackson at Louisville. Taken in context, Allen significantly raised the play of a bad Wyoming team. Compare their record when he played and when he didn't, but so what? Going forward, we'll see how they turn out at the pro level. 

excellent post. spot on from beginning to end.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Sure dude.  There are plenty of people who trash Jackson while making every excuse for Allen.  I had them tied as prospects coming out at the draft and imo, they are still tied.

if Allen had Jackson’s production against that level in college instead I’d ehat he did in the MWC, there would be no criticism of him and he’d be the number 1 pick of the draft.  But there are totally double standards here (it’s a bills board and I expect that but I call it like I see it) but Allen is closer as a passer to Jackson than Brees.  But both are super young and have a lot of ability, so hopefully they both get there because it makes the nfl better. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Sure dude.  There are plenty of people who trash Jackson while making every excuse for Allen.  I had them tied as prospects coming out at the draft and imo, they are still tied.

if Allen had Jackson’s production against that level in college instead I’d ehat he did in the MWC, there would be no criticism of him and he’d be the number 1 pick of the draft.  But there are totally double standards here (it’s a bills board and I expect that but I call it like I see it) but Allen is closer as a passer to Jackson than Brees.  But both are super young and have a lot of ability, so hopefully they both get there because it makes the nfl better. 

On the other hand, for most of the game, the announcers were ball-washing Jackson in a way that never happens with Allen.  Jackson is playing behind a really good o-line and has plenty of weapons at his disposal.  We don’t have a single TE who would make the Ravens 53-man roster, and maybe one offensive lineman who would start for them.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

On the other hand, for most of the game, the announcers were ball-washing Jackson in a way that never happens with Allen.  Jackson is playing behind a really good o-line and has plenty of weapons at his disposal.  We don’t have a single TE who would make the Ravens 53-man roster, and maybe one offensive lineman who would start for them.  

I think you need to review their TE’s production.  Clay, prior to this year, was far superior to any of them.

and the Heisman winner is probably going to get more hype than the Wyoming guy.  If Allen becomes the guy, he will get ball washes like every good qb does.

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think you need to review their TE’s production.  Clay, prior to this year, was far superior to any of them.

and the Heisman winner is probably going to get more hype than the Wyoming guy.  If Allen becomes the guy, he will get ball washes like every good qb does.

Clay this year is a broken down old war horse. I agree about the penumbra of Heisman hype still attached to Jackson, but there's also hangover from the analytics crowd who are going to resist saying nice things about Allen until his play is so overwhelmingly good that they have no choice.

Edited by Dr. Who