Fantasy Loss

#1 seed and lost to #6 by 5.8 in standard scoring.  Had Will Lutz going last night, and had a good start with 7/13 points needed to win in the first half.  Keenan Allen killed me this week.  

First playoff appearance for this league in about 7 or 8 years, and I’m already up $150 for winning regular season title (11-2).

#2 seed with a bye last week.  Lost as OBJ and Wentz (not that he was that great this year at all) were both injured.  I did pick up Josh Allen (best available as the guy I drafted to be my back up was Garapollo) and Robert Foster, hoping for the double up in points.  Worked to a degree.  Unfortunately, received a goose egg from Adam Thielen, which sunk me.  Lost by 4 points.

I probably would have been the #1 seed had not someone in my league dropped Mahomes in week 3 to pick up Manning (the guy who got him off waivers has been killing it since).  Myself and the other 10 guys were dumbfounded.

I feel this pain.  It was @Sig1Hunter I think a few years ago I was crushing in a semi final. I had lost like 2 games all year. He had Brees come in and score an Godlike amount, 60-70 pts and win by barely a point. The next week in consolation I had the best week of the year.  It was brutal but not half as bad as being takeyoutotasker, because he thinks golf is a sport. 

Sitting in KeyBank last Thursday, waiting for the Sabres to start...I notice Justin Jackson was still on the WW an hour before the game. I pick him up, it says the claim went through. I look for him on my roster, he's not there. I try the claim again and again, all say successful, yet he's not there on my roster. I can't play him, ugh. He scores 18pts. Next day, I see him on my roster. WTF? I have to play Adams or Edwards... I play J.Adams, Edwards scores 17, Adams does nothing. I also sat Jeffrey (honestly he's done nothing all year...except for last week, sigh) for Samuel of the Panthers (one nice catch early, then nothing the rest of the game). I lost by 10, but if Jackson would have been in my lineup (or even Edward) I would have won. Can I also blame Wertz for getting hurt and Foles forgetting Ertz was on the team? All around disaster of Titanic proportions. I went from dominating all season at 13-1, to playing in the consolation. Sketchy cell service / wifi inside the arena to blame? A glitch in Yahoo (he was a FA, so claim should have processed immediately)? Either way...I'm out the big bucks and trying to scrape a few bucks out of the league. 

24 minutes ago, 707BillsFan said:

Sitting in KeyBank last Thursday, waiting for the Sabres to start...I notice Justin Jackson was still on the WW an hour before the game. I pick him up, it says the claim went through. I look for him on my roster, he's not there. I try the claim again and again, all say successful, yet he's not there on my roster. I can't play him, ugh. He scores 18pts. Next day, I see him on my roster. WTF? I have to play Adams or Edwards... I play J.Adams, Edwards scores 17, Adams does nothing. I also sat Jeffrey (honestly he's done nothing all year...except for last week, sigh) for Samuel of the Panthers (one nice catch early, then nothing the rest of the game). I lost by 10, but if Jackson would have been in my lineup (or even Edward) I would have won. Can I also blame Wertz for getting hurt and Foles forgetting Ertz was on the team? All around disaster of Titanic proportions. I went from dominating all season at 13-1, to playing in the consolation. Sketchy cell service / wifi inside the arena to blame? A glitch in Yahoo (he was a FA, so claim should have processed immediately)? Either way...I'm out the big bucks and trying to scrape a few bucks out of the league. 

Did someone pick Jackson up earlier in the week then release him? That would make you have to wait until Friday for the waiver to clear. This is a dirty fantasy trick, we don’t allow it in our league. 

Basically picking a guy up and then releasing him just so no one can use him. 

2 hours ago, CommonCents said:

Did someone pick Jackson up earlier in the week then release him? That would make you have to wait until Friday for the waiver to clear. This is a dirty fantasy trick, we don’t allow it in our league. 

Basically picking a guy up and then releasing him just so no one can use him. 

No, he was a FA - I saw it earlier in the day, but since Gordon was questionable...I waited (my mistake) to check on Gordon's status before the game. Once I saw he was officially OUT, I picked him up ... or so I thought. 

9 hours ago, 707BillsFan said:

My teams name was 'So bad it Ertz'......

I decided to get fancy in my league the first week of playoffs, and sat Tyreek Hill, George Kittle, and LA Rams defense. I was the 7th place team playing 2nd. If I had just played one of the three, I would have beat the 2nd place team. Instead they won by just 9 points. I would have lost in the second round, and ended up playing for third/fourth in my league this week.